RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Ahhh Brno, how I hate thee.
I
All things considered I consider this night a success, personally. From the club perspective, I think it was an outstanding race - lots of action, very few DNFs.

Qual: If memory serves me correctly, this was my first pole position qual. effort with RD - in any class. Definitely unexpected, just barely beat out Sam. I think I had a 1:58.9 to his 1:59.0 - very close.

Race 1: P1 lasted all of about 0.75 seconds as Sam shot past in his Saleen at the start. I guess the Aston is a little light in the britches off the line :) I settled into P2 for the first lap - no one was really pushing it (which was definitely smart on this track) for the first lap so we could get the tires up to temp. It was me Sam who said "let's go" over teamspeak. My car felt like it was on rails early on and I was ready to bring the fight to you :) Unfortunately in the early laps I made a series of small but costly mistakes (dropping a wheel while looking at telemetry, losing the rear end a bit while looking in the rearview, etc.) which caused me to drop back. It was capped off by me catching an unexpected tow up the hill approaching the final left-right, and pushing off into the grass. I think this put me at around P5 at which point I foolishly decided to abandon tire conservation. This locked me in a battle with I believe Stefan and Rhys for a good stint, and eventually I was able to pass Rhys to settle in P4. I tried like the dickens to catch Stefan but as the race wore on it seems like he was able to keep his tires in good shape and I was forced to accept my fate and focus on keeping the nose straight ahead. Finished in P4.

Race 2: Started in P5, got a little better start but not by much. I do not believe I lost any positions and settled in behind Bill K. I'm not sure if it was just me or not, but Bill was warping around the track quite a bit. As we entered T2 on L1 it appeared that he lost it and drifted wide into the grass, setting me up for an inside pass. Of course, I almost had a heart attack as his car warped from outside in the grass to right in front of me on the inside line. Envisioning a catastrophic accident which collected the entire back half of the field, I swerved into the grass and parked it and waited for everyone to pass. I don't know where his car really was, but he definitely had a "Matrix" moment :) So I went from P5 to P12 in two corners and decided to try and be as smooth and steady as possible to conserve my front tires. I was slowly able to maneuver my way up and found myself in P5 again chasing Stefan and Rhys. The top 4 of Sam, Dave, Rhys, and Stefan were very close for several laps, and I was able to get join the pack after a few laps. Stefan and Rhys had a moment which allowed me to jump up to P3, and I went to work chasing down Dave. I could only knock off 0.2 sec or so a lap - not enough to catch him by the end. He must have had a bit of excitement though, as all of a sudden I was right on his tail with I think 4 or 5 laps to go. I was eventually able to sneak past as he went wide and I tried to catch Sam but to no avail. Just had no more tires left for the last couple laps and finished in P2.

Great races guys, I bet a lot of this action could make for great replays. I think I'll watch them later on this evening :) See everyone next week!

Most of my practice was completed in the Aston. On the day of the race I started looking at the other cars and found I could beat the DB9 with the Viper. I found it about as nice to drive and it had a nice sound! Icouldn't find a way out of the tire problem with any car. Staying on track coming out of corners was the bigest problem, hitting apexes was next. These three problems hurt me.

R1: Greatly enjoyed the start as I got good traction and moved up thru the lap with Bill N behind me. From then on it went downhill, all those faster than me that I had passes and those that had first lap "problems" caught and passed me as the race went on. First Glenn presented himself in the mirrors and passed on L4, then Claudio on L6 only to spin soon afterwards. Bill K finally caught me on L10 and got by as I ran over the curbs coming onto the uphill straight. That was when I asked if the grid would be flipped for R2 and decided to slow drastically so I could start at the back of the pack. Sam lapped me on L14 and on the same lap I took off my front end and limped to the pit so I could finish the race.

R2: Good traction off the line again and a great start to T1, moving up to P6[something wrong here]. Everything will straighten out soon though. Claudio passes me on L2, then Corey who then goes off. I am really having troubl this race, I haven't changed anything but I'm having a much tougher time hitting apexes. Rubber seems to just roll off the tires as I apply power and I'm really holding back on the power just to stay within the curbs! Bill N and Corey are having a battle as they come up on me in L9, I have nothing for them and they're by me in the last turn on. On L9 Glenn goes by and on L11 Stefan, I can only spectate! I watch the track map to monitor Eric and run off some smooth laps hoping to minimize the tire wear and stay on track. XD is telling me that I'm running on rims and it feels like that's all the grip I have. Eric finally runs me down and passes near the end of L15 but I repass him on the front straight.

Last turn and my engine sputters, I'm out of gas[and tires] as I hit the front straight, coasting to the line.

Thanks to RD and the guys that got the server up and running!

As I said before, we raced F1s at Monza and if there are cars that bottom out they would be it:)

Yeah i took part in an f1 event there and everything was fine, which is why the DTM problem seemed so strange to me! Anyway, i tried it with full ride height/packers and it wasn't too bad, a bit bouncy, but should be ok. My setup was probably all wrong the last time!

This track surprised and with the close and clean racing done by all it was a blast. It was quite the challenge to drive this track successfully while displaying patience and aggression. Corey that "lets go" was highlarious. I, like others, took the first lap easy to let things get warmed up. Going down the second straight I heard the "lets go" and took it to heart. Hearing your v12 was a trying experience as the howl produced from that engine annoys me. That just fueled my fire to take it to the limit and see what the S7 had in it. What a pleasantly surprising event at a track that is very very difficult to drive.

I agree that some of the replays could make a great movie. What do you guys use to make them as I would like to make an attempt at a little one. I could make a little movie for myself that would show how not to pass ( Stefan at Mosport and Riverside ), how to almost pass (Stefan at brno), and how to make a pass.

Usually there is a little discussion after the event on teamspeak regarding the next venue. We didnt have one last night so I will put forth my 2 cents now as I have unfinished business at my favorite track. Mosport! But Oschers might be entertaining with these cars. Then there is SPA, and Road America, and Laguna Seca, and Mid Ohio, and the list goes on and on and on.

See you all next monday!!!

FormulaProRacingclubflyersmall.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT F1
Mod:
Mak-Corp Formula 1 2007

Track: Sepang -> download
Weather: Dry

Start Time: 19:00 GMT
Practice: 15 minutes (server will be up during the day for people to practice on)
Qualification: Superpole 10 minutes
Warmup: 10 minutes
Race: 2 x 15 laps (Mandatory pitstop in both races)
Note: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

All race results can be found here -> results

There wont be a formal signup. Just post in this thread if you want to drive and with which car.

Entrylist

1. Senad Subasic
  2. Bob Miley
  3. Nigel Atkins
  4. Bob Hutchins
  5. James Chesters
  6. Hugo Hekkenberg
  7. Michael Herrmann
  8. Werner Van Aswegen
  9. Andrew Bridle
  10. Steve Crossland
  11. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan