Alright when was that again.....?

Hello, i watched a video on how to install the helmet mods but its not working, is GEN 19 the wrong choice in EGO ERP Archiver or whats the deal? Why is my helmet mods not working.

Sad day to see.. Goodbye to Williams, name wont last there long even tho what they say. There should be some kinda heritage-thingy, like also with some races that they should be always there no matter what. It's going to be a very weird day not to see Williams name anywhere around. But many has left sadly, Benetton, Jordan, Arrows, Tyrrell, Minardi, Lotus, Sauber etc... Names that should be there always. :( But a British legendary team sold by daughter to a bunch of Americans... Newer though i will see this day..
Fortunately that bunch of Americans saved the team from closing it’s doors.

And its cool? Soon this legendary name is gone and on the grid there is going to be a team BurgerKing Racing or smth.. People just dont care anymore..
I would have loved to have seen the Williams family keep the team and take it to the front. As others have said, this is just another example of what F1 has become. Lets hope the cost cap makes a difference. I am skeptical. I think F1 needs much more radical ideas to keep the series healthy long term.

If they operate like most private equity, expect to see them selling off parts of WGPE to begin recouping their investment. They own it now, and it's possible that the breakup value is why they invested in the first place.

I just hope they didn't borrow the cash to do the buyout itself, as that would saddle WGPE with unsustainable debt (it's a common ploy here in the USA, and has spelled the end of several companies that were highly profitable - and yet couldn't make their interest payments - like ToysRUS). Even if the purchasing firm itself is worth billions, they'll often borrow anyway to reduce their overall risk to zero (WGPE gets saddled with the debt instead).

It's a sad day because I can guarantee you they're in and out for the $$$ and nothing else. The moment it makes financial sense to disband the team, they will.

Glad to see a thread going on the 500, was coming here to create one myself!

Speeds are getting nuts again. I saw a few guys touch 240 in qualy. In this modern era, I'm not sure there is another track run by a top-level series where setting a good laptime is just as much about guts as it is about skill. It can go so wrong, so fast - you can go from in the groove to in the catch fence in about a second, really kind of terrifying to watch!

Team Andretti is looking fast in qualy. That's good news for me, because I'm a Rossi fan and I'd love to see him take another 500 (especially after the subpar season he's had up to this point). Honestly though, with this series, even on the road courses it's pretty unpredictable...on an oval over a 500 mile distance, I really believe all 33 entrants have at least a chance. If you look at the margins in qualy, it's not hard to imagine small changes in conditions (heat, humidity, wind, timing of cautions, etc) can make a huge different. Someone who looked out of it in qualy can suddenly be the man to beat.

Looking forward to it!

Well I was having quite a good friday until I read that. One of the great British teams, sold off to an investment firm, and not even a British one at that. Hopefully a British organization gets interested when it inevitably goes up for sale again soon. A condition of sale should have been to retain the Williams name. Very sad :(
Williams is still a somewhat valuable brand despite the fact that there's now a generation of fans(23 years since their last title) that thinks of them as a backmarker team, which is why the name is worth keeping.
The only exception to that is if they can find a manufacturer to team up/sell to.

After watching Frank Williams doco, lost respect for the man. Raced off his wife's money, buy car parts over feeding his family, selfish. Only got himself to blame for the accident, driving like a nut, could of killed innocent people.

After watching Frank Williams doco, lost respect for the man. Raced off his wife's money, buy car parts over feeding his family, selfish. Only got himself to blame for the accident, driving like a nut, could of killed innocent people.

So many drivers who finally made it (and even more who didn't) went to extreme lengths to try and get there.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 455 39.3%