F1 | Watch As Verstappen Completes First Lap On "New" Zandvoort

Did he even get any further than 4th gear?

Sorry but having seen that it's simply reconfirmed my opinion that Zandvoort is in no way suited to modern F1, regardless of any improvements that may have been made to the track.
It's not the track.. it's the modern F1 that is not suited to be fun on whatever chosen track. It's like to watch two centennial lesbian ladies fornicating and blame the bed for the lack of excitement.

It's not the track.. it's the modern F1 that is not suited to be fun on whatever chosen track. It's like to watch two centennial lesbian ladies fornicating and blame the bed for the lack of excitement.

OK ok, I get your point, but I really, really did not need that imagery in my head, especially as I was about to eat.

Do me a favour, and try to be a little bit more thoughtful, and careful with your analogies, at least with respect to the vomit inducing type.

It is not meant for Nascar ;) F1 Pirellis probably cannot take the extra load of a speedway banking on top of the standard downforce that is already pretty massive.
I have researched a bit about this - and it sounds like you are 99% wrong and Im maybe tiny 1% wrong when I say that the banking taken from the video looks a bit me meh.:D
Zandvoort has revealed the Formula 1 banking at its final corner will be akin to an American oval, and is set to be twice as steep as turns at Indianapolis.

One of the well-publicised changes will be to bank the final corner, and Zandvoort has confirmed this will be angled at 32% - the equivalent of 18 degrees.

This compares to Indianapolis, which hosted the United States Grand Prix from 2000-07, which has its banking at approximately nine degrees.

Zandvoort CEO Robert van Overdijk told Dutch radio station BNR Niewsradio: "That corner will for sure be the most spectacular part of our renewed circuit.

"The corner will be banked 32%. So the difference in height from the bottom of the corner to the top will be around four and a half metres. That's considerable.

"We are in fact making an American corner on an otherwise European circuit. That is absolutely unique."

There are special tyres for Zandvoort, I believe I read and heard somewhere. Since they decided they can do that, might be worth the effort to try again another roval circuit. That may well fit modern F1 and let us see and hear the rev limiter for more than 5 seconds.

OK ok, I get your point, but I really, really did not need that imagery in my head, especially as I was about to eat.

Do me a favour, and try to be a little bit more thoughtful, and careful with your analogies, at least with respect to the vomit inducing type.
Imagine my feelings being trashed by the vision of a modern F1 running on every classic circuit used by the category. The old ladies fells like paradise... it's better endure 72 of them than watch modern F1.

I'm not against Max but this track would never have been considered in this modern era as a viable race for overtaking if not for him. It will be like Monaco more about the atmosphere and hype than about good racing. On the other hand it is like Suzuka as a fun track to drive but virtually nowhere to pass. If DTM is a parade here F1 is not going to be any better. Sorry Max and Zandvoort fans but we've all driven the track and even in sim it is a b.... to pass on

scheivlak-zandvoort1.jpg
scheivlak-zandvoort1.jpg

With the changes it does seem a little improved but it’s hardly a classic. It looks incredibly boring and the overtaking options look very limited. Agree that it’s only on the circuit because of Max.

Did he even get any further than 4th gear?

You can see 7 on dashboard along main straight
F1 2012 had 7 gears ;)
Plus he is hardly driving it

P.S. I assumed there would be one DRS for main straight so if you got good run on someone off bank it
should be possible to at least get beside and out-brake into T1

Last edited:
Zandvoort is a pleasure if you have a clear road ahead and need to push, i'm not sure we will see a whole lot of overtakes however.

Maybe the banking will help, and i'm sure Max will be motivated to put a good show.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.2%