• richardbolton

Podium :
1-) Button
2-) Barrichello
3-) Truli

Pole Position : Button

Fastest Lap : Button

First DNF : Massa

Cant see anyone competing with Brawn at the moment...

Hehe no - because despite making your 'prediction' after the race, you still got the result wrong ;)

2rdulhk.png

Round 1 - Australia
--

Damian Dainhumain: 7
Lewis Owen: 7
Lewis Fergusson: 7

Rhys Gardiner: 5

Mark Birney: 3

Richard Kay: 2
123456789aa: 2
Richardbolton: 2
Eric Tozer: 2
Ben Tusting: 2
Niklas Vesterinen: 2

Andreas Hultgren: 0
Andy Marsden: 0
Peter Bartfai: 0
Resi Respati: 0
Omer Said: 0
Max-Yvan Liegrace: 0
Myles Thomas: 0
Dave Stephenson: 0
Daniel Plaikner: 0
Brad Johnson: 0
JEarnoWEldonL: 0
ricardo_rosset: 0
Rob Goldthorpe: 0
Hannu Karesola: 0
kalniel: 0
Sander Hogendoorn: 0

Petr Kantor: -100

(please correct me if I've got anyone wrong).

Done :)

I think the points scheme is very harsh - you only get points for getting it exactly right! Next year I'll have to suggest a different one ;)

PS I hope all those with moderator powers are honourable enough not to silently edit their predictions :p

:question:

The original rules stated that predictions had to be made before midnight Friday... Did I make the prediction after Friday? :struggle:

The time quoted was 00:00 Friday which is midnight before Friday morning so that it was not possible to make predictions after seeing FP1 or 2. Not sure how that rule will work at Monaco though. They run FP1 and 2 on Thursday there.

So your entry was late, according to the original rules. What you are thinking abut is 00:00 Saturday.

The time quoted was 00:00 Friday which is midnight before Friday morning so that it was not possible to make predictions after seeing FP1 or 2. Not sure how that rule will work at Monaco though. They run FP1 and 2 on Thursday there.

So your entry was late, according to the original rules. What you are thinking abut is 00:00 Saturday.
That's what I understood as well (also by the comments on the first round which said we shouldn't take results after practise). I suggest we just change the wording to 'make your predictions before first practise'.

But if anyone wants to do different then just take it on and make it clear - I only started because no-one else was doing anything.

Rule clarification (at least until someone else steps in): Predictions have to be made before first practise.

This avoids the situation for Monaco where friday is a day off so they practise early :p

--
Round 2 results

Lewis Fergusson: 8
richardbolton: 8

Resi Respati: 7
Keith Peppiatt: 7

Kyle Evers: 5
Richard Kay: 5

123456789aa: 3

Lewis Owen: 2

Peter Bartfai: 1

Ross McGregor: 0
kalniel: 0

The decision to take a gearbox change for Barrichello clearly threw a couple of people expecting the wet weather master to come good. Then a race with unusually mild rain before the deludge which caused an early end and confusing results as those that pitted at the wrong time found themselves out of the running means only those who picked button grabbed the points - the weighting of the scoring system rendering most placings outside of the winner/pole rather insignificant.

Standings so far

Lewis Fergusson: 15
richardbolton: 10
Lewis Owen: 9
Damian Dainhumain: 7
Richard Kay: 7
Resi Respati: 7
Keith Peppiatt: 7
123456789aa: 5
Rhys Gardiner: 5
Kyle Evers: 5
Eric Tozer: 2