F1 Testing | Day 4 - Kubica Quickest In Busy Day

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Another busy day has been completed for the Formula One field in Barcelona, with Robert Kubica ending the running quickest of all in his Alfa Romeo.

Although a busy session out on the circuit, day four would prove challenging for a number of teams, with both Red Bull and Williams suffering from significant loss of track time due to mechanical issues, leaving Alex Albon and Nicholas Latifi on spectating duties for a good portion of the morning running.

F1 Testing Day 4 - Ferrari 1.jpg

Another driver in trouble at Barcelona would be Sebastien Vettel, the four-time World Champion causing the first red flag of the day when he suffered a spin at the fast turn 8 right-hander, losing the car at turn-in but avoiding contact with the barriers as he brought the SF1000 back to the pitlane.

Vettel would be in good company in the spinning stakes, with Red Bull driver Max Verstappen also spending time in the wrong direction after losing the car during a long run in the afternoon session, although the Dutchman would avoid hitting the gravel, and recovered the car back to the pits without the need to bring out red flags to clear the circuit.

F1 Testing Day 4 - Red Bull.jpg

Unfortunately for Verstappen that wouldn't be the end of his woes for the day, despite securing a second fastest overall time, the Dutchman would bring out the final red flag of the day in the final three minutes, grinding to a halt with engine issues that pitched the car into a spin in the middle sector, stopping at around the same time and place as sister team AlphaTauri, with Daniil Kvyat behind the wheel.

F1 Testing Day 4 - Racing Point.jpg

Racing Point and Sergio Perez would again star in Spain, the Mexican taking his pink Mercedes to third quickest overall with an impressive time just under .5 away from the overall pace on the C3 tyres, some 3 tenths up on team mate Lance Stroll, down in P8 at the end of running.

Ferrari and Mercedes would fail to trouble the scorers much today, with Lewis Hamilton leading the charge of the 'big two' teams in 7th, ahead of teammate Bottas ninth and the Ferrari of Sebastian Vettel rounding out the top ten, ahead of Leclerc in 13th.

F1 Testing Day 4 Times:

F1 Test Times.jpg

Last edited:
If Giovinazzi was in this training the lap time would be around 1:15.XXX low. But in a display of mercy, Alfa used Kubica, and even he could be faster than anybody else.

PS: I see Brawn 2.0... everytime!

• Deleted member 13397

If Giovinazzi was in this training the lap time would be around 1:15.XXX low. But in a display of mercy, Alfa used Kubica, and even he could be faster than anybody else.

the best thing is,
in 13 month we will find out if Antonio can outperform one handed Robert in the same car

You couldn't be more wrong.

If Grosjean was in the merc last year there's no way he would be world champion.

If Lewis was in the HAAS nor would he be..... and if Romain was in the Merc and Lewis in his HAAS then Romain would of beaten Lewis in qually and races.
And i think Romain could win a race in a Merc...I mean Bottas can so anything is possible no?

Few years ago anyone driver in the top flight could of won in that Merc.... Nico Rosburg became WDC in it FFS!! Nico Rosburg!!

If Lewis was in the HAAS nor would he be..... and if Romain was in the Merc and Lewis in his HAAS then Romain would of beaten Lewis in qually and races.
And i think Romain could win a race in a Merc...I mean Bottas can so anything is possible no?

Few years ago anyone driver in the top flight could of won in that Merc.... Nico Rosburg became WDC in it FFS!! Nico Rosburg!!
Nico was surely no GOAT like Lewis Hamilton, but then again he had to beat Lewis Hamilton to do it

Sure, but Grosjean would still not be world champ, not even close I believe. And while Nico Rosberg is no amazing driver, he isn't as bad as other drivers.

This is F1, obviously the car makes a huge difference. But without a good driver there's no miracle. Hell, Bottas finished closer to Verstappen than to Hamilton. If anything, Bottas was fighting for second in the championship instead of the WDC like the media said the whole season.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 309 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 444 39.6%