• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

F1 | Williams Reveal New 2020 Race Livery

The embattled Williams team have revealed the new colour scheme that will adorn their pair of FW43s this year, following the loss of title sponsor ROKiT during the enforced break from racing.

Despite having shown promise of improved pace during pre-season testing, the loss of a primary title sponsor has been a huge blow for the once great Williams team, coming off the back of the squad exploring options to increase funding or potentially even sell the famous brand outright, things are far from rosy in Grove as we prepare to kick start the Grand Prix season in Austria.

With George Russell returning for a second season alongside F1 rookie Nicolas Latifi, better things are hoped for the Mercedes powered team in 2020, and to be fair, the new car certainly looks the business in the freshly repainted white design:

Williams FW43 2.jpg

The new design for this year's FW43 released to the world on social media this morning - exactly a week before Free Practice One at the Red Bull Ring finally signifies the start of the much delayed new Grand Prix season.

Original Source: Williams

If you love Grand Prix racing, and want to chat about it with your fellow enthusiasts - head over to the Formula One sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get a new thread up and in the wild!

WIlliams FW43 1.jpg

RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief, occasional YouTuber, commentator and broadcaster, with a passion for motorsport on both the real and virtual racetrack.

Filip Carlén

250RPM
Premium
Jan 6, 2014
Best one they've had for years, I think it might be the best looking one since the start of the Turbo V6-era

Paul Glover

RaceDepartment Social Media Manager & Podcast Host
Staff member
Premium
Jul 16, 2011
Looks amazing, now hope they have a better results in the races.

Reactions: Jim Layee

MarkR

500RPM
Premium
Feb 8, 2017
Looks good but when you have to look up the name of the title sponsor to find out what they are/do that has to be a bad sign right?

Terry Rock

2000RPM
Oct 24, 2009
I too, like the look of that car.
Enough 'humbling'...
Hopefully Williams can get back to business before we lose them as a team.

Reactions: Jim Layee

RobertGracie

250RPM
Jun 4, 2017
It looks really good for what it is, great respect to them for redoing the skin during this COVID-19 delay to the F1 season!

michelforest

500RPM
Mar 2, 2010
Looks good. It's a bit like the Alpha Tauri (still can't get used to that name), but even whiter.

The Sofina and Lavazza sponsorships show that Michael Latifi has invested a truckload of money in the team. (I'm pretty sure his son will do better than Stroll.)

Reactions: JohannesK

Goffik

10000RPM
Staff member
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
Am I looking at the same pics as everyone else? If plain white with a couple of blue lines qualifies as "amazing" and "stunning" these days, then people must have very stunted imaginations. Looks boring as hell to me, but that's no surprise in F1.

Follow RaceDepartment