Alright when was that again.....?

So pardon me TOASTY when RD were doing so many F1 spoilers it ruined races even if you lived in the same time zone ( a few years back there ) myself and many others people complained about it and
they stopped so thanks for nothing :thumbsup:

Of course it's easier for many to have to avoid it and change their behavior compared to one person leaving out a few words before hitting send
That was part of our defense

Just don't go on social media, if you don't want spoilers lol
Some people...

How patronizing of course everyone knew what sites to stay off :rolleyes: I also know the ones to trust

....like I said you think its better 100's avoid social media vs one person omitting a few words for a day ....just great great :thumbsup:

Some people

Last edited:
Excellent interview Paul :thumbsup: always nice to hear from one of the real pros on their take on reality vs. sim and his stories about some of the other legends using sims were great. Seems like a genuinely nice guy...hope you can get some more interviews like this from other IRL drivers, especially in today's climate with the world spotlight still somewhat on this hobby of ours.

Hi could you expand on that a little, I won't have time to watch this till tomorrow and i am intrigued. cheers.

To not steal any thunder from the video (so check it out tomorrow for more detail), but he basically said it's getting a lot closer overall but of course it's missing the G-forces/feeling in the seat which he is more accustomed to vs. cues in the steering wheel. This is from him using high end hardware (DD wheel, high end load cell pedals, no motion or transducers) and driving mostly in RF2.

Is this the perfect version of RaceDepartment? (cue Rosberg explosion) :D
1602383907779.png

(in case it's not obvious: It's a joke...I avoid anything remotely connected to racing to avoid spoilers...adapt to the world, don't expect it to adapt to you.)

Last edited:
Is it THAT important to know why Hulkenburg was great finishing last? I mean, I understand that the whole world cannot stop while people catch up on replays, but we live in an ON DEMAND world. People that live in different parts of the world do not get the luxury to watch most things live, people work 24/7 these days, and everything is touted as being on demand.

How hard is it for the GT Challenge Youtube channel to NOT put the winner in the thumbnail? If you cannot understand someone's frustration with what happened here, when for the longest time RD has done a great job of not spoiling F1 races, then I'm sorry but you're inconsiderate and I can only hope that something that is important to you is taken away so you gain some perspective.

How hard is it to be a f*cking person?

Wow, come on guys. You don't walk into a butcher shop and complain when you smell meat.

I for one can't watch everything when they happen as well, but the world doesn't revolve around me or any 1 person...inconvenience for you is convenience for others and vice versa (some might want to know quickly who won so they can get on with their day and watch how they won later, for example). Adapt and keep it moving.

People run the site and do the best they can...how hard is it to be a person and accept responsibility for your actions? RD is another "On Demand" place; if you demand to see what's on RD before you get caught up on the things that are expected to be discussed on a RACING website, then that sounds like a you problem. If I miss an F1or eSports race, RD is THE LAST PLACE I'D VISIT if I want to watch it unfold in real time...that's not RD staff being irresponsible or inconsiderate, that's common sense.

Let it not be said that I didn't offer a solution though: here's one way to adapt if thumbnails are spoiling too much for you on those busy days: https://thegeekpage.com/stop-images-showing-web-pages/ ...works for RD, Youtube...everywhere. quick and easy to enable/disable.

Is it THAT important to know why Hulkenburg was great finishing last? I mean, I understand that the whole world cannot stop while people catch up on replays, but we live in an ON DEMAND world. People that live in different parts of the world do not get the luxury to watch most things live, people work 24/7 these days, and everything is touted as being on demand.

How hard is it for the GT Challenge Youtube channel to NOT put the winner in the thumbnail? If you cannot understand someone's frustration with what happened here, when for the longest time RD has done a great job of not spoiling F1 races, then I'm sorry but you're inconsiderate and I can only hope that something that is important to you is taken away so you gain some perspective.

How hard is it to be a f*cking person?

I really don't get these complaints about spoilers at all. I live in the same time zone where mosts GP is take place, and I don't always get the chance to watch them live. Rather than selfishly demanding that everybody else STFU about F1 until I've had a chance to watch it myself, I simply accept there's a high chance I'll know the result before I watch the race. Which is honestly no big deal because more often than not the journey is far more important than the destination.

As far as perspective is concerned here's mine. If the only thing in life that you have to worry about is not knowing the result of a race before you watch it, then you are doing pretty bloody well.

Oh and just to show you that I am indeed a "f*cking person", and that I'm considerate of others then you can use this link to access RD - https://www.racedepartment.com/forums/ - this will bypass the front page and put you straight into the forums section - no spoilers.

I can speak for myself on this... I hate spoilers and many of my friends already know how to open their mouth on the phone by asking first... Have you watched Quali? Or the race?

I don't go on my phone or any news site if I haven't seen a session . To complain about spoilers... Is being like a spoilt kid.

Had hopes for Hulkenberg in Quali , but overall you can't expect too much given the circumstances.
Hope he does well in the race.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, but this guy is a super overrated driver, never managed to get a single podium when even Lance Stroll had one with a williams. Really, I don't get why people always try to say good thing about this guys when he clearly does not deserve it. With so many good options from F2, why not to give'em chances? Seriously, why a P20 with a pink mercedes can "impress" someone? I don't want to sound bad, but this is just my opinion...
He is so overheated that he wiped the floor with baby Stroll in his last outing this year. You can't determine the quality of a driver with the number of podiums, victories or whatever. There are many examples of people who should have had, but haven't. Not because they are bad drivers but they propably had no luck most of the time. I remember Hulkenberg driving circles around everyone else in A1GP and his last race demonstrates it even more: this guy belongs on the grid.

Don't get me wrong, but this guy is a super overrated driver, never managed to get a single podium when even Lance Stroll had one with a williams. Really, I don't get why people always try to say good thing about this guys when he clearly does not deserve it. With so many good options from F2, why not to give'em chances? Seriously, why a P20 with a pink mercedes can "impress" someone? I don't want to sound bad, but this is just my opinion...
well, he impressed cause he made only 4 LAPS ON THIS CIRCUIT, and managed to nearly get a Q2 entry. That's impressive. I think Hulk is a bit overrated, but he surely deserves an F1 seat. The problem is that we have too much good drivers that deserve an F1 seat.

Hulk said in an interview that he is glad that this is the only year he is not racing in F1. So he is glad that he now and then can race as a reserve driver. What does that mean? Already a contract for next year?

Last edited:
Does the Merc of Lewis have some steering wheel issues? He mentioned it on the board radio and the team confirmed they were not allowed to 'repair' it overnight.
Yesterday the experts already noticed extra vibration in combination with the DAS system.

==

Have a good and hopefully for us spectators a great race!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 387 39.8%