• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

F1 | Williams In Trouble As Title Sponsor Pull Out And Team Potentially Up For Sale

Copef1

100RPM
Nov 17, 2009
Its sad, sure, but we have seen it before with Lotus, Brabham, and Tyrrell. F1 will soldier on.

Matt Y

100RPM
Aug 15, 2011
Williams should get in touch with the Saudis and get Saudia to sponsor them again, though that might seem distasteful because, well, it's Saudi Arabia.

Byebye to one of the last private teams ins F1. :redface:
Such a shame, I looked up to this team in awe in the 90s.
Seems like you cannot be successful in this series anymore without a billionaire/manufacturer in the background.
We did get a new private team in the form of Haas.

• Céline Dion
  • Ryan Reynolds
  • Drake
  • Justin Bieber
  • William Shatner
You forgot Jacques Villeneuve and Chad Kroeger.

Terry Rock

2000RPM
Oct 24, 2009
Another Covid-19 victim?
Seriously though....
The fall and humbling of Williams...and McLaren from their winning years was quite dramatic.
I really wanted them to bounce back to top form after realizing the error of their ways.
(not retaining Damon after a WDC, low-balling offers, etc..)
McLaren seems to be headed that way.
Williams simply seem to have lost their rudder.

Reactions: Fat-Alfie

AusWillis

25RPM
Premium
Dec 15, 2017
I am of the hope that some manufacture who is looking ahead at what F1 may evolve into will see a easy entry into advertising/marketing/business sponsorship and pick it up or become a partnership that keeps the "Williams" name and history but now becomes part of making up a new history because they had the foresight to get in and become part of it.

F_B

1000RPM
Premium
Nov 27, 2013
Williams should get in touch with the Saudis and get Saudia to sponsor them again, though that might seem distasteful because, well, it's Saudi Arabia.

We did get a new private team in the form of Haas.
Haas is more or less a Ferrari puppet imo.

F1Aussie

500RPM
Premium
Oct 16, 2010
And Haas aren't exactly in F1 for the long haul either. It is just a marketing exercise for Gene Haas so he can pull out on a whim whenever he wants.

Follow RaceDepartment