RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

If I do get to drive I might drive an 'Egg, in which case I will probably also use my old Sical skin ... and most likely the "Dark" variant :wink:

Original Skin
ccgt_sical3_gaX.jpg

Dark Variation
CCGT dark..jpg

Download

I couldn't do another hour of that, car virtually undriveable- I changed the setup a lot after quali, but didnt realise I'd turned symmetrical settings off so had one very low rideheight on the rear- so big slides on all right hand corners which was fun but not quick at all -oops :smile:

I couldn't do another hour of that, car virtually undriveable- I changed the setup a lot after quali, but didnt realise I'd turned symmetrical settings off so had one very low rideheight on the rear- so big slides on all right hand corners which was fun but not quick at all -oops :smile:

Yeah, was quite interesting driving behind you :). Also, you had some lag issues; one minute you were far away up front, the next minute you showed up in front of me, we collided and I went into the wall :D.
Also had some setup fails, really bad in the race...

50 minutes to go, I see a message on the top of my screen, look up to see what it is, go wide in a fast corner and into the wall -> damage not repairable.

Hope you rest have a good one.

I dont know if it is possible but I think it would be better to start dry and get wet. It is hard enough for this field to get clean starts in the dry. In the wet my guess is probably no more than 2 people would get through the first 5 corners without damage. The other way around the field would be spread when the rain started.

I dont know if it is possible but I think it would be better to start dry and get wet. It is hard enough for this field to get clean starts in the dry. In the wet my guess is probably no more than 2 people would get through the first 5 corners without damage. The other way around the field would be spread when the rain started.

good point :wink:

although 30% wet should still be ok for slicks, not tried it yet though.

or do a manual rolling start using the enduro layout?

wow what awsome event :) Thanks Bram planing, Christopher for setting up and RD for hosting ;)

*qualy*
had a awsome battle with Dariusz for pole wich he won gratz mate awsome speed there scored 2nd on the grid wich was more
as expected with this top quality grid

*Race*
had a good start was a bit faster of the line as Dariusz but not that fast as i would be enough for a move so i slotted in behind him
and followed him after a few laps we made up a gap to the field,coming out of the hairpin after the long strait i clipped the green
with my right reartyer wich send me of in teh gravel cuz the gab to the field was not big enough i dropped back to 6th. after a few
more laps i could get back up to 5th but a lap later i direcktly lost it again in this nasty downhill chicane and collected front and rear
suspension dmg on the left side. from then i had a realy hard time to chase down the leaders at lap 19 or so i was finaly back on
3rd and closing in fast on 2nd as i noticed in lap 23 that Dariusz was pitting, that made me wonder if i would be on the wrong strategy
but decided to stay out till my planed pit at the end of lap 26. got into pit as 1st and came out 2nd 23 secs behind Dariusz and 10 secs
air to the 3rd from then i was pushing like mad as i through 26 more laps will mabe bring me close to Dariusz or even past him
but from lap 35 i noticed Dariusz was slowing down at this point it came to my mind i maybe miscalculated the race lenght and that
i maybe run with way to much fuel wich turned out to be true, the race was only 45 laps long while i calculated 52 laps so i was all the
time way to heavy to realy have a change against Dariusz
Gratz Dariusz for the win and well done to all finishers shame so much ppl just dropped out

Those 80 min are real test, but great fun, i wish more people would had finished but it isn't easy, again i say two 40 min races would had been better, or even three :biggrin:

80min race on that track was probebly a bit to much, i like the long races even though my bum goes to sleep after 60mins due to the crappy chair i use.

Andy & David started mixing up the races with events like the "Mini Shots" run over 3 races.

i`m sure if we got together and picked 3 tracks Bram wouldn`t mind setting it up :biggrin:

Well what a fantastic race, the track and car were made for each other.
Thanks Bram for nominating, brilliant choice and as you said good fun and great racing. :thumbup:

Now to the race, Q in 11th but as some dropped out during warm up I think I moved up a place. Great start and managed to get by Nise and upto T1. I new this could be a danger spot so I was aware of early braking but not to eary as to let those behind get by. I did brake but I think those in front broke slightly earlier and I found myself having to go for a gap between Nigel and someone else. There was some contact up ahead but I managed to squeeze through although also being forced to let Nigel through as he was just ahead at that time. As we all settled down I started to loose some time to those up ahead but was managing to keep Nise behind just. After a few laps I saw Nigel go off at the cork screw and had similar problems myself there a few times in the eary laps and on 1 occasion Nise managed to get by. For a few laps me and Nise swapped places a few times as one of us would make a slight mistake but in the end I managed to get by him, although this was me on his part for slowing down on the home straight, and from then on started to pull a gap on him. As the gap to the front guys remained constant and the gap behind grew a little each lap I found myself in no mans land up until my pitstop which was on lap 25.

Now here's the thing, this is the first time I have raced on this track and I have only used the pit entrance once during quali, but as I entered the pits I was aware of the downhill bit just before the bend and new I had to scrub off speed before this bit. Well coming in on worn out tyres I managed to lock the fronts just before the bend and thats right, hit the wall and took damage to my suspension and front areo. As I was about 3rd or 4th at this stage I thought I would fix this as well due the nature of the track. After a, what seemed for ever, pitstop I managed to get out just ahead of a group which contained Nigel, Nise and Remco. After a lap or two I now had Nigel on my tail and we had a nice little battle there for a few laps with the gap opening and closing. After a while I managed to pull a gap on Nige and hold on to it until the end of the race finishing 5th, I think.

As I said at the begining, this track was made for Mini racing and although easy to learn very hard to master as some of the corners are quite tricky.

Thanks to Bram, RD and all those that showed up tonight. :thumbup: Grts to all podium finishers and Grts to the winner. I also have to congratulate all those that finished the race, I belive only 8 of us did, great work guys and top driving by all. :cool:

Wow, only 8 finishers, tough one...

BTW, I have a small request. Was quite happy with my times in time attacks before the event, managed to go below 1:48. And then I saw the top guys do 1:44s, I can't get my head around that :D.
For the next event, could one of you, you know who you are :D, make a vid with your practice lap(s) or something? I don't know what I'm doing so wrong. Tried the in-game monitor thing, but that's crap. If it's correct, I noticed you brake way later than me, but I have no idea how.

Really enjoyed the track and the race!! :)

Had a pretty good quali, 6th spot, for a "unknown" track. Tonight was the first time I drove it and came to the conclusion that had to do that way earlier, very cool track ;)

Had a awesome start, gained 2 positions for T1, not that I think I was able to hold on 4th after T1, but I will never know as Hugo decided to make my car even shorter then it already is ;) slammed into the wall and last position :( Watched the replay a few times, he was a little late on the brakes but I put my car in front of him a fraction before braking point...ah well its racing
Had aero and suspention problems big time. I was more then 1 sec of my pace I could drive, decided to go on and not doing a pit, would cost me more time in the end.
Was able to gain a few spots and had a little fight for 8th a few laps before my pitstop.
Fresh suspension and tires ready for the 2nd stint.
Came in a nice group with 4 cars orso, we all had the same pace sort of and was really enjoying the race, till a few laps further my backend was suddenly gone at the corkscrew, couldnt correct it and in the wall again which caused suspension troubles for the 2nd time. After that I was driving alone till the checkered flag and finished 7th.

Hope to see a larger grid next time and a larger result page ;)

Thanks for setting up these very enjoyable Mini events :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back