RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

If I do get to drive I might drive an 'Egg, in which case I will probably also use my old Sical skin ... and most likely the "Dark" variant :wink:

Original Skin
ccgt_sical3_gaX.jpg

Dark Variation
View attachment 23817

Download

Come on Eric ... do the do and link to my skin mate :p

Wow ... chuffed with that, but very lonely.

Was late home, did a couple of laps praccy ... ran off to feed kids and self ... ran down to do a superpole lap and nick pole ... ran up to say gnight to kids ... back down to make a coupla tweaks to setup and add fuel ... then we were off.

Race ... got a flyer of a start- no one was anywhere near me, that was until I entered T1 of course when I got wellied off track by what I think was a ricocheting Chris Sykes, who in turn told of being arse ended by someone else. :rolleyes:
Turn 1 chaps ... turn 1 again ... nearly ended it for me but luckily only minor damage sustained, although it dropped me back to second and took a chunk out of my engine life and the side of my car, which kinda explained why for the rest of the race I could make ground on the straights on Michael who was behind me ;)

Chased down whoever got thru to P1 (sorry, can't remember who it was) ... got by him, he had a bite back but I was patient and went by again shortly afterwards ... then I watched Hermy nab 2nd spot from behind me and set about what he could do to catch me.
Now with a 2+ second buffer I just pushed a little to make the gap comfortable enough (but not enough to strip the tyres) then ran my race from the front, and luckily could control the gap back to Hermy in P2.
Knowing he was in a big ol' yankeee car I also knew his tyres should not last as well as mine ... so after half race distance I imagine his tyres were causing him no end of grief, whereas in the less brutal Egg I was better able to keep it steady and extend the gap up to around 8 or 9 seconds.
Started losing concentration about 17 laps cos there was a behemoth of a mosquito buzzing around me, so after a few failed swats I decided to try to get my concentration back a lap or two later by trying to make it to the line with a 10+ second gap ... which I was chuffed to manage.

Thanks to Eric (EDIT: and NP on the skin, as long as whoever does the video [hint hint] has it loaded before they do it ;-)) & RD for setting it up and (nearly) all who made it tonight (not the ones who don't get that they need to be a tad more careful at T1) ... thanks to Michael for keeping me honest, and glad some of the very fast boys were not there tonight so I could take this win (and boost my rank hopefully - LOL) :)

Nice race tonight for me, had a close battle with Warren for almost the whole race, and we both managed to catch and pass 4th place Reggie- who seemed to be struggling for grip- in the final couple of laps. Cheers Warren- i wish i was quick enough to compete with you on GTL! If i hadn't went off track a couple of times (assisted once!) i might've been in with a chance of a podium.
Again, it's a real pity about turn one, i started last (ruined my qualie lap) and kept it nice and easy off the line, and had a good view of what happened. Looks like a combination of late-breaking from one car, and a change of line from another, is what caused the problems. I sneaked through into 4th after that, but the last thing i want is race-ending shunts at turn one. Overall, a good track/car combo, but there didn't seem to be any problems caused by the heat?! My FL tyre was at 58% at the end, and engine temps were fine. Thanks Eric.

Well it seems with just 10 runners & riders we still couldn't manage to get round T1 without a incident. At this stage I want to apologise to Stefan for putting him off track and causing his early exit. This was not intentional Stefan as I myself was squeezed out a bit and also trying to get round the stationary cars on track but after looking at the reply it seems I came across to much. Again, sorry for this & I was willing to restart but that never happened.

Anyways to the race, although I got a good start I kept myself to the outside on T1 only to be squeezed by Warren & then having navigated the mess came into contact with Stefan along the straight upto T3. After going off track 2/3rds of the way round I found myself last but after Chris has an off some laps later I got in front of him and stayed there until the last lap when I slowed on the home straight. I had fun tonight but it has been a long time since driving these cars and it showed, also it was a shame only 10 people turned up.

Thanks Eric, nice weather and the tyres still held up, RD of course & all that showed up. Grts to Lee on the win and grts to all podium finishers.

P.s. hope we can do it again as I love these cars.

wow nice race it was only exception the start :( had only a 1 or 1 1/2 h praccy with this hot temps in my ol'Yankeeee lady but noticed 20 laps will do
without stop as i was already praccying with fuel load for the complete race,so i was feeling save.

*qualy
got out verry early to take advantage of the lower temps at the begin and could easy score pole with a 1.56.0 but got beaten by Lee in last sec as he
scored a 1.55.9

*Race
had a good start but was knowing i cant compete with the power of the egg, the C5R v8 is way to outdated for this so i slotted in behind Lee and decided
to take it easy and follow in his slipstream but then came turne 1 ...... Lee and I braked early as we had already a little gab, hitting the apex i just saw a
Gulf Aston flying past my nose and strait into Lee while i self got a little love tab on the back. realy some guys need to learn t1 wont win a race.
dropped back to 3rd but still could stay with Lee and we both chased down the Audi infront of us first Lee got past and a few corners later he runned
wide so i could grab 2nd of him. from then it was only a fight against the splittimes to Lee came up on him to 2.2 secs but i noticed if i try to push more
i wont make it over the time so i concentrated on the gap to 3rd wich was rising as the gap to Lee stayed near constand
but then i made a few errors and Lee could go away up to 11 secs while i had at lap 15 a gap of 17 secs to 3rd. from then my tyers started to give up
they was already down to 30% atleast the rear tyers the front was still at 50% wich gave me a realy wired balance o.O the gab to 3rd was droppying
slowely so i keeped it easy and tryed to save the little rest of my rear tyers but from lap 18 it was just a pain in the a.. to keep my ol'lady on the track
as she would not follow my steering inputs anymore. but still could finished 2nd 11 secs behind Lee and 13 secs infront of Wayne

thanks for all who showed up gratz to Lee for a verry lonely win :) also a big thanks to Eric and RD for setting up, making the weather file by hand and for
Hosting

little rant besides if you couse a big havoc at least say sorry and not just keep on racing if you do not at the accident it self at least do it after the race
and not drop of the server with saying nothing

Ok, first up I have to apologise, I was the main culprit for the turn 1 incident, one of my rare mistakes in the opening lap, very sorry guys. Indeed it was as Ross reported. I was holding my line down the straight and planned to brake earlier than normal, but Reggie had blasted by off the line, and he and Wayne had a weaving battle into turn 1, and at the last minute, squeezed together and closed the gap right in front of me, resulting in me tapping Wayne. Really sorry Wayne, and sorry it also ended up affecting you too Lee.

Back to the Race : I decided to give the Gumpert a run since Simbin was kind enough to provide an in-game one for me, and I hadn't driven it in a race before. I also set it up for maximum cooling since we were in for a very hot race.
Qualified P4. After the turn 1 incident, I waited for Wayne but had to dodge more cars around the track after the turn, leaving me virtually last. I managed to sneak up to P6 due to some off's in front, and then joined a race long battle with Ross. :) . Later, after passing Ross through turn 1, I felt guilty about touching him mid corner, so I went wide next turn to let him pass again, but we then came across the aftermath of an accident in front. After dodging past a recovering Reggie, he wanted to contest the next turn and dived inside, bumping me into Ross and spinning him. Sorry Ross, but I was assisted in that one. :frown: After waiting for Ross, we resumed our nose to tail racing, good fun too :D , until we both caught and passed Reggie, whose tyres looked dead by now. Then Reggie tagged me and spun me, letting Ross "escape" :tongue:. Finally cruised home for P5.

Thanks all, an interesting race with a few exciting moments. Great to see some challenging weather thrown in, thanks Eric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 195 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 380 28.3%