F1 2011 F1 Reiza by GSC is a lot better than F1 2011 by Codies

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I'm not going to offend Codemaster's hard work (f1 2010 and 2011) nor am I going to publicize anything here, but sincerely after more than one year of continuous playing of f1 2010 and till now f1 2011, I have to admit the following:

Game Stock Car DLC F1 Reiza is a lot better than f1 2011 by Codemasters due to following reasons:

F1 Reiza (GSC DLC) offers a real and more sim focused experience over f1 2011:
better handling, FFB feeling, more realistic graphics but only with GSC ENBSeries HDR v1.0.1 installed, better sense of speed, better engine sounds, amazing and much more challenging AI!

I'm enjoying this game a lot more than f1 2011 simply because it's really AMAZING!

I don't need too look at those girls walking around the bus in f1 2011 main menu screen, I need to enjoy the real formula 1 experience. I'm quite sure anybody who already played reiza dlc by game stock car will agree with me.

:)

F1 2011 isn't marketed as a pure sim, so if you came to this game looking for a sim you went to the wrong place.

As for me, I don't have as much fun with GSC as much as I do with F1 2011 or Project C.A.R.S. (which I rate fairly highly for an alpha game), so on my personal list it's behind those games.

I'm quite sure anybody who already played reiza dlc by game stock car will agree with me.:)

Yep best Formula 1 car I have ever driven is in GSC. Cars feel more realistic compared to F1 2010/2011. But don't forget that GSC is targeted at simracers only and CM's F1 series need to reach a lot larger audience.

But purely based on gameplay, immersion and physics I have to agree with you. Like the Formula 3 cars even more in that game :)

not sure i understand your question.. what do you mean?

What I mean is: At the moment (?) there is one original F1 track and one car (yes, there is a skin pack, but it's the same car).
Sure, that's cool, but this is not really an alternate for a "F1 game".

Is there a chance that there will be more tracks and cars?
And what can I do? Just driving hot laps or also races/championships?

What I mean is: At the moment (?) there is one original F1 track and one car (yes, there is a skin pack, but it's the same car).
Sure, that's cool, but this is not really an alternate for a "F1 game".

Is there a chance that there will be more tracks and cars?
And what can I do? Just driving hot laps or also races/championships?

There are both single player championship and single race (plus test day) as well! The fact that you have got only one f1 car means nothing to me simply because in my opinion there is no need to ''completely'' simulate unequal cars performance like it happens in real life. It's boring to see Vettel winnings all the time because of his car and Massa's 5th place being an horrible driver that doesn't deserve it! Belive me you get more overall fun with all cars equal in terms of performance but with different skins!

As for the tracks, well there are more than 13 + some different variations of them. It is true that you don't get all f1 2011 season's tracks unfortunatelly, but you can test something different and try to learn best racing lines on tracks newer seen before in f1!

Yep best Formula 1 car I have ever driven is in GSC. Cars feel more realistic compared to F1 2010/2011. But don't forget that GSC is targeted at simracers only and CM's F1 series need to reach a lot larger audience.

But purely based on gameplay, immersion and physics I have to agree with you. Like the Formula 3 cars even more in that game :)

me too! ;) they are even harder to drive and more fun!!!

As for the tracks, well there are more than 13 + some different variations of them. It is true that you don't get all f1 2011 season's tracks unfortunatelly, but you can test something different and try to learn best racing lines on tracks newer seen before in f1!

Ok, thx. I'll give it a try. But is there a chance to get the original tracks in the future like in rfactor or is this not possible with GSC?

Edit: And what about driving assists to learn the game?

Thats a common misconception. You dont learn a game better with driving aids. On the contrary I'd say: you dont learn anything using them as it flaws the physics of the car.

Best is to go for the real deal from the start (in any racing game) and you will see you learn to drive the cars a lot faster. But all sim racing games have driving assists in case you wish to use them.

The tracks however are limited to some native brazilian ones (some ex - f1 tracks from the past) but to be honest i find that really refreshing as I have never driven them before in my life..

Maybe better to move this topic to the GSC forums?

Thank you. I'll have a look into this :)
Anyway, unfortunately I have no racing wheel right now, just a gamepad. So that's why I don't know if I can handle this game - especially without driving aids.

Yeah but it will lose the quality of the tracks. GSC tracks are one of the best and if you straight convert tracks from rfactor to GSC you would not have the same quality. And that is was Reiza wants. Quality over quantity.

Stop doing those stupid comparisons, it's ridiculous! It's like comparing a freezer with a microwave. Both games are good in different ways. I love them both. CSC is pure sim while F1 2011 is a game. Both have pros and cons, for example even if GSC has amazing handling it doesn't represent the F1 rules. There aren't actual F1 tracks, except Sao Paulo. There's no dynamic wheather, there're no KERS and DRS. On the other side F1 2011 has a bit arcady handling but it's real fun to race with clean racers.

PS: The best thing that F1 2011 has is the tyre rule which is hard linked with the new Pirelli tyres and this makes the whole fun. Racing strategy, ability to save tyres, etc. For me GSC is made to race with Stock Cars, not with F1 cars. F1 2011 - long races with strategy / GSC - short/sprint races with hard pushing all the time.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 279 13.5%