F1: To boo, or not to boo? Opinion roundup

I'd expect someone who has been watching F1 longer than I've been alive to show more understanding. You're being grossly unfair by grading Vettel by a different standard. To gain your approval he has to win a championship in a slower car? Something noone else has done.

Winning a race in a slower car perhaps, which only ever happens in very off-design conditions, such as a very wet race or tracks like Monaco or Monza. Like, oh I don't know, Monza 2008.

For the record, I care little about drivers, there's no appreciable difference between that top group of Vettel, Alonso, Hamilton. The drivers championship is just for people who like a human element, like when the captain of a flight introduces himself over the PA system; no one ultimately cares as long as he can fly the thing.

I don't agree with the booing in respect to the driver but I do agree with it in consideration to the performance difference between the cars,
It gives little entertainment when its already known who is going to win.
Its lost its entertainment value that is not knowing who is going to win.
But we already know who is going to win because of there car performance,
In my opinion the FIA needs to remove the the rear diffuser because red bull clearly have a advantage the other teams have not matched,
This has been going on now for 4 years and is destroying the sport for obvious reasons.
The indi car series now use the same chassis for safety reasons but the benefit of that has made the competitiveness between the teams level and more down to the drivers skill,
No one knows who is going to win the race giving entertainment value,
F1 has lost its entertainment value and in the proses people are loosing interest in watching it,
I can only speak for myself but im sure other people may feel the same way.

2qs6rgp.jpg

Im 43 born 1970 and been watching f1 for over 25 years and the last 4 years have been the most boring because of the red bull dominance.
It become pointless to watch because if red bulls in pole its clear who is going to win because of there extra rear down force.
SV is a good driver but is he a deserving 4x world champion i don't think so.
Untill he can win a championship in a slower car he will allways be bood,
I wouldn't do it myself because you cant blame the guy for doing his best but you can boo the situation reb bulls dominance has.
Just watch the on board camera during the race its a walk in the park and anyone driving on track could do the exact same thing driving his car from his team not mark webbers car team there useless.
You only said you are watching F1 over 25 years so you must have saw the larger Domination Periods of Ferrari in 00-04 or Mclaren 88 or Williams 92. Which makes SV domination no where near the Domination of the Years/Era Mentioned.
You can boo all you want but saying SV don't deserve to be a 4*WDC is nothing but joke. They as a Team did a Much better job than any one else. Is Vettel reason of Mclaren Pit stop blunders last year or Is Vettel Reason of Mclaren having Problematic car at early season of 2011. Is Vettel reason of Ferrari Wrong strategy in Yas GP 2010. Is Vettel reason for lack of consistency of his rivals.
Blame the other teams which doesn't fought consistently with RBR.

Sure every team has problems but that was theirs to solve not SV or RBR. To make Competition better you have to fight as a team.

Kelaroost,

If you watched F1 a bit more closely then you noticed that from this year the rear diffusors are gone. And from next your the teams have to construct only one exhaustpipe. So blaming the Vettel/RBR dominance to the rear diffusor is not a valid argument. The other teams had time enough to find their own solution to this problem. Fact is that Vettel has the ability to get the max out of this car. Vettel did a fine job at looking at M. Schumacher how he did it. He had put a team around him that only serves his needs. Something Alonso isn't able to do for some reason. IMO I think from a pure driver perspective Alonso is the best driver in the field but he can't match the combination Newey/Vettel. Oh and for good order I'm a F1 fan an not a particular fan from any driver and/or team.

Let me ask you a question.
Imagine a boxer defending his tittle 10x
Kelaroost,

If you watched F1 a bit more closely then you noticed that from this year the rear diffusors are gone. And from next your the teams have to construct only one exhaustpipe. So blaming the Vettel/RBR dominance to the rear diffusor is not a valid argument. The other teams had time enough to find their own solution to this problem. Fact is that Vettel has the ability to get the max out of this car. Vettel did a fine job at looking at M. Schumacher how he did it. He had put a team around him that only serves his needs. Something Alonso isn't able to do for some reason. IMO I think from a pure driver perspective Alonso is the best driver in the field but he can't match the combination Newey/Vettel. Oh and for good order I'm a F1 fan an not a particular fan from any driver and/or team.

