Alright when was that again.....?

Vettel might bounce back at Mercedes. He is as fast as anybody and they could provide him with the kind of work environment that he needs to produce stable performances. He is younger than Hamilton who could decide to stop at any time now.

Side note: it was not enough to derail any F1 thread into a GOAT discussion, now it seems that black vs white nonsense is the new trend :rolleyes: Moderators will need a pay raise :D

Ferrari are some cold son's of biscuits. They dump drivers when they no longer find them useful, and yet they barely when a race never mind a championship, or at least without cheating that is....

Welcome to F1. Ferrari is not alone. Williams dumped Mansell after his 1992 WC and did the same with Damon Hill after he won in 1996.

And Senna openly lobbied for a drive with Williams in 1993 while still racing For McLaren.

I could go on and on... The lesson here is: in F1, if you want a friend, get a dog.

Classic Ferrari:
- Nuvolari got fed up with them
- Fangio left them because of all the underhanded tactics
- Lauda left after he got fed up with internal politics
- Villeneuve died trying to put Pironi on his place after ferrari sided with Pironi when he betrayed Villeneuve in Imola
- Prost was fired for being critic with the car bad handling and uncompetitiveness
- Schumacher was forced in to retirement, anouncing the retirement before he even finished the race to avoid him ruining their political move
- Raikkonen was forced out of the team to hire Alonso
- Alonso left the team fed up with the lies, incompetence and politics.

Now it's Vettel's turn to be consumed by Ferrari's internal politics, some years from now will be the turn for LeClerc, it's the nature of Ferrari. All is part of the Ferrari masterplan.

It is simple IMPOV, they figure out that Seb would never accept to be a second driver to Charles, then, no deal. For that my respect for Vettel. No driver should accept something like that because it ruins his career forever.

Welcome to F1. Ferrari is not alone. Williams dumped Mansell after his 1992 WC and did the same with Damon Hill after he won in 1996.

And Senna openly lobbied for a drive with Williams in 1993 while still racing For McLaren.

I could go on and on... The lesson here is: in F1, if you want a friend, get a dog.
Sure, but the difference is that Williams was a championship caliber team them. At least there was a method to their choices because they kept winning. Ferrari is a loser. All Ferrari has is a revolving door. I mean with those turn styles they could charge admission. I hope that McLaren, and Williams passes them by in performance.

Vettel might bounce back at Mercedes. He is as fast as anybody and they could provide him with the kind of work environment that he needs to produce stable performances. He is younger than Hamilton who could decide to stop at any time now.

Side note: it was not enough to derail any F1 thread into a GOAT discussion, now it seems that black vs white nonsense is the new trend :rolleyes: Moderators will need a pay raise :D
Get a clue my man. Who the hell do you think has made Vettel look the fool over the years. Hamilton doesn't have to be fastest, because he's the most talented, determined, and focused driver on the grid.

He has had a good run. Race wins multiple tittles so it is a good time to leave the sport. He can go into business for himself or work in F1 as a manager or test driver. He has many options to choose from and it is his choice. Personally i think he should retire after 2020. But its his call.

Both Schumacher and Senna won the championship with a weaker car. Hamilton has ALWAYS been in the best car, yet has lost titles to Raikonnen and Rosberg. It's a shame that when Hamilton wins this farcical year, he will match Schumacher.
Hamilton is a good driver, but he has been beyond lucky. He is nowhere near as good as Prost, Senna, Clark, G.Villeneuve, Stewart.
First off, Hamilton is not the only driver to get into those cars, and he's still done more than anyone who has. He was put into those cars because both teams felt that he was the only driver that could win for them. Other drivers had to prove themselves before going to better teams. Lewis was desired before he came into the sport by a top team because they knew that he was their future driver, and he's proven himself. Second, Rosberg was given that championship as a parting gift because he was there before Lewis when the team was building itself. They didn't want him leaving empty handed. Thirdly, never compare Schumacher with any other driver, especially Hamilton because Schumacher was a pathetic cheater his whole career.

Get a clue my man. Who the hell do you think has made Vettel look the fool over the years. Hamilton doesn't have to be fastest, because he's the most talented, determined, and focused driver on the grid.

maybe he have the best car for 6 years now :whistling: talented yess for sure
you should definitely do it by yourself, he is always focused.

it is only missing for so far
lacked serious competition. his titles were very easy to win with the Merc, also called the rocket ship.
hopefully this year we will see a real fight for the Wdc

maybe he have the best car for 6 years now :whistling: talented yess for sure
you should definitely do it by yourself, he is always focused.

it is only missing for so far
lacked serious competition. his titles were very easy to win with the Merc, also called the rocket ship.
hopefully this year we will see a real fight for the Wdc
Then if those titles were so easy for Lewis to win, why aren't teammates with the same car, on the same team, and using the same equipment doing the same thing with the same frequency. Hell Rosberg had to be helped into winning a title by the team, and he has admitted just a month ago that he was never as good or as talented as Lewis. I thought, well hell Nico, anyone could see that easily.

I think having a four-time WDC come out and say he was informed of being dropped via a call, is telling.
I know F1 can be a harsh business but decorum still needs to be the order of the day.
Ferrari have every right to go in the direction they choose....but only after handling things properly and with a level of respect.
That's my take on all of this.
Side note:
Reading this 'Vettel' thread and wondering what, if any...does it have to do with Lewis Hamilton.

