F1 USGP | Driver of the Day - Vote Now

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Voting is open for the RaceDepartment 'Driver of the Day' from the 2019 US Grand Prix.

Circuit of the Americas certainly know how to throw an F1 themed party, and the 2019 running of the United States Grand Prix was another great example of how Americans can often do things bigger and better than their European counterparts.

With plenty of action off track in Texas, it was left to the current crop of Grand Prix drivers to show the world how Formula One goes racing, and with a much bumpier track than usual at COTA, the action during the race itself was occasionally dramatic and full of a few surprises.

With a new Champion, drivers having fought back from lowly places on the grid and some quality racing, the 2019 USGP was a great event, but who did the best job?

With the chequed flag waved, the drivers tucked up in their respective motor homes and the pit garages about to be dissembled ready for shipping off for the race in Brazil in just seven days time - who do you think deserves the accolade of 'RaceDepartment Driver of the Day'?

Let the voting commence!

F1 USGP Driver of the Day 1.jpg

For news, discussion and opinion on the world of Formula One racing, head on over to the RaceDepartment Formula One sub forum and join the discussion today.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Spread some love and give us a like/follow/share on Social Media!

Podcast fan? Don't forget to catch up with the latest happenings on your Podcast platform of choice! Just search 'RaceDepartment'.

Sim Racing is awesome!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 113561

Perez, pitlane into top 10 until the Torpedo striked again.
I also really wanna see Kimi's lap 1

Perez, pitlane into top 10 until the Torpedo striked again.
I also really wanna see Kimi's lap 1
Luckily for Perez, Kvyat was demoted because of the Torpedo strike, as he got a 5 second time penalty.
Little bit harsh in my opinion, but Perez drove a stellar race until that point.

Perez was great, starting from the freaking pit lane, without a SC/VSC to P10
Lando was good, his strategy was a little weird to me, at one point i thought he is at the verge of dropping out of points.
but i'll stick with Perez.

A few deserving candidates today, but I went with Albon. He did a really nice job with the recovery drive today.

Not easy being paired with Max, who is clearly out of this world quick, but Alex is doing a nice job of keeping his head down and turning in solid performances.

It does beg the question...just how fast is Ricciardo? He seemed to not just hang in there pretty well with Max but regularly bested him - certainly with more success than Gasly or Albon have since had. Too bad Renault looks nowhere near ready to give Ricciardo a competitive ride.

What is that Albon thing for driver of the day? I already was wondering the same thing yesterdays official poll. He did a mistake at the start (not completely his fault, but still) and with that car it's pretty expected to be at least 5th no matter how many stops you do.

Lot's of great drives yesterday.

Bottas for getting the job done. Lewis for nearly making the 1 stop work. Albon's & Perez' recovery drives. But my totally biased vote goes to Lando, mostly based on his first lap :)

I so wanted Lando to do well. Great start... But he's been very unlucky and Sainz always gets the better end result.

The victor for me was Albon just because he drove a flawless race and I know I should give my vote to Lewis Hamilton but ehh....too much whining on the radio for my liking so that made me choose albon, a good driver is one who does not complain on the radio about tyres that are shot at 70% life, tyres are shot at 10% life....

The victor for me was Albon just because he drove a flawless race and I know I should give my vote to Lewis Hamilton but ehh....too much whining on the radio for my liking so that made me choose albon, a good driver is one who does not complain on the radio about tyres that are shot at 70% life, tyres are shot at 10% life....
Never understand people complaining about Lewis complaining....

I guess people don't quite understand how TV works.... They play his radio the most for entertainment value... Just like a movie..... Especially when the racing is not exciting as it should be.

All drivers complain.... Sign of competivenes....some say its a tactic to misguide the opposition.
Champions is done... Let's see whos complaining now:)

I voted for Albon. Ok he has a car which should finish in the top 6 but if you have start from the back the driver still has to do it. He managed it (together with his team) to have a good race with some nice overtakes.

That did not look too hard, the gap between the top 3 teams and the rest is really big. To be honest the only thing that put some interest in an otherwise dull race was the single-stop strategy by the chosen few who are blessed with the gift to manage those tyres without losing too much performance.

Never understand people complaining about Lewis complaining....

I guess people don't quite understand how TV works.... They play his radio the most for entertainment value... Just like a movie..... Especially when the racing is not exciting as it should be.

All drivers complain.... Sign of competivenes....some say its a tactic to misguide the opposition.
Champions is done... Let's see whos complaining now:)

Yeah I know what you mean but it gets annoying at times and sometimes the driver needs the team manager to come on the radio and put it bluntly "Please quit your whining and get on and do your job"

To be honest what I said was being a bit honest if I was in his situation and I knew the condition of the tyres I would be like "Okay lets get on and do this" rather than saying "My tyres are ****ed get me in and get a new set at 70% life"

Yeah I know what you mean but it gets annoying at times and sometimes the driver needs the team manager to come on the radio and put it bluntly "Please quit your whining and get on and do your job"

To be honest what I said was being a bit honest if I was in his situation and I knew the condition of the tyres I would be like "Okay lets get on and do this" rather than saying "My tyres are ****ed get me in and get a new set at 70% life"
Did you see the drivers' interview where they're asked who is the best actor among their fellow drivers and Hamilton gets most of the votes? ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 487 39.1%