F1 Spanish GP: Driver of the Day - Vote Now

I thought the safety car driver drove a tactical race and helped bring at least 2 more laps of excitement to what was quite a bore-fest.

Ferrari brought upgrades, they still are not even close and they do not seem like they will catch Mercedes at all this season. Bottas never came near to mounting a challenge for the lead, even with DRS. Lewis was 2 seconds clear on the first lap after the safety car.

Last edited:
Clearly missed all the intense fighting among the midfield cause way too focussed on a battle between Mercedes-Ferrari-Red Bull that just isn't going to happen.

You are probably right, but then I watch Blancpain races and they offer everything I want from racing: sound, cool looking cars, excitement.

It's like finding a bar of top notch chocolate behind your couch, which is a year old and dusty and a shiny, tasty, fresh snickers bought a minute ago. The former is more expensive but not very attractive and the latter just delivers what you want RIGHT NOW.

Total snoozefest. Well, Barcelona is often a boring race. Still, I've been watching F1 since 1978. For the first time, I wonder if I will even bother to watch Monaco in two weeks. OK, OK, I will! But only because it's Monaco and I love the shots of Monte-Carlo... The Indy 500 is right after. Guess which race will be more exciting? :p

But seriously, it it was, say, the Austrian or the French GP, I would seriously consider doing something else, especially if it's sunny outside.

On the other hand, I watched the last hour of the live stream of the Blancpain GT race from Silverstone. Really good show. Made me even more impatient for the release of ACC 1.0.

Like Fernando Alonso once said. Equal engines for everybody. Period

I agree, no brainier if you weigh up pros and cons
I would like to see all teams owned by car makers again and Porsche Ford BMW etc
They all design control engine, build their own chassis

Have to be cheaper closer racing, drivers salary would be much closer

Why is F1 race distance and format set in stone ?
BTCC has thrived with 3 shorter races a round ( imagine start of F1 race with 66KG less fuel )

disagree all you like ;) ......what is your solution ? :barefoot:

Last edited:
I think F1 really should take a long hard look at what happened to IMSA GTP in 1993: Toyota was so dominant that other manufacturers got tired of getting beaten up on track (and paying for the privilege) and simply abandoned the series.

From a tech standpoint especially, it's all gotten very stale. "Which Mercedes driver will win this week?" is what we've had since 2014. Plus, the cars sound like ****, they all look exactly the same and "innovation" consists of tiny aero tweaks (all that is allowed under current regulations).

The 90's were such a crazy period of experimentation by comparison! I really think that if they loosened up the tech regs, it would allow teams to innovate and break the Mercedes stranglehold/head start.

Some GPs might be a little bit boring, but not as much as this never-ending whining about F1. These are top drivers, with top teams in top machinery; chances of something exceptional are higher in less professional series.

Example: Vertappen is mighty impressive since the start of the season. And, guess what, his driving has become "boring", he no longer tries silly things. In this race he even stole the 3rd place because he backed off from a T1-T2 fight.

Last edited:
Some GPs might be a little bit boring, but not as much as those never-ending whining about F1. These are top drivers, with top teams in top machinery; chances of something exceptional are higher in less professional series.

Example: Vertappen is mighty impressive since the start of the season. And, guess what, his driving has become "boring", he no longer tries silly things. In this race he even stole the 3rd place because he backed off from a T1-T2 fight.
You could have found better example, he was behind 3 side-by-side cars braking into T1. Not even in his first 2-3 years, that he would go to make it 4 wide there. Anyway, he can't do silly things (as you call it) now since Merc is to fast, while Ferrari is just fast enough that he can beat it with "normal" driving. Silly (by your definition) was maybe Seb's T1 yesterday, as he had to try it into T1 to compensate for lack of pace to Merc. But it didn't work.

As you said, we have best drivers in the world in F1. And they are all so close that only difference (except car) is how they wakeup on race day. If they wakeup in great mood they will just drive where car can go. :thumbsup:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: The latest moaning story from Romain Grosjean goes that the only reason his teammate Magnussen was able to overtake him was because something was wrong with his tire (temp) after the safety car.

At least it was not Marcus Ericsson this time:roflmao::roflmao:

I voted for LH he did everything he needed to do. But in fairness it was probably max or ferrari's lead strategist. Gimped their whole race, Leclerc suffered because Seb cooked it.

As we all know, Romain is excellent at keeping his tires warm under the safety car :D:

Yeah exactly. Its never his own fault. Never.:roflmao::roflmao:
grosjean.jpg

You probably also make excuses for Hollywood turds like "Encino Man" and "Waterworld" because they have top actors.
Well if Waterworld was boring, then why watch Waterworld season 7 episode 5????
Quite whining about F1, there are dozens of other racing series. Nobody's forcing you to watch the next GP.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back