RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

To be honest, I really didn't practice to much for last nights race. And the few laps I did do, prior to yesterday, I used strictly online setups to get a feel for cars and the track. I joined early yesterday and tried nearly every car before settling on the Viper. I had found a online setup which was a good stable base to work off of and the gearing was just amazing. So I started to make changes, adding a little rear wing, a little more camber on the rear and tighening the rear springs - all in an effort to get the car to turn in better. This resulted in a car that was running 33's in practice without being overly aggressive.

Quali: Did a 32 my first lap out, but grazed the wall on the second lap coming onto the back straight and gave up. Unfortunately this didn't leave me enough time to get another lap in. Congrats to Abdul for his killer 31 lap and setting pole - congrats man. Wish I could have run a bit closer with you in the races, was great fun in practice.

Race 1: Starting from third I got a reasonable start and drafted up behind Abdul on the outside of T1, passing Rafael. All was well and I was looking forward to a great fight at the front when I ran off in T11! Doh! I haven't had a problem with this corner before, but it turned out to be a big issue for me in the race. Luckily, I didn't hit anything and was able to rejoin in 10th. I managed to fight my way back up to 4th behind Eric and Abdul, whom both had offs on the last couple of laps allowing me to take a relatively unchallenged 2nd place in race one. If only I could keep it together for race two, perhaps I could challenge for the lead.

Race 2: Got another decent start, from 7th this time, but had to let off to avoid the chaos directly in front of me. Eric N. got a little squirrelly off the line and his Viper shot across into Abdul, forcing Abdul into the wall. Luckily both of them were able to straighten it out and carry on without any further drama. Then coming into T2 I glanced at my rear view and saw Dennis approaching much to fast. I moved to the left lane just in time for him to shoot by on my right and nearly running it off. Then coming down the back straight I had a great run on the group of cars up a head. I moved to the right of the track being that Saul was occupying the right lane. I got passed the first car without a problem, but once I got beside Eric N. one of us must have swerved just a little and we touched. No big deal, but it was enough for me to have to run onto the grass on the left, losing my momentum. I fell back and got back in line, picking up speed quickly. I pulled back out and flew past the Vette and was fully side by side once more with Eric N. braking for Mulsanne. We got around the corner without incident. A look in my rear view however showed no Eric - bam! - that's why. Eric ran it a little deep into the corner and had to utilize the run off area. Had I known he was there, I would have moved to the right lane giving him room to rejoin, but as it was I didn't and poor Eric ran into my drivers side rear fender, which sent him into the adjacent wall resulting in him spinning across the track. Really sorry I didn't leave you any room to rejoin Eric! Then three bends later in T11 "AGAIN", I miss my braking point and run straight on hitting one of the poles this time. I rejoined in 10th, but was gifted 8th just a few turns later as others ran off. On lap 2, I again ran it wide in T11. While I didn't run it as deep as previously it was just enough to put it on the grass and go head to head with Sam, whom was parked facing the wrong way. There really has to be some magical magnetic force between our cars. Really sorry Sam! As a result of the collision I lost my front splitter. I then had a bit of a battle with Kevin for a few laps. Sorry about the contact down the straight. It was my first time trying to take those little bends with no splitter and the car just drifted wide. I eventually dropped Kevin and was slowly catching up to Yuri whom had also lost his front splitter. Unfortunately I ran out of time and had to settle for 6th.

If you all get a chance, watch Yuri and me in the replay of race 2 coming up over the hill prior to Mulsanne. It was Viper long jump, I tell you. Caught so much air on the last lap that I thought my car was gonna snap in half after touching the ground. :cool:

Any ways, thanks for an awesome event everybody, was a lot of fun. Hope to see you all next week! :)

Since my wheel broke last Monday night in the second race, it's been treacherous doing this with an X-Box 360 controller. 4 laps was my limit on each race before a slight lapse sent me into the wall. I did better in the second race than the first (someone hit me from behind into the wall, which took out my front aero in the first race). I'd made it up to sixth in the second race, before thumb fatigue started to set in. lost three places down to 9th and then into the wall on turn one of the home straight. DNF. New wheel arrives by this Friday so I'll be ready for next week. :D

Whoaaa what happened all cars disapeard on the gridd. And my timing got screwed up. ...... Ohh well had a really nice first race atleast. Grats Andreas to victory.. I had a awesome tankslapper out on s/f accidently dropped two gears instead of one :) and Andreas got by me . And on last lap we both lost it into Dingle dell .. cool stuff .... Cya all next race .

