Alright when was that again.....?

... no need to continue the Bottas charade.
I really don't understand this view. Where is the so-called "charade"?

Mercedes has two goals in F1, to win the constructors championship, and to win the drivers championship, in that order. The very best way of doing that when you have a dominant car is to have one stand-out driver to take the drivers championship, and a very decent "second" driver to bring consistent points and ensure the constructors. That is exactly how the Hamilton/Bottas setup is working.

The very worst way to do it is having two stand-out drivers fighting amongst themselves, hampering each others races, and potentially taking each other out on a regular basis. This is exactly what has happened when teams have had two ace drivers in the past. It's surely very good for us to watch, but spectator entertainment is of secondary importance to the teams after performance.

So having Bottas at Mercedes is not a "charade" at all, it is a very sensible and calculated decision to ensure Mercedes' continuing success and dominance of F1. Boring yes, charade no.

As for Russell, I don't think he'll get a look at Mercedes until Hamilton confirms he might be leaving. Why potentially ruin a good thing by bringing a young and hungry driver into the mix? Toto already alludes to allowing Hamilton whatever he wants and needs to stay on top of his game, and I'm sure that includes team dynamics whether either party admits it or not.

But as others have mentioned, we all know that speed and talent has little to do with being in F1 these days. It may be the "pinnacle" of technology, but it certainly doesn't have the pinnacle of racing driver talent. There are at least three drivers we could name right now who have no business being there at all, and should be binned in favour of fresh talent. Perhaps the incoming cost caps will start to help with that as teams become less reliant of pay-drivers, who knows? But as it is now, good drivers are always going to be losing out to mediocre ones until skill becomes the priority.

To be honest Russell did not show anything special during races. He has not been better than Latifi at all.

If Mercedes is planning for Ocon or Russell in the next years, they need to seriously improve their performance.

Last edited:
As much as I like Russell, why do we need to push him into a Mercedes seat as quickly as possible? I'm not denying his pace, as he would be quick, but I would be worried that it would be a Gasly/Red Bull situation where he is dropped for not keeping up with his teammate/pack. Also similar to Ocon's hyped return to Renault.

Also Bottas is a great team mate to Hamilton. Can stay ahead over Verstappen 90% of the time and can secure a 1/2 for the team. Therefore, imo, Russell shouldn't replace Bottas.

Last edited:

Mercedes has two goals in F1, to win the constructors championship, and to win the drivers championship, in that order. The very best way of doing that when you have a dominant car is to have one stand-out driver to take the drivers championship, and a very decent "second" driver to bring consistent points and ensure the constructors. That is exactly how the Hamilton/Bottas setup is working.

The very worst way to do it is having two stand-out drivers fighting amongst themselves, hampering each others races, and potentially taking each other out on a regular basis. This is exactly what has happened when teams have had two ace drivers in the past. It's surely very good for us to watch, but spectator entertainment is of secondary importance to the teams after performance.

So having Bottas at Mercedes is not a "charade" at all, it is a very sensible and calculated decision to ensure Mercedes' continuing success and dominance of F1. Boring yes, charade no.

As for Russell, I don't think he'll get a look at Mercedes until Hamilton confirms he might be leaving. Why potentially ruin a good thing by bringing a young and hungry driver into the mix? Toto already alludes to allowing Hamilton whatever he wants and needs to stay on top of his game, and I'm sure that includes team dynamics whether either party admits it or not.

But as others have mentioned, we all know that speed and talent has little to do with being in F1 these days. It may be the "pinnacle" of technology, but it certainly doesn't have the pinnacle of racing driver talent. There are at least three drivers we could name right now who have no business being there at all, and should be binned in favour of fresh talent. Perhaps the incoming cost caps will start to help with that as teams become less reliant of pay-drivers, who knows? But as it is now, good drivers are always going to be losing out to mediocre ones until skill becomes the priority.
Excellent post @Goffik Nail on head mate.

Well said...

Everybody wants Lewis out of the sport, but that man doesn't owe Verstappen, Russel or anyone else one damned thing. Lewis needs to stay for another 10 years, and I hope that he does. He's a positive role model image for kids, and for the sport.

