rF2 F1 Support races poll

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramon van Rijn

RaceDepartment Co-Founder
Premium
166g3z8.jpg

Last year Patrick van Driel did a wonderful job of organizing F1 support races during real F1 race days (Sundays).

I would like to know if you would like to run such events again this year.
Currently 3 mods are available for this; CTDP 2006, MMG 2007 SE or MMG 2007 PE.

In the CTDP2006/MMG SE all cars perform the same. The PE has differences in car performance. If those will be run, we have to think of a format who drives which car, or switch cars after each race...etc.etc.

Input, input . I need your input. But please be realistic, we must be able to manage it without too much effort.

Thanks for advice/suggestions.

MMG 2007 PE is the best out of those 3 mods in my opinion - however we would have to have a system where you can only drive a car once then you have to change to keep it fair.

I would like to use the PE version, because it just seems more realistic to me that cars perform differently to each other. But then I may be in a minority of people who would happily drive a Force India for a season.

The intention is to run separate races, not for points etc.etc.
I prefer the MMG PE too, its more uptodate. Mandatory changing of car for each race would do the trick. But for now the other mods are open too :)

Input about format is welcome too. Tracklist, Race format, Setups (fixed/open), etc.

well,if we're able to find the officials tracks of the season,and if they are all legals,than we should follow the official calendar to me.50% of the real race could be good enough,and open setup for more challenge,that's my 2cents:)

Agree on the tracks/setups :)
If someone can have the task of searching for Tracks and download links we can be prepared for the 'season'. We might run a test race next weekend already :)

2009 FIA Formula One world championship calendar:

29 Mar - Australia (Melbourne)

5 Apr - Malaysia (Sepang)

19 Apr - China (Shanghai)

26 Apr - Bahrain (Sakhir)

10 May - Spain (Barcelona)

24 May - Monaco

7 June - Turkey (Istanbul)

21 June - Great Britain (Silverstone)

12 July - Germany (Nurburgring)

26 July - Hungary (Hungaroring)

23 August Europe (Valencia)