Alright when was that again.....?

But Ferrari, wow! Of all teams, always makes mistakes, long term and short terms. I guess Danny Ric, at the end of the day still got the better team. At least McLaren is 'trying' not to fail.
Well, they saw they can't succeed in winning, so they try to succeed in failing. And they are dominant on that part. :roflmao:

Imola moved back one week: "Further to this morning's announcement regarding the 2020 GT World Challenge Europe Powered by AWS calendar, the opening round at Imola will now take place one week later than originally stated. The Italian track will kick off the season with a three-hour Endurance Cup event on 25/26 July. Further information regarding the 2020 season will be communicated in due course." From their homepage https://www.gt-world-challenge-euro...nge-europe-powered-by-aws-imola-round-erratum

yep, works quite well without fans, way way way better than the soccer we had in germany over the weekend without spectators, that was ...

watch here:

Its not much different in terms of tv viewing i guess. The atmosphere at the track for the drivers is probably quite wierd but was refreshing to see some motorsport happening.

What revealing lines by Toto Wolff explaining how he stays in contact with his drivers / employees during lockdown:

"“I very much leave it to the drivers,” he said. “When there is nothing urgent, I leave it to them to manage the communication. I haven’t spoken to Valtteri, I think he is in a good place personally, and I am happy about that.

“With Lewis, I’ve been very much in contact, we’ve spoken regularly with Whatsapp very often, keeping each other up to date.”

Two guys in a nutshell, nice!

source: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...-as-team-looks-to.7zIjznL4KicrHC24bANWyD.html

I am of the opinion that it is anti competitive, no one wants to see a teammate have a lesser car, get to told to let his teammate pass for strategic points. Goes against the integrity of the sport. May the best man win.

Whilst I agree with you, nothing will change as long as it's seen by the team principles as a team sport. They're only interested in what's best for the team, not the drivers.

Ricciardo did a bad mouve to Renault. He should be in a championship winning team as team leader. Once they roll out new airo and salary cap there may be a balance in the teams from front of the pack to midfield.
But smaller operations bargain hard for talent. Remember Damon Hill at Williams he got the tittle and singed with ARROWS (A real bad team) Then he got a Jordan that was better than Arrows but needed work on airo. Then retired.

I think Renault are better as a engine builder for privater teams. And should not run a works outfit. Just like the Honda, there factory team failed miserably. And the name of the brand suffered a lot because of it.

Yes, McLaren got a great deal, but I am not sure Mr. Smiley did. I would like to see Daniel in a more capable car--he did not deserve the unfair treatment he received from Red Bull.

While I like Bottas, I think Daniel at age 30 would pair much better with Lewis age 35 before a really young lion ends up at Mercedes.

I hate it when people say your strongest rival is the team mate, because they assume machinery is equal. I don't believe this each team has a garage with personnel split from one car to the other. And key people behind the wall integrating between the 2 cars. I think teams put better people to the side of the driver they want to lead the team. So at AMG-Mercedes the best people are on the Hamillton garage. And a few good people on the Bottas car. Machinerey can deviate from one car to another and support.
This is why team mates often fight and pull each other of the track in per-suite of number 1 status. Just look at Senna and Prost at McLaren.

What i am trying to say a team mate is a rival and a driver will hide data and setup notes to keep them at bay. So efectivley each car is a team so there are 20 teams. It is rare for team mates to be buddy's and get along. Like Martin Brundel and Mark Blundell,

So, what about when Vettel is the number one driver at Ferrari and Leclerc outshines him and becomes number one?

Or when Irvine is number two at Ferrari and blatantly concedes that Schumacher and Hakkinen are better drivers and that on top of that Schumacher got more out of the car alone.

You make some good points but there genuinely are drivers like Senna for example where the team knows that even if they put **** people around with a **** car he will lead them out of **** because there is nothing wrong with him.

Here i am at the Toronto Indy 1993. Mario was in the dumps as team mate Nigel Mansell was taking all the attention.
I am the young person with the blue hat and bag on their back. It dose not get any closer that this.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    514.1 KB · Views: 61
If there are those of you into auto racing history of a narrow time period, I can highly recommend this book…

‘The Cobra-Ferrari Wars: 1963-1965’, 2nd edition, by Michael Shoen (hardcover) (ISBN 0962509302). I just received it yesterday, in a purchase directly from the author. This racing era is my favorite, as I was a high school and college student thru this period.

The book is considered THE best history on this topic. 367 pages of well-written history and amazing photographs, printed on 11"x8 1/2", 80-lb Gloss Book, grade-one, art-quality, gloss-coated sheets. You just don’t see this level of quality printing anymore, as it is very expensive.

If you like/love this era of auto-sport, then this is for you. Time to take all that change out of the huge jar on top of the refrigerator. (hope it is full)

In a move that happened quicker than I can type, Ferrari have signed up McLaren driver Carlos Sainz as replacement for the outgoing Sebastian Vettel.

Triggering a chain reaction in the driver market following in recent days, Carlos Sainz has been confirmed as a Ferrari driver from the start of 2021, the 25-year-old Spaniard moving to Italy following the departure of Sebastian Vettel at the end of the current season.

Stealing Sainz thunder somewhat, McLaren were first out of the box with news that Daniel Ricciardo will be joining Lando Norris in Woking next year, promoting many to speculate that Sainz would indeed by making his way to the red team for next season.

Mere minutes after the McLaren press release, Ferrari have taken to social media to confirm that the Brazilian Grand Prix podium finisher is indeed joining Charles Leclerc next year, forming one of the youngest driver pairings at Ferrari in recent memory.

Want to discuss Formula One with fellow fans of the sport? Head over to the RaceDepartment Formula One sub forum now and start up a thread!

View attachment 372463
Alternate title e like:
Leclerc's new wingman revealed

Do you know the steering wheel diameter in these cars? It seems they went from a very large rim in the F1s from the 50s to very small rims in the cars from the 60s.

Do you know the steering wheel diameter in these cars? It seems they went from a very large rim in the F1s from the 50s to very small rims in the cars from the 60s.
I'll take a guess at; between 14 and 16 inches depending on make/year.

If you're into the old stuff, there's some seriously beautiful steering wheels here, mainly retro/reproductions: https://jacobengineering.co.uk/index.php/steering-wheels-2/

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years