F1800 @ Aviano Intermediate 1 / Aviano Full GP - Wednesday August 29th 2012

netkar_f1600.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT
Class: Formula 1800
Track: Aviano Intermediate 1, Aviano Full GP
Weather: dry
Formula 2000 skin pack: click here (extract to your nkpro folder)

18:30 GMT: Practice
19:10 GMT: Qualification 1
19:30 GMT: Race 1, Aviano Intermediate 1 (15 laps)
19:50 GMT: Qualification 2
20:10 GMT: Race 2, Aviano Full GP (11 laps)

Server and teamspeak password: click here
We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download here). Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically.
Click this link to login to Teamspeak

Entrylist:
To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below.
  1. Senad Subasic
  2. Grzesiek Zabielski
  3. Maciej Dolinski
  4. Marcus Dillon
  5. Paul Dillon
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver

To the folks who can drive this car with no clutch: I am fully accepting that better drivers than me can do this.:redface: I am grateful for the advice posted on here and will practice what you have suggested. I hope nobody thought it was rude of me to back out during practice, I really wasn't enjoying it and was afraid of spoiling the race for the faster guys by just getting in the way. Thanks:)

I found most of the cars impossible to drive when I first started with netKar, because at that time all I had was a cheap Logitech wheel. Bad pedals, no FFB, and 180 degrees of rotation; it was a real struggle to do anything.

If your wheel is similar, I can imagine it being frustrating. Don't worry about it :thumbsup:

If it's a DFGT or something, hope you figure it out, it really is a gem of a car.
There's also the simple gears option you can try.

I'm a very bad driver. If I were any good, I'd be able to use the clutch :D

Auto clutch and simple gears are enabled by default. Simple gears just converts fully manual boxes like on the F1800 into a sequential box. Good if you don't have a shifter. :)

Paul does use a DFGT, though I would have thought that'd be alright for this car. It's certainly seen a lot of miles in the rTrainer in rFactor, which I assume is similar if you ignore the wings.

Echh... in hindsight i should have used h-shifter with all helps disabled. Took car again for spin but this time with h-shifter rather than shift paddles. First couple laps were a bit clumsy but best lap time crumbled very fast.
When using paddles it's necessary to lift throttle for higher gear to engage (and because it takes some time car balance gets upset). With h shifter every gear is preceded with going into neutral and this allow for shift without lifting.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%