Alright when was that again.....?

Bottas is perfect for Mercedes setup. They don't want anyone rocking the boat for Hamilton. He picks up the necessary points to win constructors. They have no need to replace Bottas what so ever.

F1 has had its share of Donkeys racing through out its entire existence. No idea why people think the F1 Drivers are the top 20 drivers in the world. That's a complete fallacy. This has never been the case.

Being part of Mercedes programme is both the best and the worst thing that happened to George. I mean in the junior series it was obviously helpful, but right now he is sort of blocked by Mercedes. He can't push his career forward and join some team which has competitive car until Mercedes decides to hire him instead of Bottas or Hamilton (if he decides to end his career).

It's sad because he had striking junior career and now has to struggle with unreliable car in formula 1 and may even lose his seat. It's hard to show what you're capable of when your car is only capable of fighting another one from the same team. Hope his career will get back to the right tracks and George will get the chance in some better team. Otherwise he will end up like Wehrlein, which is more painful because he's much more talented.

Last edited:
Russell should be Hamilton’s teammate, which would make Lewis‘ life a lot more difficult. Or... replace Albon at RB, so RB has 2 drivers that can put some pressure on Mercedes. Either way... Russell has to stay in F1... he could become a future WC.

NO! screw RB, they will ruin his career which I think he is better than the brat skillswise, I think out of the young guns he is the best one yet, if that were to happen that he loses his seat, he will go to mercedes for a support driver role until a seat opens up. a shame really as I like both, him and Perez which I think it's a travesty what's going on with him.

I would rather see Checo Perez and George Russell together in Williams. I think Perez will bring the experience, consistency, and points that Williams needs but not at the cost of Russell. Latiffi brings a lot of money to Williams and I don't think that Checo's own sponsors can match that so it's a high unlikely scenario but I believe it will be a good option for Williams.

Williams has no place to go but up.
The fears are rearing their ugly head already.
Patience is not the strong suit of most investment companies.
Checco...yes.
Russell....yes.
Latifi....reserve or sim duties.
He seems like a nice kid but he is not quite yet at F1 level.
Russell and Perez are the only 'fighting chance' for Williams to move the car development forward.
They're the only shot in hell to score any points at the moment.
Get rid of Russell and you lose half of that capability.

Well, maybe the guys at Williams know more than we do.. This might be foreshadowing Hamilton calling it quits at the end of the Season so Russell would leave the team anyway.

Dumbass Lewis finally gone for good, George in a good car, Schumi Jr. and Kimi together at Alfa, Gasly getting a second shot at Red Bull and Ferrari being the laughing stock again;
I'd actually be inclined to give watching F1 another shot after 10 or so years of just reading results and the surrounding kindergarden drama :>

Last edited:
I have to admit I'm a bit of a George-doubter. His junior career was impressive and his qualifying performance has been great in F1, beating Latifi by over half a second on average. But come race day, he just disappears. Not great on starts, and his race pace is not much better than Latifi.

Great drivers in poor cars can occasionally find ways to drag their car where it doesn't rightfully belong and make something unexpected happen. Russel just doesn't seem to do that

I'm not worried long term, it'd be crazy to let Russell go to the wayside. He might have to sit 2021 out and do sim work/reserve driver duties (which does suck, I agree), but I think he'll get the big drive for 2022, as Bottas is signed only for 2021 with the team's option to extend, which means Merc is keeping their options open. I believe it's either gonna be:

A) Hamilton moves on after winning his 8th Championship in 2021. Merc's new team will be Bottas and Russell.

or

B) Hamilton stays on for at least 2022 (to set the record at 10 WDC and 100+ wins lol) and they move Russell into Bottas' seat to have Lewis mentor him as his eventual successor. As for Bottas, they might do a Kimi/Charles type of swap and Bottas goes back to Williams, who would jump at the chance to have him help with car development.

NO! screw RB, they will ruin his career which I think he is better than the brat skillswise, I think out of the young guns he is the best one yet, if that were to happen that he loses his seat, he will go to mercedes for a support driver role until a seat opens up. a shame really as I like both, him and Perez which I think it's a travesty what's going on with him.
What career? He has been driving with a car that is not really helping his career. And there aren’t too many seats in F1 that allow you to win races or even better, a WC. If Russell is really that good (which I believe he is), he needs a better car and a better teammate. Driving besides Lewis or Max, will mean he will have both. And all this nonsense about RB ruining careers of drivers... if you are really a top driver, you will also succeed at RB. Look at Vettel, Ricciardo and now Max. Kvyat, Gasly and Albon are just not good enough.

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "Appie Kuipers, publicación: 3276157, miembro: 136"]
Nadie. ¿Por qué? Todos miran lentos detrás de Max, inútil para reemplazarlo. Nombre un conductor que pueda seguirle el paso a Max, excepto Hamilton.
[/CITAR]
Hilton se queda corto. Verstappen con un coche 8 decimasmas lento y tiene un ritmo similar (un poco menos Verstappen). eso tiene que decir de Hamilton y más de Bottas.

I would rather see Checo Perez and George Russell together in Williams. I think Perez will bring the experience, consistency, and points that Williams needs but not at the cost of Russell. Latiffi brings a lot of money to Williams and I don't think that Checo's own sponsors can match that so it's a high unlikely scenario but I believe it will be a good option for Williams.

Checo main sponsor is Carlos Slim, world's 12th wealthiest person according to Forbes, that's a lot of money for Williams to pass if he can get both Lattifi's and Checo's money.

Edit: it's also the reason why Checo to Haas was never going to happen, there's a lot of bad blood between Slim and Gene Haas for past incidents with Slim backed drivers.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 323 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years