F1 Teams for MyTeam [Modular Mods]

Misc F1 Teams for MyTeam [Modular Mods] 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content

ParkYongLee

Modular Mods Creator
ParkYongLee submitted a new resource:

F1 Teams for MyTeam [Modular Mods] - This mod enables the usage of real F1 team/car chassis as MyTeam car.

Description:
This mod provides custom ERP and mipmaps files, for being able to use an F1 team/car in MyTeam as replacement.​

Requirements:

This mod is part of [Modular Mods] and has Modular Mods - Base Files as required mod to be existing and installed in the main F1 2020...​

Read more about this resource...

fantastic work mate, its awesome. that said i find myself running into a problem. im using the Mercedes and trying to use a custom livery i can get the base colours to work fine but when i try to change the sponsors it all goes wrong im not sure if im saving the decals file with the wrong settings but if anyone knows whats wrong i would be thankful. i can post pictures later

when i try to change the sponsors it all goes wrong im not sure if im saving the decals file with the wrong settings
Wrong like what? Don't mess the alpha channel, it is important to keep a #000000 as bottom.

Also the Mercedes decals have a specular texture that is more than just 8x8 colored. So, if you change the big Petronas logo, you have to touch the _s, too.

But all that has nothing to do with the mod. So if your problem is any different, let me know. But all should be as default.

Last edited:
Wrong like what? Don't mess the alpha channel, it is important to keep a #000000 as bottom.

Also the Mercedes decals have a specular texture that is more than just 8x8 colored. So, if you change the big Petronas logo, you have to touch the _s, too.

But all that has nothing to do with the mod. So if your problem is any different, let me know. But all should be as default.

yeah i think you are correct about the specular texture, i have changed all the sponsors so it must be that. i just got to work it out

Yeah you were 100% right i stuffed with the specular all sorted now
20210316212814_1.jpg

awesome Mod mate

Just a question about the mod. Does the performance in MyTeam still remain the same? Or will I inherit the performance of the car I copied?
I'm not absolutely sure. I kept the vtf original values of myteam, but I had to adapt a few values to the new chassis.
The convexhull should, in theory, affect the performance as the aero of a chassis changes. But then again, I did never test it - so maybe it is just a visual spline for streaming.

After all, engine, aero, mass etc. are not touched and those make a real performance impact.
Worst case: You could use the default vtf files (maybe with the performance templates for myteam), but then the renderposition of the car and the plank will be a bit off (I guess, you won't even notice).

I'm not absolutely sure. I kept the vtf original values of myteam, but I had to adapt a few values to the new chassis.
The convexhull should, in theory, affect the performance as the aero of a chassis changes. But then again, I did never test it - so maybe it is just a visual spline for streaming.

After all, engine, aero, mass etc. are not touched and those make a real performance impact.
Worst case: You could use the default vtf files (maybe with the performance templates for myteam), but then the renderposition of the car and the plank will be a bit off (I guess, you won't even notice).

Thank you for your answer.

I actually noticed that my car handled differently and was more "happy" in corner entry than before. I suppose that it is related to what you said about aero. Thanks ;)

Regards,

Audren.

Many people asked me about the tyres already. But I use it as my personal trademark now. So once you see that in screenshots, people will recognize it :D

Last edited:
ParkYongLee updated F1 Teams for MyTeam [Modular Mods] with a new update entry:

update driver animation

As we noticed, the incardriver animation were off.

If you want to fix it, you have to do it manually:
2020_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\incardriver\2020\incardriver_f1.erp
incardriver_f1.scene
change the animset name to the one of the F1 team you use, for example
Code:
  <scene name="f1_incar_driver_body_fom">
    <actor type="InCarDriverActor" id="InCarDriver">
      <part id="InCarDriver" culling="Bip01" cullingradius="1.4" overrideMeshIndex="0"...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 97 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 73 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 78 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 49 6.3%
  • < 5 years