F1 Shock #2 - Massa Returns to Williams Team

It all makes sense: Massa, Bottas. Why do I feel so depressed then?
Good luck to Bottas, he deserves a chance. Still.. Alonso wasted like this must be a deadly sin.
And Massa coming back feels like zombies.

After all those tears in Brazil... Well, next time he retires I don't want to see a repeat. :roflmao:
nintchdbpict000282006820.jpg

Good luck Felipe, I hope Mercedes get their sums wrong and Williams come back for 2017, with such radical rule changes anything is possible ;)

He works well with the team and technically he will be a tremendous asset to Lance as well so I understand their decision.

He is surely likeable but past his prime and he's said his adios. Maybe logic choice for Williams but awkward.
He could have got more points in the drivers champ. than Botttas in 2015, if the disqualification in Brazil (tire pressure) would not've been the case.
So why everyone thinks, he's not quick and good enough anymore ?
He drove not at 100% of his speed just the few races after his announcement of his 'retirement', except the last two races, but other than that I remember him quite right up with Bottas.

Well we're afraid that he'll drive like in those "few" last races exactly.
He lost it, can't see he'll regain the speed once again, just by pure willpower.
Much more likely... he'll pick up where he left.
I mean... I know - I was (hell I still am:)) J. Villeneuve's fan.
And I really hope I'm wrong in his case.

But, I agree... he's very likeable, yes. :geek:
Just not sure how much is that important in this brave new F1. :unsure:

Last edited:
They want Massa to continue for one more year because of his experience as a driver.
Felipe has been an F1 driver for 15 seasons now and has experienced many rule changes, engines, downforce packages and so on. He is one of the very few drivers who can help Williams developing the new Williams FW-40.

Massa makes sense in some respects but surely it would have made sense to streat bringing in new blood may be it's his experience they are after rather than a realistic shot at a major point haul. With Dick de Beers and Paddy Lowe waiting in the wings may be there is a game plan to start development and a seasoned pro like Felipe would certainly add to the mix.

Sometime's it what is not being said is more significant than what is public knowledge but the fact it is a one year deal for Felipe imply's this is stop gap for something far more significant happening in 2018 watch this space I guess.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back