He hasn't got the max out of the car at all there is loads of speed left in the redbull car.
Ive never seen a race won so easy by driving conservative where everyone else is pushing there car limits.
He didn't have to take any risks or push the envelope of his machine to win and this is why its boring,
The gap between his machine and the others is massive,
Even the qualifying lap he drove it like he was on a sunday drive in the country side.
Tbhis is my point im trying to express, He don't need to try to win races because his machine is on rails.

Look for yourself,
The car is glued to the track, his not pushing the envelope of what the car can do,
There is a extra 2 seconds there easy,

This is why its boring to watch now,
No point watching any more races because with this advantage he be lapping 2nd place on the next race.

Im not the only one who thinks this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24206375

I look at his laps on the on-board camera and it doesn't appear as though he is on the limit like some other drivers

My point is shared with who I consider the most exciting drive to watch and the best in my opinion,

Do you even follow the sport and the technicalities of the sport? The most effortless laps can many times be the fastest laps, if done right. All the squirming and over-driving that Alonso and Hamilton does, or has to do because of an imperfectly balanced car, loses energy in the wrong directions, which loses time, and wears tires.

Were you not watching quali? He did a lap, it looked effortless, and they asked him if he thinks he can improve, and he said 'maybe by a tenth, or 2'. If he were you, he'd probably say by 2 seconds, but then again, he'd be behind the last guy by 5 seconds.

And then 3 other cars got mighty close to beating that time.

So you are disproved again. But keep going. This is fun ;)

I am laughing so much I think I'm forming a kidney stone. This kelaroost guy is clueless. I'm starting to think he may be trolling us here. Answer me this...if the Red Bull car has so much rear downforce and is so quick compared to other cars....why isn't Webber doing equally as well and driving equally as effortlessly. And if the winner of each F1 race this season is so easy to predict....why hasn't Vettel won every single race and why haven't you made a fortune in betting?

It amazes me just how blind fanatical SV fans are,
They think its all about the driver when in fact its not,

I tell you what lets have a race,
I use 100% down force you can use 30%,
I will win then I can say im better than you.
That ok with you or would you think im not better at all and just have a better setup ?

It amazes me just how blind fanatical SV fans are,
They think its all about the driver when in fact its not,

I tell you what lets have a race,
I use 100% down force you can use 30%,
I will win then I can say im better than you.
That ok with you or would you think im not better at all and just have a better setup ?
Okay. I pick track. Monza. I win because you have way too much drag on that rear wing.

I am laughing so much I think I'm forming a kidney stone. This kelaroost guy is clueless. I'm starting to think he may be trolling us here. Answer me this...if the Red Bull car has so much rear downforce and is so quick compared to other cars....why isn't Webber doing equally as well and driving equally as effortlessly. And if the winner of each F1 race this season is so easy to predict....why hasn't Vettel won every single race and why haven't you made a fortune in betting?

Webber has no motivation his going to Porsche,
His team within red bull do a crappy job on his car,
Statistically webber has had more than bad luck it makes you wonder if there is some in house conspiracy to damage webbers car,

Statistically webber is the most unlucky guy on the track,
Dont find it funny that raikkonen didn't get into the team ? It didn't surprise me because I think SV made it so he didn't, He knows he would of ran rings around him and put a end to this winning streak.
Its pointless talking to fanatics there not interested in anything that may damage there dream boys skills.

Webber has no motivation his going to Porsche,
His team within red bull do a crappy job on his car,
Statistically webber has had more than bad luck it makes you wonder if there is some in house conspiracy to damage webbers car,

Statistically webber is the most unlucky guy on the track,
Dont find it funny that raikkonen didn't get into the team ? It didn't surprise me because I think SV made it so he didn't, He knows he would of ran rings around him and put a end to this winning streak.
Its pointless talking to fanatics there not interested in anything that may damage there dream boys skills.
Considering I work with McLaren, calling me a Red Bull fanatic is a bit off. Okay 2012 season. Why was Webber nowhere near Vettel in the points?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back