rF2 F1 @ Sepang - Malaysia - Sunday 5th April 2009

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Kyle Evers

The race will be 19.00GMT, don't know the other time-zones :)
Have you tried to raise the option in the multiplayer.ini from 400 to 1000?
Concurrent server updates that is.

Well yes I have already done that but I must play as Administrator in order for it to go into effects. But then when I play as Administrator, I can't race at Sepang.

• Kyle Evers

Someone join me in practice again :D.

Oh and I solved the problem as to being able to get the server to come up. I just bookmarked it.

Edit: Off of server.

• Kyle Evers

Who wants to come practice with me? Trying to shave a second or two off of my fastest lap time so far.

• Steve Parker

Can not make it tonight,sorry,so toyota up for grabs

• Kyle Evers

What a waste of life. I spent like 7 hours practicing that track so I could make it 30 laps steadily. But NOOOO.

I was doing fine up until L4. I forget which turn #, but the hairpin turn that is inclined: I downshift too far so I end up in neutral and spin out. I figure no problem, I was doing fine. But then I get stuck on the curb. My car has no clearance on the bottom so there I am stuck on the curb like a seesaw. I try to back up or go forward, but then of course my car overheats in 5 seconds and catches fire. Race over, 10+ hours of practice wasted.

Hope everyone else had fun.

I had fun for 7 laps...

Ran the car light in qualy which of course meant i carried that over to the race aswell. Drove the wheels off the car for the first 7 laps - did a 1:34:2 which was about 4/10ths quicker than my qualy lap and overtook everyone to get into the lead - James and Daniel made mistakes which let me and Ramon past. I then outbrake him into T1 to take the lead. Ramon spun which left me with a 2 or so second gap to James in second, i was still trying to drive quickly though as James was very quick and it was hard to keep the gap the same. Then on T12 i ran over the curb slightly more than i had before which spun the car instantly. This made me slide over the bouncy gravel which didn't really slow the car down much and i slid back onto the track right in time for James to hit me flat out. Weirdly it took my wheel, wing and bargeboard off but his car seemed to take no damage at all. That was the end of my race - i was going to try and get back to the pits to see if i could fix it but i couldn't get out of the gravel. Bit pissed off really, had great pace and was having a good race but an insto spin curb, some bouncy gravel and some weird damage did away with the prospects of a good race.

• Kyle Evers

I saw that crash. That sucked :(. You were doing so well too.

Would of been good had I not binned it at the pen-ultimate turn 3 laps from end. Lost rear wing and had to pit. Suspension damage so I just coasted to 9th.
Qualied P4 but spun in T3 completely unexpectedly for me as I had been through that corner in the same way every lap previously.

On to China then. :damnit:

I had fun for 7 laps...

Ran the car light in qualy which of course meant i carried that over to the race aswell. Drove the wheels off the car for the first 7 laps - did a 1:34:2 which was about 4/10ths quicker than my qualy lap and overtook everyone to get into the lead - James and Daniel made mistakes which let me and Ramon past. I then outbrake him into T1 to take the lead. Ramon spun which left me with a 2 or so second gap to James in second, i was still trying to drive quickly though as James was very quick and it was hard to keep the gap the same. Then on T12 i ran over the curb slightly more than i had before which spun the car instantly. This made me slide over the bouncy gravel which didn't really slow the car down much and i slid back onto the track right in time for James to hit me flat out. Weirdly it took my wheel, wing and bargeboard off but his car seemed to take no damage at all. That was the end of my race - i was going to try and get back to the pits to see if i could fix it but i couldn't get out of the gravel. Bit pissed off really, had great pace and was having a good race but an insto spin curb, some bouncy gravel and some weird damage did away with the prospects of a good race.

Something weird happened at that exact time you just went and i couldnt see you i was like Eh? then i got discod near end. :S

enjoyed that race. i love these f1 cars in this company - great driving through the field!

qualified 8th and made a good start. maybe a little bit too cautious at t1 earnt me a tap in the back which damaged ARB. T3 lost it with cool tyres and the damage and dropped right to the back of the field as too dangerous to rejoin sooner. had some early good scraps with Lewis and Kyle before they both dropped away. Couple of passes on final straight were good, breaking into the last turn was great when you've shot past someone under braking like they are standing still. the performance of the cars are great :)

with the damage it took me about 25 laps to get to grips with the new balance and i started pumping in the low 1:37's mid 1:36's but a wee spin while flicking screens to see gap cost me a chance to close further in on Nigel.

as i said though, all in all i loved it. more points for Heidfeld so he's happy too! lets see what the randomiser throws up for next round. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back