rF2 F1 Support Races 2009

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramon van Rijn

RaceDepartment Co-Founder
Premium
282mgwp.jpg

This year RaceDepartment will also run the F1 support races. No league, no points to score, no stress..... Only Fun and Fair.

During the real F1 race we will run the support races. If real F1 might overlap we just move the event a bit so you don't miss a bit on the real thing :)

Because of the limited cars available we need signups (max 22 for each event).

Mod: F1 2007 MMG Personal Edition
Setups: fixed - Parc Fermé rule during Qualify
Practice: 30 mins
Qualification: 10 mins
Warmup: 8 mins
Race: 30 laps (maybe different on certain tracks)

Starts:
Formation Lap + Standing Start (Use of Launch Control is mandatory)
Pitstop: 1 pitstop mandatory (free of choice on pit-format; Fuel | Tires | Fuel+Tires)
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

Entrylist:
How the entry list is formed is to be discussed because of the different physics on each F1 car.

Cars available on each event:

• <Driver> (Williams - Nico Rosberg)
  • <Driver> (Williams - Alexander Wurz)
  • <Driver> (BMW - Nick Heidfeld)
  • <Driver> (BMW - Robert Kubica)
  • <Driver> (Honda - Jenson Button)
  • <Driver> (Honda - Rubens Barrichello)
  • <Driver> (Renault - Giancarlo Fisichella)
  • <Driver> (Renault - Heikki Kovalainen)
  • <Driver> (Red Bull - David Coulthard)
  • <Driver> (Red Bull - Mark Webber)
  • <Driver> (Ferrari - Filipe Massa)
  • <Driver> (Ferrari - Kimi Raikkonen)
  • <Driver> (Toro Rosso - Vitantonio Liuzzi)
  • <Driver> (Toro Rosso - Sebastian Vettel)
  • <Driver> (Spyker - Adrian Sutil)
  • <Driver> (Spyker - Sako Yamamoto)
  • <Driver> (Super Aguri - Takumo Sato)
  • <Driver> (Super Aguri - Anthony Davidson)
  • <Driver> (Toyota - Ralf Schumacher)
  • <Driver> (Toyota - Jarno Trulli)
  • <Driver> (McLaren - Fernando Alonso)
  • <Driver> (McLaren - Lewis Hamilton)

This is a season announcement. No sign ups please. Discuss the season and how the events could be format please.

For example, do we run in teams (useful in race/pit strategy) or single drivers.
Do we change car every event, if yes: how? (random, arranged, etc)
Input.

PS. actual event threads are also posted but closed for a while till we know how to run.

As there are 11 teams
We could all go in a different car at each round and once we have all gone in each car(6 rounds remaining)The slowest drivers then go in the quickest cars and then the faster drivers then go in the slowest cars?

As there are 11 teams
We could all go in a different car at each round and once we have all gone in each car(6 rounds remaining)The slowest drivers then go in the quickest cars and then the faster drivers then go in the slowest cars?

Is there somewhere the performance characteristics of the different cars is documented? It's probable that certain cars perform better on certain kinds of tracks.

The problem is that the driver and the track also influence what is "quick".
It would seem that random w/o repeats would be the fairest way to change cars. I'm a statistician so I could prepare a random assignment table for you if your interested.

Is there somewhere the performance characteristics of the different cars is documented? It's probable that certain cars perform better on certain kinds of tracks.

The problem is that the driver and the track also influence what is "quick".
It would seem that random w/o repeats would be the fairest way to change cars. I'm a statistician so I could prepare a random assignment table for you if your interested.

If we go indeed random then you are free to randomize, but keep in mind not all drivers will drive every track. Its open for everyone, signups till its full (with a reserved list)
It will be difficult to randomize this way every event, especially when there are late cancellations.

i suggest the order of the cars is random for each round. as people sign up for the event the cars are assigned as per the preselected (hidden) order. if someone drops out late their car goes to the bottom of the grid. sound an option?

sounds like keiths brains working overtime, but working well :)

Like I said before though i don;t care what car I am in, I just like to race. I did notice that teh Mclaren outperforms the Super Aguri though lol. But I also think that it don't matter what car people have, talent will shine through.

we should maybe run a first come first serve,you sign up ,you choose a car,etc...btw run like teams will be difficult if we don't have exactly the same drivers from a race to the other,so single driver is the best i think,personnally,i can do all the race with the renault it's not a problem for me:)

After your comments I have come to this conclusion;

• We run the events as individual drivers
  • Cars will have numbers according the real car numbers
  • Drivers will be signed up on a numbered list, every time in some random order. First 22 signups will be placed, the next 5 will be placed on a reservation list. (If someone drops out, the first in row get that place/car)
  • Racing staff will (let) run randomizer.org to match the real car numbers to the driver signing up.
  • The signup / randomize trick will be done for every event. No pre-defined tables to keep it fair.
If you agree I will include this info in the startpost.
If you have better ideas/suggestions, feel free to comment.

Yep that sounds OK to me. Having the possibility of driving a different car each time adds to the fun.

Only downside for me is that the I'll miss the first race because of the RDMCC and the second one because I'm going to watch the real life BTCC at Brands Hatch. So I can't wait until 19th April and China :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 222 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.6%