AC F1 Sundays FC2009 Williams v1.02 @ Spa -Sunday 12th July

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
What @Tobias Röhner said! you could not really have joined a more hardcore race for your AC comeback! your pace was strong and your always welcome. :thumbsup:

Thanks Si. Was going to sign up for the Nords DTM race tomorrow, but I think I'd better ask Bram if I can attend another Race academy again.

Hope you all had a good race after I left.

First off, apologies for the troubles caused by my ping jumping. Never had that before, no idea what might have caused it.

Second pole in a row with this car, it's a blast to drive :D. Think I could've gone at least half a second faster. Start was poor as usual, really need to practice these offline a bit. After my ping incidents I had much fun trying to close the gap to the front until the second safety car period. After that some good final laps, somehow snatching 3rd in the end.

Thanks @Si for organizing :). I think the safety car is a nice idea, even though it didn't work that well this race :laugh:
that was hysterical!!!

can anyone upload a replay file please, mine didn't work :(

Thanks Si. Was going to sign up for the Nords DTM race tomorrow, but I think I'd better ask Bram if I can attend another Race academy again.

Hope you all had a good race after I left.
Andy don't be daft! that was the first time we did a safety car....don't worry! would love to have you for Nords Monday! you have the pace! Just race craft is needed so Race academy's wont help you! experience will!

Well that was a race to forget... Had a great quali, spa's always good, race started alright but ended up getting hit on 2 occasions, managed to pit with the safety car and fix my damage, gained a few spots, then proceeded to royally stuff up both mine and James' race, sorry mate, nothing but sloppy driving there from me, completely unnecessary. Great combo though and the safety car was nice :D.

Thx for the race guys, always sweet to be fast at home :).
I was rather lucky to avoid any incident.
And don't hesitate to try the s1 version, way more stable than before update.
Thx to that little green button, I was able to keep @Tobias Röhner behind me after the second restart. ;):D

@Si ,I definitly think that your idea was a good one, but it shouldn't prevent you to race if you want to!
@Emerson Fattibaldi, you were both dissapointed at the end, but that's what races gives sometimes! In my mind, you don't need any racing academy, just practice. We are running them for 2 month now, so pretty all of us had already some experience into it.

To all, I just want to recommend once more that fabulous app : Helicorsa :redface::).

Cheers all,
See you next.

@Si ,I definitly think that your idea was a good one, but it shouldn't prevent you to race if you want to!
thanks but I really enjoyed the race director role today! it was nice to watch you guys with no pressure of racing for a change! I can see myself doing that regularly for F1 Sundays whilst I am able to participate in many races...if my circumstances change then maybe I will race in the event because its the only one I can do!

Obviously if numbers are short then I will take a race car, but I was happy tonight with the entries we had! :D

Safety car?? Then I'm glad I missed the race, coz that is really a necessary evil needed in reality and not at all in sim racing tbh.
you completely misunderstand the point of the whole thing! everybody liked it! it bunched the whole field together for the last 5 laps leading to a great finish. Before that it allowed people who ere involved in lap one incident to repair and get back in the race rather than quit! it worked nicely :)

EDIT: also added to the whole immersion aspect for all drivers!:thumbsup:

Safety car?? Then I'm glad I missed the race, coz that is really a necessary evil needed in reality and not at all in sim racing tbh.

It's a pretty good implementation for club races though. Tonights race was really spread out at the halfway point so bunching everything back up with a safety car gave us the opportunity to battle it out wheel to wheel. It's not a league race, so nothing's on the line. Why not have some fun?

Reactions: Si
you completely misunderstand the point of the whole thing! everybody liked it! it bunched the whole field together for the last 5 laps leading to a great finish. Before that it allowed people who ere involved in lap one incident to repair and get back in the race rather than quit! it worked nicely :)

I know nobody who has ever been glad to see a real race spoilt by a safety car, but everyone accepts the reasons it is needed. It unfairly disadvantages some, and assists some that don't deserve it.

/2c.

It's a pretty good implementation for club races though. Tonights race was really spread out at the halfway point so bunching everything back up with a safety car gave us the opportunity to battle it out wheel to wheel. It's not a league race, so nothing's on the line. Why not have some fun?

Coz it spoils the hard work the guys out in front have done.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 436 39.5%