F2004 - Kunos vs ASR thoughts

Hopefully the right place to post this... if not apologies...

I've had a go in the Kunos one (spent 90 mins in it!) this morning around Monza and did a 1:21.698, which is +1.097 slower than my best time in the ASR F2004 (1:20.601). I would say that the ASR car was quick out of the box, but the Kunos one needed a lot of setup work to get it to where I could do that time (has loads of understeer with default setup to me). Once I got the setup right, they feel very close in terms of handling, grip, etc in my opinion.

As far as the 1 second difference goes, there will obviously be a few very small differences between my 2 laps, but I am also wondering if the difference comes from engine power. The ASR one is listed as 950bhp, where as the Kunos is 865bhp. That's a significant difference in a car that weighs so little. Obviously Ferrari never really released the true specs for the engine, but I'd imagine in real life and certainly in qualifying trim, it would be closer to 950 than 865.

Interested to know everyone else's thoughts who have tried both :D

Here's my 2 laps (TV cam then onboard):

ASR (+0.512 slower than Barrichello's 2004 pole lap):

Kunos:

Sry, i can't understand what you mean by that.
Look, I don't particularly care about laptimes, I'm no Seb Vettel or even an old, withered Kimi Raikkonen - so the fact I can't match their laptimes doesn't bother me.

But just because you are seeing laptimes that are close doesn't mean a lot to me knowing than some of the physics fundamentals are miles off. My example above was that I could probably make any car lap similarly to an F1 car, even if in reality they way it gets there is not at all realistic.

So to summarise.
You claim that kunos f1 cars are less efficient regarding downforce levels from real ones.
In order to compensate that, kunos did their tyres to be more efficient on high loads than real ones. Right?
Ok.
None of us know the reasons for this decision. Maybe they have to deal with some limitation with their engine or something else that we don't know.
Would that make any more difference if I the end the final result will be a car that behaves really close to the real one?
I am telling that because I saw the lap of vettel and he did a 1:19:200 in Barcelona. Kunos car does that in 1:19:500 which is identical and also the speeds at corners is almost identical, really close.
So what is the issue here?

There isn't any limitation in the engine.

Here

Because some data are real setup sheets showing the aero coefficients.

Example, a 2001 setup sheet from Prost @ Barcelona, here it states that SCz (CL in AC) equals to 3.95. And this is a bad 2001 car, imagine the best 2004 F1 like the F2004 was (you can't go over 4 CL in game).

496TE.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years