F1RFT 2011 - How to enable Safety Car?

HI,
I have one very important question. How can I enable Safety car during the online races? I have F1 RFT 2011 mod, I see SC in pitlane, but during the accidents SC did not coming on the track. I tried enable everything in game settings, but no results. I read another forums, and saw that others had same problem, too. If it is possible to see SC in action, please help us. We will wait your reply. Thanx in advance ;)

I believe its in your PLR file.....go into the rfactor file, find the plr file with your name on it in the user data folder, open it in notepad, and there should be somewhere a setting called safety car threshold, if you then lower this number a bit it should then work. I think everyone entering the server has to also do this and the number has to be the same.

Just remember, backup that file before you edit if my plan doesnt work :p

Josh
In PLR file I found this information about Safety Car, which of them I need to edit? I don't know.

======================================================================
QUICK Formation Lap="1" // 0=standing start, 1=formation lap & standing start, 2=lap behind safety car & rolling start, 3=use track default, 4=fast rolling start
MULTI Formation Lap="0"
Force Formation="0" // if Formation Lap is Use Track Default, add the following to force: 1=standing start formations on, 2=standing formations off, 4=rolling start formations on, 8=rolling formations off

QUICK Safety Car Collidable="0" // Whether safety car is collidable
MULTI Safety Car Collidable="0"

QUICK Safety Car Thresh="1.00000" // Threshold for bringing out safety car (lower numbers -> more full-course yellows), please note that there are now RFM multipliers for this value
MULTI Safety Car Thresh="0.30000"

Adjust Frozen Order="1.00000" // Moves vehicles down the frozen track order under the safety car if they are causing the yellow and being passed. 0.0=off, 0.1-0.9=apply liberally, 1.0+=apply conservatively

Backfire Anim Speed="30.00000"
Warning Light Anim Speed="4.00000" // Safety car light animation

QUICK Safety Car Thresh="1.00000" // Threshold for bringing out safety car (lower numbers -> more full-course yellows), please note that there are now RFM multipliers for this value
MULTI Safety Car Thresh="0.30000"
Now I know that with Safety car thresh set at 1.00000 it never comes out, try maybe 0.5 and see what happens. The more you lower it the more chance you have of it coming out for any particular incident. I havent noticed that multi safety car thresh before, it may take some testing to see which controls the safety car in a multiplayer race. I always assumed it was the first one, but seeing as it says multi it could be involved.

Im sorry for the offtopic question. I was looking for some decent 2011 mods, Can anybody please tell me which one is better?
How would you rate RFT2011 on the scale of 10?

setting up the car is a real challenge,(a riddle if you will),unless u have time to invest into figuring it out,i only wasted 4days of my life on this mod and was still a good 4sec off the pace!!!!..physics are good,car modelling and cockpit is very good,ffb is okay/good ,DRS and KERS must work or u will be even further off the pace(and getting these two to work correctly is a challenge on its own),so overall i would say this mod could be a 10 easy,but many things make it a long term project and a considerable amount of effort and time is needed to not be 4-5-6-7-8sec off the pace

so i rate this mod generously 6.5 out of 10 due to being too complex and user unfriendly(base line set up is very much horid,with some wicked damper settings,more suited to a baja track than a F1 car),so if being slow is not an issue than this mod provides a decent F1 2011 experience

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%