Alright when was that again.....?

Sad for Sir Williams, should have invested on a better leadership when there was time. Good to see the team will continue at least

An awful lot depends on this 'patient' style that the new owners are supposed to have. It doesn't sound like the Williams family has retained any independence from what has been said so they may be at the mercy of the new owners with regard to strategic and sporting decisions.

Really hope this works out and enables Williams to get back towards the front. I'm just a bit cautious because how many times before have we seen investment groups buy stakes or entire teams and then lose interest once they realise actually making any money from F1 is incredibly difficult if you aren't the rights holder. e.g. Genii Capital and 'Lotus'.

For that reason, I'd be more comfortable if they had been bought by an enthusiast as a passion project.
It looks like a bet on the new regs. Hopefully it works

Yeah, I know, but 700 ish dollars for good seats is far over the top for what I'm willing to pay.
The Bottom line at Montreal i timed the cars. The pack was about 30 seconds apart. Then for an entire minute you would watch the jubo monitor. So 60 laps and one minute on the big screen ads up to an hour. What you get is the smell of burning rubber and seeing the cars up close. Montreal the stands are setup so you can look into car and see helmet and arms. But lets face it these days with flat screen plasma TV's you get a good visual and follow the car around. In NASCAR there is a thing called race buddy that allows you to watch race from any car. As you know the middle of the pack is where the action is. I am waiting for this tech to hit F1. You can even drive a virtual sim car around in the race with actual drivers.

I took a sabbatical from work a few years ago and had three months travelling through New Zealand and Australia. I managed to combine the Melbourne GP into the trip which was pretty amazing.

I had flights and tickets for the Singapore GP next month booked from December last year. GP cancelled and refund is on the way, flights are now slowly being cancelled and I'm battling with the airlines to get a refund in a timely fashion. Shame as it was looking to be a great trip with a few days in Singapore, a couple of days in Bangkok and then on to Australia to see a mate and his new baby.

Oh well, there is always next year right, and the money saved and the time in lockdown pushed me to getting my Sim rig and beginning my rookie carreer as a GP4 driver ;)

My guess is that this is in part helped by the new Concorde Agreement that sets new and more sustainable commercial and sporting terms going forward.

Here's hoping the Williams name stays on the grid for the duration of the new agreement.

I look to see multiple changes in ownership over the next few years. "Investment Firms" are notorious for "hit and quit it" tactics. Clare is out I am sure.

I'm sure Clare is out also. I think she will be very happy about this and that was a key motivator.

I hope this statement is accurate for what is going to happen.
“We believe we are the ideal partner for the company due to our flexible and patient investment style"

minardi left us first ...

11 German Grand Prix Germany Hockenheimring, Hockenheim Germany 2000 Gaston Mazzacane Minardi 2.jpg

then he left us arrows ...

01 Australian Grand Prix Australia Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit, Melbourne f1-2000-auz-tm-0309.jpg

then jordan left us ...

05 Spanish Grand Prix Spain Circuit de Catalunya, Montmeló spanish-gp-2000-heinz-harald-frentzen.jpg

williams soon ...

14 Italian Grand Prix Italy Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Monza italy gp button.jpg

Don’t forget Tyrrell or Brabham.
Many many traditional teams have left F1 or sold their teams.
Hope they keep the name Williams although it is not the real deal anymore.

The F1 of motorcycle racing is MotoGP. If you are not watching this sport, you should start. Last we were treated with 3 outstanding races in Austria and we will hopefully have a repeat this weekend. Without the G.O.A.T., Marc Marquez, running, we actually have great racing for the lead.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 85 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 62 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 13.9%