Alright when was that again.....?

No weaving to warm tyres after the safety car line, cars in single line after that point so you only react to the car directly ahead. Leader still decides when to 'go' between there and the start line.

Nothing went wrong. I don't understand. People complain about F1 being "booring, snoozefest" so F1 called their bros at NASCAR. They were told, "Just crash the cars as much as you possibly can. You will get ROI with increased viewership". Problem solved. :whistling:
There is nothing wrong with NASCAR. I love it they do things differently but that is ok. Its the #1 racing in America But there is a lack of skill and talent in the series. F1 are the best drivers in the world, Or the wealthiest so they can buy a seat. So should know better.

The way I see it the blame rest with the drivers in the backfield. They left space to the car in front to gain speed once the light turns green. But that does not automatically mean the cars in front accelerate. They just assumed they would. The green light means the track is free, it is not a mandatory signal to hit the throttle.

If I stand as second or third car at a traffic light and have my eyes on the light only and accelerate the moment the light turns green without looking what the cars in front of me are doing - who's to blame ???

Look at re-starts in NASCAR or V8 Supercars. They have re-start zones and drivers have to be within a specified distance to the car in front. Maybe the FIA should look into that.
i would add, that on rolling restarts, the drivers should only be allowed to overtake once they have crossed the start finish line.

No weaving to warm tyres after the safety car line, cars in single line after that point so you only react to the car directly ahead. Leader still decides when to 'go' between there and the start line.
The car would be real bad of the line on a tire that was to cold. And they where Hards that take a while to dial in. That is why teams at the front preefer softs. That is why Lewis complains so much, Because softs tear up and grain easily.

It's interesting that the "20 best drivers in the world" managed to have such a massive incident.
Some hours earlier, 26 hormone-ridden teenagers (and Jake Hughes) had the exact same situation, when Liam Lawson didn't speed up, kept warming his tyres up until the approx. same spot as Bottas. Those hormone-ridden teenagers (and Jake Hughes) managed this without any incidents...

It seems sadly enough the only true way to get things fixed is when someone has a bad shunt and dies. Bad accidents don't seem to have an effect. True these types of restarts don't happen very often, but really thats no excuse.

My eyes could have been playing tricks on me and I confess to not having done a deep dive analysis on the available footage, but it looked to my eyes that, there was a small gap in traffic about 1/2 way through the field at one point. I was wondering if someone at the head end of the 2nd cluster of cars either thought the first group had gone or tried to predict/time the restart and then had to immediately check up.

Yeah, but on the other hand that is what the Nazis used to say about their sporting events. They also claimed that the Jews and disabled went willingly to the chambers and knew the risks which is what government public services and mental services do and advertise as help and false hope. My only problem with Hamilton is he is getting involved in American politics. Meanwhile, in the UK, plenty of white disabled people are not privileged and experience bullying, discrimination, from family, police, society, anti-racist virtue signallers etc.

Back in the day this sort of accident was handled with a 'we crashed because some tit went early. **** happends, move on'.

Nowadays, everything must be analyzed down to a minute detail, everyone questions the rules, 12 drivers get warnings and what not. How about this: STFU, accept motorsport is dangerous and crashes happen and move on. This wasnt Bottas, is wasnt anyone particular, it wasnt the FIA (ffs Hamilton), it was an unfortunate circumstance and misunderstanding that let to a crash that has happened many times in the past. Back then drivers got out, dusted themselves off and went to the backup car if they had one. This playstation generation of drivers (except Kimi) basically need to grow some balls, man up, shut up and drive.

Last edited:
Looking at the video in slo-mo, it looks like Gio chucked up because Kmag did the same ahead of him.
You can clearly see the 'Jack and Jones' on the rear wing.
It was just a ripple effect down the field after that.
Russell went right so I would not put any blame on him.
Not sure why Kmag chucked up or if anyone was ahead of him doing the same.

Last edited:
i would add, that on rolling restarts, the drivers should only be allowed to overtake once they have crossed the start finish line.

If I'm not mistaken that is already the rule. At least it is in many other series.
If you are in front before the line you have to give back the place or face a penalty. That's why they left space so they can accelerate without overtaking before the line but having more speed once they get there.
Make an adjustment to the rules that you have to follow the car in front of you within two car lenghts and you eliminate that. It's been done in other series. You leave too much space you get a drive through penalty.

The 'crossed the finish line' rule IS basically the rule responsible for the pileup. There's a simple solution; take that responsibility away from the leader, hold the red light and let the field loose on green. If you get passed on the way to T1, tough. Its called racing.

Last edited:
Russell was the one that triggered it, he was the one that accelerated and backed off because the cars in front still were slow.

GR.jpg

No coincidence no cars in front of Russell suffered anything.

Okay, roughly 250 safety car restarts from 2000 to 2020 and one goes bad by drivers who do not follow the rules. Conclusion, system is bad and dangerous and must change something boring where driver skills and tactical competence doesn't mean s**t.

You're as deluded as zuneguy
Lewis is the best and he makes Mercedes better. They compliment each other. If Mercedes thought that anyone else was better than Lewis then they would have signed them, but they could only see Lewis as their future driver and he hasn't disappointed. People thought that Schumacher's records would never be broken, but Lewis is going to set records that probably never will truly never be broken.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 126 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 66 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 134 13.8%