F1 steering wheel Grips, Like on the T500 F1 ferrari rim

Hello Fokes, First of all Merry Christmas to all :)

i have a question, can anyone tell me what material exactly the grips on the Ferrari F1 Thrustmaster rim is and on a Real F1 rim like for example the Mercedes F1 Rim
i also want to know if it is possible how to mold (if i can create the molds myself) to pour this material on home made steering wheels, but i need to know what material to use for this,

the thing is i have an Amalgam Mclaren steering wheel wich has foam grips with a layer of paint over it, you can press a finger nail through the paint and damage the grips with a crack, and i want to either replace it with proper real grips, Also if i maby gonna make an Mercedes F1 steering wheel myself or buy one from another i want to have good hand grips and not leather or what so ever, cause i might get slightly wet hands and with leather it will get all slippery and it feels uncomfortable for me.

Greetings Wesley

F1_steering_wheel_2015_1.jpg

You could try using a product called sugru.

I used it on my 3D printed f1 wheel and it works well.
27129974584_025e4bdd06_z.jpg
IMG_3865[/url] by jamesscotland73, on Flickr[/IMG] IMG_3865 by jamesscotland73, on Flickr

It feels really great, is very durable, and it also sandable. (Although I didn't sand it on my project).

I am soon going to start work on a mould for a 2015 ferrari wheel grip. I just have top work out the best way to do it.
2015 ferrari wheel by jamesscotland73, on Flickr

I have to say though, I`m really impressed with Sugru. The only down side is that its quite expensive.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 108 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 202 14.9%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.2%