F1 Spanish GP: Driver of the Day - Vote Now

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Spanish Grand Prix Driver of the Day.jpg

The Spanish Grand Prix is over and the voting begins! Vote now for your Spanish Grand Prix ‘Driver of the Day’.

Did the rostrum finishers impress you today, or did the stand out performance come from further down the field? Barcelona is a circuit many of the F1 teams and drivers know the best of all, and as such the Grand Prix often presents the best opportunity of the year so far to get a true handle on where the power really sits this year.

Never one to produce an incredible and exciting event, nevertheless the 2019 Spanish Grand Prix still had its moments of intrigue and flash points of action... but who do you think came out as the star performer in Sunday afternoon?

Let us have your comments below, and votes above!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

F1 nowadays is like a VW Golf GTI try to catch a Porsche on the Autobahn(Freeway):)
Mercedes is too strong for all the others;) Like Fernando Alonso once said. Equal engines for everybody. Period

F1 nowadays is like a VW Golf GTI try to catch a Porsche on the Autobahn(Freeway):)
Mercedes is too strong for all the others;) Like Fernando Alonso once said. Equal engines for everybody. Period
It is incentive for the other guys to 'up' their game isn't it.
We found out a few years ago that Ferrari are handed $100m just to show up.
Maybe they ought to buy some strategist with some of that 'free' money.
I'm not going to knock Mercedes for their success.
Sure, they're some teams who struggle with limited budgets....but look at Force India from a few years back.
They had one of the smallest budgets, the principal was under constant threat of arrest...and yet they were consistently high in the Championship.
Much better showings can be had with the right people in the right positions.
It can be done.

We went out to the Kart track and had fun this morning so we watched the recording of the F1.

Watched the first lap, mildly exciting for 3 corners.

Fast forward on x20 until pitstops. Nothing to see here.

Fast Forward until the end of the Safety Car, watch the restart. Ho hum.

Fast forward until the end, nothing changed.

Summary: Hamilton reacted faster than Botas, Verstappen is better than his car, Vettel is now trying too hard. The end.

F1 needs a real shake-up to make it an actual competition and race.

We went out to the Kart track and had fun this morning so we watched the recording of the F1.

Watched the first lap, mildly exciting for 3 corners.

Fast forward on x20 until pitstops. Nothing to see here.

Fast Forward until the end of the Safety Car, watch the restart. Ho hum.

Fast forward until the end, nothing changed.

Summary: Hamilton reacted faster than Botas, Verstappen is better than his car, Vettel is now trying too hard. The end.

F1 needs a real shake-up to make it an actual competition and race.

A few laps to go and there was only 10 seconds or so between 1st and 5th place, the coverage showed the crowd leaving, tells you everything you need to know.

If you ask me the grid could do with another 10 cars on it. As an event it’s flat.

It's a trendy fad to trash Kivyat, but he's had a good season so far.
Toast mentioned he's impressed with the driver's performance, and again some very good moves today.
Verstappen has become reliable podium. One of the best all-round drivers now.

Wasn't a great race to watch overall.

For the first time this year i watched the start. Stopped watching after the drs came into play. Well, its the first and the last time this year i watch F1. Olav Mol, the dutch reporter is only interested in Max...Max this...Max that...blablabla.

Seriously Max? Verstappen didn't do much this race... Got lucky that Ferrari did an oopsie again strategy wise... I don't get it how he has such massive fanboys that vote for him no matter what.
For the driver of the day, I don't like Hamilton, but he was great today.

Till your favorite driver wins huh...then suddenly it all is fine:whistling:

To be honest my favourite Driver died a long time ago:( Jo Siffert was the greatest Driver of all time for me. Nowadays I dont have a favourite Driver so you absolutely miss my point;) but what else I should expect of a guy like you. Huuh;) And why you hating on Max???....at least in his case he is faster than his car. I think everybody should respect that. And by the way Boby is written with two B's;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 98 14.0%