F1 Postponed Until May At Earliest - IndyCar Until April

The panic is mostly media created. Also the fear of the unkown since it's a new strain. Still not sure what's up with the toilet paper hoarding. I can buy a 12 roll mega pack and it will last for months. Some people must really :poop: a lot.

Can you imagine the panic / pandemonium if the world wide media were to publish daily reports and statistics of world wide cases of dysentery across the globe in a similar manner (including death rates from it). :rolleyes:

The panic is way disproportionate to the dangers of the virus. Unless there's something we all don't know. Either way, FIA and other governing bodies are acting like it's a zombie apocalypse and not something milder than a seasonal flu.
Sounds like you know a lot of things people responsible for public health dont know anything about.
Very convincing.:thumbsup:

What's seemingly more worrying for me is that i haven't got word on how the Super GT bosses in Japan will handle this, I heard the Goodsmile Racing Team were at Okayama yesterday.

What's seemingly more worrying for me is that i haven't got word on how the Super GT bosses in Japan will handle this, I heard the Goodsmile Racing Team were at Okayama yesterday.
Well, they have completed at least two full test session(i believe with all GT500 teams) so far at March 14th, just without spectators.

All these cancellations of racingseries around the world, can't be healthy to mankind at all.
Do I have to go to work on monday without gaving my dose of MotoGP, F1, Indycar etc? I don't think I can handle this anymore....

back on topic: Ross Brawn is quoted in German media speculating about cramming the August break with 3 races on back to back weekends, each event maybe shortened to two days. He is quoted as saying: "We might be able to do 17 races after all."

and never forget: it's about your grandmother / mother, not about yourself.
Yeah better ask the hoarding idiots in the shops if they really think this attitude does help others.
Haha the danish medias are telling that a woman with 2 completely filled shopping carts with napkins was screeming to other customers that she had a right to this because she had 2 children at home.:roflmao:

Glad that so far in the small place I live in, people have been rather lethargic, but both my kids report what you describe from the big cities they live in. Scratches head.
edit: forgot that ketchup was sold out last week, but that was probably just a fluke, I mean- ketchup?

The panic is way disproportionate to the dangers of the virus. Unless there's something we all don't know. Either way, FIA and other governing bodies are acting like it's a zombie apocalypse and not something milder than a seasonal flu.
I live in Italy and I can tell you in first person PEOPLE DIE. But it seems like in Europe they are not taking it too seriously. I would suggest you to search for Bergamo, Northern Italy, on Google and look for the video of the coffins in the chapel of the cemetery or the pages of the local newspaper full of obituary pages. People die of this virus, people who have a weak immune system, mostly, not only elder people. Even young people end up to ICU, intubated. BoJo in UK, for example, is a fool believing in the "herd immunity", but if he's wrong (and he is), he will see coffins everywhere and people in ICUs in every hospital of UK. This is not a strong pathogenic virus, but it spreads fast and will kill whoever is weaker and keeping it too long among the population, thanks to the "herd imminuty" BS, this virus could mutate itself, becoming more pathogenic. Human stupidity...
Apologies for the length... but it's serious. It's not a joke.

I still - by dint of habit - go to the sports page of my preferred news provider, but there is now nothing left other than discussions about whether the Olympics will take place or not. Oh yes, and they are still boxing in London. Wonder when I will kick the habit. This is sports-news detox in its harshest form.

It is hard for series to move to esport events during the break as currently you need to get competitors in the same place with the same equipment to ensure equality.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back