Alright when was that again.....?

It happened that on SC restarts cars are not "driven from pitwall", but instead drivers have to do all the driving and looking at the traffic. Whose fault?! Whoever allowed so much comms between pit and driver in last decade.

Lewis should go and see baby seals that can't run to save themselves clubbed to death

s6pik1haeat21.jpg

Seals20slaughter_wl4umdF.width-800.jpg
Yes he and we better focus and that horror, and he and we call ourselfs human, this earth would be better without humans.

Drivers are like kids at school, and will always push the boundaries.

It's up to the FIA to ensure they have systems in place to minimise things like this. The FIA tends to always react afterwards to put a better plan.

Who's Idea was it to bring hybrid engines ? I would say F1 is a mess right now.

Last edited:
The way I see it the blame rest with the drivers in the backfield. They left space to the car in front to gain speed once the light turns green. But that does not automatically mean the cars in front accelerate. They just assumed they would. The green light means the track is free, it is not a mandatory signal to hit the throttle.

If I stand as second or third car at a traffic light and have my eyes on the light only and accelerate the moment the light turns green without looking what the cars in front of me are doing - who's to blame ???

Look at re-starts in NASCAR or V8 Supercars. They have re-start zones and drivers have to be within a specified distance to the car in front. Maybe the FIA should look into that.

It was exactly the same thing as Monza 1978, with the back of the pack starting the race before the front, except for two things:
- in 78 it was due to a stupid starter, in 2020 it was due to a whole bunch of drivers acting stupid (those who received a warning by the stewards);
- in 78 it caused Ronnie Peterson's death :cry: while nobody was hurt in 2020.

[...]
This is the problem with the current FIA rules - the light panels are green but Bottas has not made a decision to start. He wants Lewis in a good draft behind him, and he has to help fend off the driver in 3rd place so a rival team that can take points. Maybe another colour like orange should come out like in a traffic light warning to get ready to go green and start soon?
[...]
Talk about alternate reality... The obvious truth is Bottas waited for the last moment because he didn't want to be passed by Hamilton and he was right doing so.

Last edited:
I don't think there's much that can be done about this, just unfortunate for all that got caught up. I think the fact they haven't raced there before played into it, they could maybe argue that the track isn't set up ideally, but the bottom line is they know the rules, it's up to them to make sure their restart is clean.

I don't think the owners of F1 will be too upset, this kind of chaos is keeping things interesting in the Mercedes era. Big crashes are what people went to see in the good old days of F1, crashes get media attention. A crash involving a number of cars is probably better for media attention than watching one of the Mercs win another race.

The best is to have starter, It used to be Charlie Whiting but i don't know who replaced him as he is deceased. His electronic board allows him to talk to drivers. If it is possible for him to hack into all team radio's he can tell all 22 drivers once bunched up to get ready. then go. He is in the crows nest so he can see all the drivers and the start line.

If it is to complicated then have cars file on grid and do another standing start. On the Track not the pit lane. I don't know why they do this but its tight and a pain for teams to move equipment from the garage on one end and the car on the other. Just imagine having to do that at Monaco. The tight Pitlane that curves.

trouble is drivers can see the green light and go!!!...whats needed is a green light in the car's dash to show when leader floors it at restart...this problem then solved
There is one on the car. Implemented after Jacques Villeneuve kept ignoring yellows in qualifying, as they impeded his fastest laps in the Williams. And those screens are often off the racing line.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 499 39.0%