I find Lewis' whining about the tires and breathless statements about how "it was really hard out there," as tiresome as the next guy, but you're absolutely right. The only reason I'd like to see Lewis leave is to have more parity in the sport, but that's just being selfish. It's also easy to forget that he didn't leave McLaren to get the best car. He left McLaren for the promise of the best car. He gambled and won.

He's always the first to give Bottas a fist bump when Bottas beats him to pole. He always compliments the team and the "best fans." He almost never makes a mistake on track or any real mistake off of it. And at the time he was absolutely right in calling Max "a dickhead." I suppose someone could disagree with his politics. Overall, he is basically the perfect F1 driver. What else could you want?

The problem is that there are only 10 teams of 2. Unless you have big sponsors or are a factory you need help. What I don't understand is what Kevin and Romain bring to the Haas team. Checo would be perfect there unless it's political (Haas probably Republican and the old "build The Wall"). Maybe Checo's backers are keen on signing up with an American team. Beats me but Russell is Alonzo like at the start of his career at Minardi. Russell is good...very very good. Someone in the U.K. needs to come to the rescue with some big $$.

I find Lewis' whining about the tires and breathless statements about how "it was really hard out there," as tiresome as the next guy, but you're absolutely right. The only reason I'd like to see Lewis leave is to have more parity in the sport, but that's just being selfish. It's also easy to forget that he didn't leave McLaren to get the best car. He left McLaren for the promise of the best car. He gambled and won.

He's always the first to give Bottas a fist bump when Bottas beats him to pole. He always compliments the team and the "best fans." He almost never makes a mistake on track or any real mistake off of it. And at the time he was absolutely right in calling Max "a dickhead." I suppose someone could disagree with his politics. Overall, he is basically the perfect F1 driver. What else could you want?
Who cares if Lewis complains about his tires or whatever else? It's his job to give the team in the paddock constant information about the car, and it is the teams job to do the same for Lewis. Why do you think that the sport allows drivers to wear communication devices during the race.

News flash! Every driver complains about something on the radio during a race, so I don't even understand why you would even say that at all. Lewis is probably the only driver that never has to have his comments beeped out over the radio during a race. The only people who complain about silly trivial things like that are people who have what seems to be some kind of a personal problem with Lewis in particular. I find it rather strange since every other driver complains but Lewis in particular doing it disturbs you.

Last edited:

RED-BULL-Camaro-Front_.jpg

Supercars CEO Sean Seamer has given a strong hint that Bathurst will indeed host next year’s championship opener.

Mount Panorama was being considered as the host of the first event of 2021 due to the move of the Superloop Adelaide 500 away from its traditional position and the doubt over the internationally-focused Bathurst 12 Hour event, which Supercars owns.

Speaking from the circuit as part during the Gala Awards presentation after the 2020 Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000, Seamer stated that those in attendance would return in around four months’ time.

Who cares if Lewis complains about his tires or whatever else? It's his job to give the team in the paddock constant information about the car, and it is the teams job to do the same for Lewis. Why do you think that the sport allows drivers to wear communication devices during the race.

News flash! Every driver complains about something on the radio during a race, so I don't even understand why you would even say that at all. Lewis is probably the only driver that never has to have his comments beeped out over the radio during a race. The only people who complain about silly trivial things like that are people who have what seems to be some kind of a personal problem with Lewis in particular. I find it rather strange since every other driver complains but Lewis in particular doing it disturbs you.
Actually, I like Lewis a lot and have a tremendous amount of respect for him as a person. I think he is an excellent ambassador for the sport. I would be very happy if my children grew up to be like Lewis Hamilton.

Who cares if he complains about it? That's a fair question. I guess my complaint is that he often complains and then it ends up not being a problem. It seems like he complains so that he can appear particularly heroic when he gets through the race, despite the problem. Of course, it's also possible that he does it to bluff the other teams, which I would understand.

But if that's the biggest complaint about him then I guess he's doing OK. Unlike Senna and Schumacher, he's never wrecked anyone to secure a championship (whether they did or not I suppose is up for debate, but you can't even allege that Lewis has). And he owns up to his mistakes when he does wreck someone like the incidents with Albon.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 486 39.1%