Alright when was that again.....?

At 250km per hour, in a blind corner somebody waving a flag.
A whole team of mechanics did not notice it either on the bottom of their screens.

He came in seconds after they closed the pitlane.
It was really on the edge.
You should go back and check that again. He was halfway between Ascari and Parabolica when SC was called. He slowed down at first SC board (after this point Parabolica is not 250kmh corner, he is going much slower). Then he passed another yellow/SC board, then next one was with red letters (I guess saying PIT to small watching on phone, meaning it's closed).
Keep in mind, part of drivers job in respecting safety on track is: when yellow flag is out go slow enough to be able to react on anything ahead + all drivers need to know where sc/flag/pit boards are. So, he knew that board that can say if pit is closed is just after "blind 250kmh corner", but he choose to blindly trust the team. For that choice I blame to much radio allowed in races. But for pitting I blame mostly driver and less the team (in both cases, not forgetting Gio doing the same).

I find people to be very harsh on Bottas. Bottas is working within a framework at Mercedes that is designed specifically for Hamilton. He is expected to be Batman's Robin. The guy is just doing his job. The game is rigged.
In case you did not notice, Robin overtook Batman at the start and since the Joker was DNF at turn 2 they freely raced against each other thereafter.

Last edited:
I find people to be very harsh on Bottas. Bottas is working within a framework at Mercedes that is designed specifically for Hamilton. He is expected to be Batman's Robin. The guy is just doing his job. The game is rigged.

In case you did not notice, Robin overtook Batman at the start and since the Joker was DNF at turn 2 they freely raced against each other thereafter.

I used to find these type of comments baffling ...and I've realised a lot of people have convinced themselves and you can't convince them even when the truth slaps them in the face ...

It's like saying Albon is better than Max...or Eddie Irvine or Barrichello is better than Schumacher???

Lol the game is rigged . Embarrassing comment

Last edited:
I used to find these type of comments baffling ...and I've realised a lot of people have convinced themselves and you can't convince them even when the truth slaps them in the face ...

It's like saying Albon is better than Max...or Eddie Irvine or Barrichello is better than Schumacher???

Lol the game is rigged . Embarrassing comment
You really think that Bottas has access to the same engineering resources as Hamilton?
You really think that team strategies are fair and that there is a level playing field between the two drivers?

I am not saying that Bottas is better than Hamilton. I am saying that he is not favoured by his team to win.

I stand by comment and I am not sure that I am the one who should be embarrassed.

Last edited:
You really think that Bottas has access to the same engineering resources as Hamilton?
You really think that team strategies are fair and that there is a level playing field between the two drivers?

I am not saying that Bottas is better than Hamilton. I am saying that he is not favoured by his team to win.

I stand by comment and I am not sure that I am the one who should be embarrassed.

Yes Bottas has, but he is not a natural top talent and will never be world champion when he has a team mate that is a top talent.

Last edited:

I do think Bottas likely has the same engineering resources as Hamilton but, as far as team strategies go...it's a compounding situation. Hamilton is faster. The fast guy is going to tend to be ahead on track. The guy who's ahead on track is going to get preferential treatment on in-race strategy. That's just the way it is (and the way it should be). Hamilton is faster -> Hamilton tends to be ahead on-track -> Hamilton gets the preferential strategy calls. Over the course of a season, that amounts to Bottas being a non-factor in the championship despite, on paper, racking up lots of points.

So how much is Hamilton exactly favoured when Bottas finishes most qualifying sessions within a few hundredths, does that one or two hundredth come from favouring?

If you had followed developments in 2019, Mercedes swapped their engineering garages before that season, so Bottas got Hamilton's old engineers and vice versa (they did the same with Hamilton and Rosberg before 2016). Hamilton has mentioned this greatly reduced his advantage as Bottas had a chance to learn most of his tricks, which reflected in Bottas getting a lot closer in 2019 compared to 2018.

Last edited:
Great story but as the saying goes "You cant teach an old dog new tricks"I think Jimmie will struggle on the road courses but could get some wins on the ovals.A pity it is not Jimmie at his peak about 5-6 years ago.
Yea i heard he wont do ovals... only contract for road and street races. No clue why... and was he any good on road races? When I was watching Nascar road races I always saw Robby Gordon / Montoya / Ambrose... guys like that beating all other Nascar guys on a roadtrack in the past so no idea.

Last edited:
Lewis should go and see baby seals that can't run to save themselves clubbed to death

s6pik1haeat21.jpg

Seals20slaughter_wl4umdF.width-800.jpg

Regarding Bottas vs. Hamilton, I think it is clear who is the better driver even with all things equal on a race day. Teams don't want their second driver to actually be so bad that they fall behind another team. Not taking away from the fact that Bottas has been unlucky and had a worse car at times. Sometimes his fault, sometimes not, sometimes hard to tell. For example, if his tires explode earlier, maybe he is partly to blame.

It is a problem but as always the FIA will negate blame. Two drivers didn't see that the pit lane was closed in Monza, and got penalised, and god knows how many drivers they had to warn in Mugello for the restart. Point being when multiple drivers are being punished, it often means the FIA have to look at themselves and are wilfully bitter.

Same with Eau Rouge run off being too dangerous for bounce back and needing gravel between the pit lane and more room.

If drivers die it is because they ignore run-off rules or safety car rules. However, if you take it out of the drivers hands, and green means green, and run-off means out, then they don't need to have accidents.

Last edited:
Personally I don't understand Renault's rebranding. For example, they used Infiniti when they were with Red Bull. To my mind it is very strange to disassociate your production car line from your best racing engines as a marketing move. If you want to make your brand cooler, why not have the same name win world championships with Red Bull and make sports cars.

The camera turning form driver to the car front is crazy and really cool. Nowdays its nothing special anymore but back then it was not easy.

After watching this movie ive started AC in VR and drove GPL cars on the old Monza.
It was flashed twice before watching this movie:D
I did the same without the VR though. LOL. Nothing flashed except my life before my eyes.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back