Last edited:
Just because someone does not like Hamilton or recognize his achievments you dont have to turn this into a black and white racial thing, totally way off.
About Vettel, i never really liked him but after his ramming behind the safety car he was done for me, i never understood why he was not punished for that and in the last seasons he has gone more and more downhill.

I apologize to RaceDepartmet, and all it's members for pulling the race card. My Bad.

Both Schumacher and Senna won the championship with a weaker car. Hamilton has ALWAYS been in the best car, yet has lost titles to Raikonnen and Rosberg. It's a shame that when Hamilton wins this farcical year, he will match Schumacher.
Hamilton is a good driver, but he has been beyond lucky. He is nowhere near as good as Prost, Senna, Clark, G.Villeneuve, Stewart.

A few years ago I would have agreed that Hamilton isn't in the same league as those you mentioned but I think he has tuned his skills to perfection and he really should be considered among the very best the sport has ever had. I am not a fan of him at all. I used to be, because I found his performance in his rookie year to be absolutely astounding against a seasoned F1 WDC, but he seems to have become a mouthpiece of hypocrasy so I can't wait to see the back of him in the sport. But he is absolutely in my book, one of the very best ever F1 drivers.

His loss to Rosberg was really down to his car having far more mechanical issues than Rosbergs in that year. He didn't exactly thrash Button when they were at the same team, in fact I think button beat him (from memory), but since then, he has been the standout.

I absolutely agree about Schumacher. He won the championship in an inferior car. I remember watching him come second in some race where he was stuck in 5th gear for half the race. He was also able to beat Senna on track for god's sake. He wasn't just a great driver, he also knew how to build a team around him to success. Sure, he cheated when he could and thats a poor personality trait, but for me does not detract from the fact he was the best out there under normal conditions.

I suppose I should add something relevant to the actual topic ;). Vettel, yeah, he blew it for Ferrari in a year where he really should have taken the championship. Why would a team bother paying untold millions for that sort of performance with an extra helping of "lack of team discipline" added to boot which he has openly illustrated since the day he stepped into an F1 car. I like the guy though.

Last edited:
I apologize to RaceDepartmet, and all it's members for pulling the race card. My Bad.
That was nice of you, but you aren't entirely wrong in that statement. There are people out there who know just how great the man is in this sport, but they would never admit it, and they would never admit why they hate him. Some white people fervently believe that a white driver should always be the best, especially in a sport where no other black man has been involved. I'm not saying this about all white people of course, but as I said there are people who feel this way.

The more that Lewis achieves in this sport, the more bitter "they" become because it isn't a white driver, or the driver that they prefer it to be. I live in the states where a black baseball player named Hank Aaron broke Babe Ruth's longstanding homerun record. Some white people believed that he should not hold such a record because of his color, and yes he received tons of death threats which involved both him and his children alike.

Now let's consider Europe where black soccer players are constantly humiliated for their skin color while doing their jobs, ie bananas thrown on field, monkey sounds and the like. My point to you is while you should not point fingers directly on this forum, we both know that the sh*t exists in the world in which we live. Some people will say that they don't like him for a specific reason, but there are other reasons you can bet. Again, I am not saying this about anyone on these forums, but..... ahem ahem. They know who they are indeed.

Last edited:
Sure, but the difference is that Williams was a championship caliber team them. At least there was a method to their choices because they kept winning. Ferrari is a loser. All Ferrari has is a revolving door. I mean with those turn styles they could charge admission. I hope that McLaren, and Williams passes them by in performance.

If you ask me, Williams is just as bad and fits your description of Ferrari quite nicely. Williams got a big head. His teams success I would suggest were more despite him rather than because of him. Patrick Head and Adrian Newey were the reasons for Williams Success and refusing to give Adrian a share of the spoils is why his team is where it is now. Mansell blew the opposition away in a far superior car, but have a look at what his team mate did in the same car by comparison. The driver has to be given some credit but Williams treated them all like dirt.

That was nice of you, but you aren't entirely wrong in that statement. There are people out there who know just how great the man is in this sport, but they would never admit it, and they would never admit why they hate him. Some white people fervently believe that a white driver should always be the best, especially in a sport where no other black man has been involved. I'm not saying this about all white people of course, but as I said there are people who feel this way.

The more that Lewis achieves in this sport, the more bitter "they" become because it isn't a white driver, or the driver that they prefer it to be. I live in the states where a black baseball player named Hank Aaron broke Babe Ruth's longstanding homerun record. Some white people believed that he should not hold such a record because of his color, and yes he received tons of death threats which involved both him and his children alike.

Now let's consider Europe where black soccer players are constantly humiliated for their skin color while doing their jobs, ie bananas thrown on field, monkey sounds and the like. My pint to you is while you should not point fingers directly on this forum, we both know that the sh*t exists in the world in which we live. Some people will say that they don't like him for a specific reason, but there are other reasons you can bet. Again, I am not saying this about anyone on these forums, but..... ahem ahem. They know who they are indeed.

So if we complain about Schumacher or Vettel, are we doing it because we are racist? Seriously, can you take this **** elsewhere?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 390 40.0%