AC F2004 @ Silverstone GP - Sun 14 July 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Couple more questions now I'm in. Probably silly questions but might be worth asking for some people.
1 - Which assists are allowed or not? On that note, I'm presuming we don't all need a wheel or full racing rig, and a controller will suffice?
2 - How do free/official practice work or differ? When jumping into free practice, as I'm new, would I just jump in into a session with people already going or would a new race/session need to be created? And do I need to be there for the start of the official practice?
1. Its gonna be Factory settings always, this car comes with TC enabled and we're gonna run with it

2. You can practice at the Free practice server, which will be up tomorrow. They only differ in that official practice will be on race server and you must be in TS during official practice.

1. Most races of club racing have the following:
ABS - factory (if the car has it in real life, it will have it in the game. otherwise, it will not have it. Sometimes, it might be turned on for some cars to keep the lap times of different cars kinda the same.)
TC - factory
Stability control - not allowed
Auto-clutch - allowed
Tyre wear - 100%
Fuel consumption - 100%
Damage - 10%
Tyre blanket: YES
Jump-start: Drive-through.

Most of the players will have a wheel and pedals setup (they might vary from old Logitech G25-27 to newer G29, to Thrustmaster or direct-drive wheels and some may use VR), but I don't see why you couldn't race from a joystick. You will have to get accustomed with the no stability setting.

Cool that's fine. So an Xbox One wired controller should be fine? I'll just be very careful XD
2. free practice, most of the time, is on a different server than the race server. in the free practice, you can jump in whenever you want. it doesn't matter how many or how skilled the other drivers are. You should still respect the other drivers: always leave space, and be aware of the cars next to you and never race on an out lap, let others by during out-lap.
The official practice is just the time when everybody gathers on the right server and on TS3. It's not really mandatory to participate to the whole practice session, however, is necessary to be on the server when the qualification session starts, so that you have enough time to set a lap time for the start of the race.
Ah right okay, I get it now. Thanks!

Oh one more thing, sorry for the barrage of Qs. Rules on recording/streaming? I just thought I'd ask in case. Started streaming on Twitch recently so thought it might fit.
The rule says you have to ask permission to all the members before you start streaming or if you want to upload on the internet the recordings, due to the fact that there are real names used in those races.

Cool that's fine. So an Xbox One wired controller should be fine? I'll just be very careful XD
As long as you have a PC, you can attend the races. I don't know if they are cross-platform. most likely no. Just practice before the even on the servers or offline and use factory settings. As Joel said, it will not have ABS, so you'll have to manage that from the controller.

The rule says you have to ask permission to all the members before you start streaming or if you want to upload on the internet the recordings, due to the fact that there are real names used in those races.
Do I do that now/here?
If so, it would be great if the people involved with/competing in this event could reply to this with whether they give permission for me to stream the actual event. I might still stream my own practice offline, as that's just me, but yeah, sensible to ask. Thanks for telling me!

As long as you have a PC, you can attend the races. I don't know if they are cross-platform. most likely no. Just practice before the even on the servers or offline and use factory settings. As Joel said, it will not have ABS, so you'll have to manage that from the controller.
Yep that's fine. I'm getting used to the handling XD

Do I do that now/here?
If so, it would be great if the people involved with/competing in this event could reply to this with whether they give permission for me to stream the actual event. I might still stream my own practice offline, as that's just me, but yeah, sensible to ask. Thanks for telling me!
Just ask in TS during official practice, and if no one says no, then you're good to go. This how we've handled this as long as I've been here.:thumbsup:

Just ask in TS during official practice, and if no one says no, then you're good to go. This how we've handled this as long as I've been here.:thumbsup:
Ah okay thanks!
Regardless, looking forward to it. Sorry I'm being all annoying by asking a bunch of questions and blowing up this (and other) forum threads.

Ah okay thanks!
Regardless, looking forward to it. Sorry I'm being all annoying by asking a bunch of questions and blowing up this (and other) forum threads.
There is no such thing as stupid questions :D And thanks @Raresch for answering these aswell. Since I'm working night shift driving a truck, there will be a slight delay answering here, cause I have to use mobile:notworthy:

There is no such thing as stupid questions :D And thanks @Raresch for answering these aswell. Since I'm working night shift driving a truck, there will be a slight delay answering here, cause I have to use mobile:notworthy:
no problem @JoelK . when I ask a question I get a response, so if I can and know the answer, why should I not answer :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 324 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.4%