F1: Williams Reveal Dramatic New Livery for the 2019 Season

All I can see is this...
Rexona-Women-Cotton-Dry-Bod.jpg

I like it personally because it is different and daring in compare to the rest of the pack. Also I was completely fed up with, let's face it, quite boring Martini theme.

Also it should be easy to spot and differentiate the from other cars.

Cheers

I can see I am in the minority here, but I think it's ok - not an all time classic, but I've seen much worse. Like any self-respecting race fan, as a general rule I love me a good Martini livery, but something about it just never quite looked right to me on this latest gen of F1 cars.

Of course, I can't imagine Williams being even remotely competitive this year so, love it or hate it, you're probably not going to see much of this car (unless it's getting lapped).

hahahahaha! the title states 'Dramatic new livery'
You're taking the p1ss right?
That is such a poor attempt at a livery design, it should be criminal. It's almost as bad as back in the day when they changed from Rothmans to Winfield.
As I said on another post, I reckon most of us on RD could skin them a better livery on MS paint.

I like it. It is original and the colors are nice. The Merc livery has used gradients for the last years, there is nothing wrong with them.

I agree, nothing wrong with gradients at all...but I feel this one transitions very quickly to the solid blue and then BAM! Black/carbon with no transition. Not a very good use of gradients for a multi million £ speed machine.

Doesn't quite qualify as dramatic to me, more of a bland and forgettable livery. Not bad looking by any means, just pretty run of the mill stuff. You'd think professional designers would come up with better than that, you see better looking user-made fantasy liveries online every week

In an article I saw Claire said this: "We spent quite a lot of time on this livery. It was all done in-house, we have a very good creative team."
It just seems like a joke to me

Livery appropriate for their main sponson. I've never heard of them.
But I'm not in UK, maybe it's just me tho...
What bother's me the most is too much black.
Plus such an ugly and harsh transition from black to this ...Twitter(?) blue. :-Q
Maybe that sudden transition works on their previous livery when they had that white/black combo but now... it just look like a Steam Early access game, kinda.
And if I have to pick the ugliest part that would be under the driver area/barge boards area. Just ugh...
DY4iI2dV4AAsExu.jpg

Seem like they didn't realise that they not only have ugly barge boards, they also have "slowest" barge boards. And they didn't learn from the past it seems. Their BB lately look like something I've come up with in my garage. Here, if you don't believe me, compare them with all the rest from last season:
anebrj62zlh11.jpg

Last edited:
Williams apparently spent so much time designing the livery that they couldn't make up their minds as to which font to use!
6JEEhDc.png

Not a fan of the livery at all. The colour transitions are dreadful, the design is generally bland and the colours don't work anyway regardless of the transitions - the black logos look ugly on the blue. Not to mention that the ROKiT logos seem like an afterthought....

A black car with blue accents, like the new teamwear, would have looked so much better

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 322 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 222 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.5%