/Anders

Race 1:

After i could mange pole in qualy, my start was weird, first wrong gear first righthander which brings me near the gravel. Then a little contact with i guess Hugo which brings Anders in front. I had to overtake one car to P2 and then try to cach him which was harder then i was thinking after the amount of time he was behind me in training. Normally i thing i get no chance with constant a gap about 1-2 sec. With three rounds left and he made a little mistake last corner which give me an easy chance to pass :rolleyes: I was already happy and had one shocking moment in last lap with going trought the grass after this hard righthinder over the hill. Think Anders got this corner also not perfect, so i could stay luckily in front till finish. :redface:

Race 2:
Hmm, seems like a disconnect from server or something. after i was on the start grid, Anders go off the server and cars wasn´t seeable anymore. So i left after the time cowndown go into minus .-)

Thanks all for the first run and Hugo for orgenicing, makes fun to drive this mod. :thumb:

brief and shor post

i already hate the car hole week i love it this evenig(not) the track was so bumpi..the car was so fragile....lot's lot's of hard work..had to combined 2 setups Yves and Hekke to make some lap times...quali in 11 place in race 1..after a good start star to fall down the grid...until 11th place..or 10.Race 2 good start..but normaly someone bumped me...then in lap 2 i was tring to pass someone..was good on the inside the he closed the line bumped him,teh he did a corckscrew a few blackflips a frontflip and i think a tailwip too...sory for that..then again i had the pace to mantaine the 6position...but made small mistake here..one there..and ontther one in that firs corner ...got out of the ritm..and so on and so on..until 8 place.
tu much work..but a satisafed result counting that i hate them!!!the cars....:)

10-x RD and all the drivers
drive slow

Nice RACE tonight!

I didn't have time to practice at all. I entered the server with 4 minutes before qualification ends.Downloaded fast Hugo's setup(Great setup there Hugo,Thanks) and twaked it a little bit for me.

Qualifing: As i say,didn't have time to make any lap in 4 minutes because i was testing the setup,more important for the race as it shows. P18 (last)
Race 1: I started to learn the road good with this tipe of cars and ended on 9th after several crashes and waitings.
Race 2: Started from P1.In 2nd corner i braked late and go thru the outside of the corner and 3 cars overtooked me. The 3rd was Saso Prosen(nice battle mate) :).
One corner after,i was bumped from back and my car slyde in Saso Prosen.Wasn't my foult mate,really sorry but couldn't avoid as i was pushed like you were pushed on Imola. :) After i waited him,we started to go after them from P12 and P13 i think. Untill the finish,again several waitings because of me,i don't know why and i am sorry for David Buxton as i hit him in both races but only once,but he braked really early in that corner with jump to the right. I was going much faster in that one than him and i was anyway slyding because i avoided him one corner before that and my car was on slyde.

Overall,this was a KICKASS Race. Thank RaceDepartment and his Stuff for providing us the best FUN in SimRacing. :D:D

Thanks Hugo for the event and the online setup! I'm getting to feel the car. This time could handle better than at Brno.
Tonight my problem was the low concentration level. I enjoyed it anyway.
Race1: Good start, touched David B. at T2, sorry for that. Didn't expect the cold brakes to be sooooo inefficient.
First 6 laps were quite good, made some errors, but could step up the ladder. Had good fights, not a boring moment. Then L7, missed a braking and run into the edge of the tire wall. Result was flying wheels and body parts. Collected the first DNF.
Race2: Same as the beginning of race 1, crash again luckily this time only a puncture. Pit in, new set of tires. Started to chase the driver in front of me. Managed to shave off more than 40 secs. One more lap and I could have been fighting for overtake. So finished last.

See you next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 87 9.5%
  • < 4 years