F1 | Vettel To Leave Ferrari At Season End

Vettel is leaving Ferrari. Where will his future be?

• Mercedes

Votes: 49 9.6%
  • Red Bull Racing

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • McLaren

Votes: 82 16.1%
  • Other F1 team

Votes: 48 9.4%
  • Other motorsport series

Votes: 80 15.7%
  • Retirement

Votes: 216 42.5%

• Total voters

G_B

100RPM
Dec 29, 2018
Only person Grosjean would be worthy of replacing is the local bin lorry driver. No idea how he has lasted so long in F1.
GrosJean claim this week ""I'm more interested in something like Formula E or WEC."

A few more months, and he will leave for new horizons (not Forza or any DLC :) )

Trebor901

2000RPM
Aug 10, 2007
GrosJean claim this week ""I'm more interested in something like Formula E or WEC."

A few more months, and he will leave for new horizons (not Forza or any DLC :) )
So that also opens up a seat at Haas then

michelforest

500RPM
Mar 2, 2010
If I was Vettel, I would retire. He won it all and the only big prize left for him was a WC with Ferrari. Unless there's a dramatic change, Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull are still the only teams capable of winning races. What would he do at McLaren or Renault? I can't see him leading these teams to the top. He has a family now, more money than God... I'm sure there are other things in life that can interest him.

michelforest

500RPM
Mar 2, 2010
Hamilton at Ferrari
Sainz at Mercedes
Bottas at Red Bull
Grosjean at Renault
Ricciardo at McLaren
Verstappen at Ferrari
Hulkenberg at Mercedes
Ocon at Red Bull
Maldonado at Renault

you follow ?
just leave Lando at peace

I mean why the hell not... tell me one good reason :D
Silly season 2.0
corona edition.
Corona, the virus or the beer? ;)

• Love
Reactions: gamer19

Kurvz

75RPM
May 2, 2011
Vettel has been under preforming for years, in this day and age your past dominance only counts for so much, Ferrari do not need him now, so they wouldn't want to pay what he thinks he is worth, it was always on the cards when we saw how Charles performed against him and in turn how Daniel did against him at Red Bull.

With the youngsters with their raw talent a belief in themselves the ball game has changed, and you can no longer survive for multiple seasons on your past laurels.

I'm glad he's going, I do not think the dynamic of Daniel and Charles would work at Ferrari they need a number 1 and a number 2 driver, its what works for them, maybe their best option is Giovinazzi keep the Tifosi happy with an Italian, and he would play the number 2 reasonably.

Begin realistic Daniel although would be my choice is just not going to work out just like it didn't flourish with Max at Red Bull, Daniel to replace Bottas would be amazing.

I think Carlos Sainz should mature with McLaren as he will become a great asset.

My guess is Giovinazzi to Ferrari, Vettle to retire or got to Alfa, I hope he retires tbh.

David DeGreef

R3E Racing Club Host US
Staff
Premium
Dec 12, 2016
Not happening
And why would you discount it as a possibility? A number of people have LOL, which is fine, but if you look back there were a number of changes that seemed as far fetched until they actually happened.
Villenueve to BAR, Schumacher OUT at Ferrari come to mind.

Patrick van der Meulen

500RPM
Premium
May 11, 2017
Hopefully Ricciardo will be joining Ferrari. Would be a great way to race a few more years and then retire. As for Vettel? I think he's going to enjoy his life without the hassle of a F1 driver.

Nagito

1RPM
Apr 7, 2019
With Aston Marin joining F1 next year, I think that'll be Seb's realistic opportunity.

Is Sergio Perez under contract with Racing Point? Because I think he could a be a reasonable shout for Ferrari. Yes he had a shot at McLaren in 2013, but that wasn't the strongest car in the field.

Patrick van der Meulen

500RPM
Premium
May 11, 2017
I don't understand the Ricciardo to Ferrari concept. He could not hold is own against a young Verstappen. Would the comparison be easier against Leclerc?

Carlos Sainz seems a more rational choice considering that Ferrari is not very good at managing a 1A/1B driver situation.
It isn't a secret Ricciardo would love to drive for the Scuderia. I even think he is willing to swallow his pride and drive as a wingman for Leclerc with a slight chance of ever becoming a WDC when Leclerc falls short through circumstances. Just my 2 cents.

TamponTea

1RPM
Jun 15, 2019
I cant believe no one seeing whats happening! ALONSO! He just recently came out an said he has his 2021 sorted an hes been going on about F1 as of recent. Can you imagine Leclarc an Alonso! An they thought the RONA was bad.