Race start time: 19:30 GMT
Race distance: 2 x 16 laps

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here
F1800 skin pack: Download, extract to your nkpro folder
Skins used by Andrew Scott, Kevin Leu, Lars Wylensek

[signuplist]286[/signuplist]

Results here

You're right, something is wrong. The server is running, and it is listed on the rank website, but I also can't see it. Will restart it now.

EDIT: that seemed to do the trick, I can see it again now. Sorry for the inconvenience, thanks for pointing it out.

Hi. I bought netKar Pro a couple of days ago and looking to get in to sim racing. Got my license today so I signed up for the race tomorrow. I hope to complete a clean race and hopefully not be a roadblock :D Any tips for a total newb, other than be carful not to run into other cars?

Hi. I bought netKar Pro a couple of days ago and looking to get in to sim racing. Got my license today so I signed up for the race tomorrow. I hope to complete a clean race and hopefully not be a roadblock :D Any tips for a total newb, other than be carful not to run into other cars?

Hiya :welcome:

Make sure you turn on the car when you get to the grid :D

Let me know if you plan on practicing today, so I can join you, and help out if you think of any questions there.

Some of the basic stuff I can think of, in no particular order:
  • you have to change the tires manually
  • you have to fill the car up with gas manually. You get a warning if you don't have enough fuel for the race when you get on the grid.
  • you have to start the car manually, easy to forget when placed on the grid
  • you get placed on the grid automatically when qualifying is over, and the race session starts. Not going AFK would be good :D
  • when you're on the grid, and the timer is ticking down, you can go back to the pits, and change tires, add fuel, work on the setup, and get back on the grid in time
  • the game's netcode is not that great, so extra caution is advised, especially when getting off the line, and in turn 1
  • if you get any damage, you can try to drive to the pits to repair it, or you can escape and click on go to pits. Hitting Escape and going into pits will lose you a lap, so it's better to drive if you can.
  • repairing the car, filling it up with fuel, changing the tires, everything is done as fast as you can click on the appropriate button (except in Full Mode, but we don't use it)

That's all I can think of at the moment, hope something is useful.

Some of this is not exactly true in the default installation any more Senad. Tyres get changed, fuel gets added, engine gets started with default settings since 1.3b. You need to turn that off manually if you want to do it yourself (guess they wanted to make it easier for beginners).

not a fan of this car as I have moaned about before - all that lift oversteer blah blah - but I just did a time that is absolutely dead: 1.15.000
I know it's not fast but damn! 1st time in two years of netkar that I have ever done a totaly dead time.
Almost don't want to go faster now as it just feels kinda perfect.

f2cd3964.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years