Alright when was that again.....?

F1 needs at least two additional teams to allow new talent to come in.
They also need to go back to some testing, to highlight talent sitting in the wing waiting.

New teams? Not going to happend. New Concorde agreement says new teams have to pay 200 millions to the current grid before they can join. Under these circumstances I see no reason why anyone should join.

After watching Fernando on Amazon I’d like to see Alonso have a Friday practice session. I know that Renault are standing by their young drivers but on a personal level it would be interesting.

Only one thing is certain, Lewis is better than Bottas. But Lewis was beaten by Button. And Vettel was better than Weber. And now Leclerc is better than Vettel. If you align the drivers that way, you could say Weber < Vettel < Leclerc and Bottas < Lewis < Button.

Lewis, is that you? :roflmao:
Donnie T is that you?

Only one thing is certain, Lewis is better than Bottas. But Lewis was beaten by Button. And Vettel was better than Weber. And now Leclerc is better than Vettel. If you align the drivers that way, you could say Weber < Vettel < Leclerc and Bottas < Lewis < Button.

Lewis, is that you? :roflmao:

In reality I think at the highest level the difference in individual driver skill is not that big, the top drivers are not head and shoulders above the ones at the back of the grid. What makes the most difference is the vehicle. But that "extra" a top driver brings is often the missing link in maximising the vehicle performance. So many variables......shame so much is made of Lewis' race on both sides of the argument.

I also think that mental focus plays a huge part in a driver's performance too. A few seasons ago, if Hamilton suffered a set-back in a race, or if things weren't going 100% his way, it was like he just gave up; talked himself out of the race. That's one thing he seems to have grown out of recently.

Vettel is another driver who seems overly controlled by his emotions / state of mind.

I think once you get to the top of your game, when you've trained your body to be as good as it can be, when you've honed your skills as much as possible, psychology will undoubtedly start to show as an area of strength or weakness.

what strikes me as Lewis in midfield is that he is more difficult to get a good result, compared to Max Verstappen.

he gets stressed out on the radio and gets stressed again.

with his current team merc rocketship.. and when he starts on P1 he never gets stressed.

About his teammates ....

Bottas just isn't good enough! everyone agrees ... with Button and Rosberg he had a lot more trouble and now with his unbeatable package and not changing the rules ... until 2022.

what I said before, why did the FIA not intervene earlier as it has always done after a number of years in F1 history? next year the same Merc is a Lewis show.

For me @ Lewis he is a good driver but we only know the best when the rest, especially Max and Le Clerc, can compete with him for the Wdc. Max managed to catch up with playful ease. We see it in Brazil if hey have a very good car in a weekend.

with the help of the FIA to merc, the rules won't change until 2022.

So this man must feel very happy.

Is Lewis going to break Michael's records? yes ... is he the best ever? no ... not for me! Schumacher was more competitive in his time and he went to a weak Ferrari after two world titles.

Above all, Lewis must be a happy man in the right place. Without any competition the others and weak team mate

Last edited:
This weekend he earned 3th place, and 2 penalties.
And what difference has that made really, except for the fact that he now has the drivers behind him as support, even they have said that it's too harsh, and he has raised awareness that the stewards are trying to single him out to spice up races. Now in the scope of the championship it means very little since he still has an enormous lead in points over everyone in the field so it's inconsequential really.

Heck, as he does so well, he has raised awareness because people are now wondering if F1 needs to overhaul the penalty points system. This has been one big mess, and more embarrassment for Formula One, not Lewis.

P.S. the two penalty points were rescinded by the Russian GP stewards so I don't know what to tell you there except that they knew Lewis wasn't at fault because he was told to do what he did so.... sorry? At least there is no finger pointing within the team like some other teams on the grid you might know. Which is why they will continue to decimate the field.

Last edited:
F1 needs at least two additional teams to allow new talent to come in.
They also need to go back to some testing, to highlight talent sitting in the wing waiting.
I disagree when i watched in 90's there where 25 starters. But at the back there was a lack of talent. Less teams makes it harder to earn a seat or even pay for a seat. So drivers with less talent are less likely to get a drive. F1 is the pinnacle of motorsport. For that reason we need the best drivers in the world taking the seats. Or rich mediocre drivers paying their way in. More slower drivers at the back just filling up the grid will cause accidents and drama. There is enough congestion in F1 at the mid and back of the pack.

European tracks feel very slow and focus mainly on long twists and straights whilst north american Tracks seem to focus on speed and tight cornering more action packed racing

i recently noticed with playing modded tracks but since this is more of a general question i am posting it here.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 360 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%