F1: Palmer Retained by Renault as Haas Look to Snag Magnussen

Dude, chill jeez. Calling someone a crap driver without even having driven a F1 car before, even worse a F1 driver, which I highly disagree (once again) on that claim of Nasr being a bad driver, is a little bit extreme don't you think.

The last message is a note on the less prestigied driving prospects we have in Brazil. Since I don't put neither Pedro Piquet or Pietro in F1 nowhere in a thousand years.

And my whole point is the fact that after nearly 50 years of F1, we might have the first drought of Brazilians drivers in F1. And that sucks. And if you think Brazil is not a big deal in F1, ask Bernie and the number of titles we have in F1, we only lose to the GB and Germany in titles per nation.

It would be a shame to have no Brazilians on the grid, it's a country with rich history in racing. However I'm not willing to see average-not very good Brazilians race in F1 just because they are Brazilian. If they can't cut it, they shouldn't be in F1.

I will be extremely critical of a driver if I don't feel like they are performing. Nasr hasn't performed, same with Palmer and Kvyat for example. Nasr is being beaten by Ericsson, who isn't very good himself.

But considering that Palmer had to beat Mclaren driver 2017 Stoffel Vandorne and Felipe Nasr to become World Champion in GP2

After four seasons in GP2, in the best team. Stoffel was competiting in his debut season. Experience does matter in junior formula.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,

This might be even worse then the whole Trump thing,

I love the Hulk and hate Damm Joylon, he's like Vettel 2.0, Bad loser, language problems, only thing that sperarates Vettel from Palmer is that Vettel can actually drive.

Where's the winner rating when you need it ;)

Palmer is just a patch for Renault, the driver they where after was Bottas or Sainz. In case of Sainz he has bad luck his management is done by Redbull themselves. Kevin is totally right in turning the offer down when you can sign a better deal somewhere else.

Kevin might be wrong though to refuse the offer, Renault could be the big surprise for next year. They have something up their sleeve at the engine department. They will come with a complete new engine with a slightly different concept and will also implement the pre chamber ignition as far as I understood. They expect to make a similar step as they have done for the 2015 season.

I think Hulk might have made a mighty move here to go to the Renault Factory team. I am really interested to see what they can do with a better Renault engine. Their current engine is already not that bad anymore as RBR has been showing this year and a good engine with own build chassis should surely catapult them higher on the ladder for next year. Let alone what Redbull can do with an engine that is not behind on their competitors:confused:

I love the Hulk and hate Damm Joylon, he's like Vettel 2.0, Bad loser, language problems, only thing that sperarates Vettel from Palmer is that Vettel can actually drive.
???
Wtf are you talking about ?
Palmer is like Vettel, curse all the time and he's a baaad loser ?
Where did you read that, I always though he's among the nicest.
Vettel 2.0 ? More like Button 2.2. :D

And, mate, it's not "Joylon".
Which... makes me think that you probably don't know what you're talking about. :unsure:

???
Wtf are you talking about ?
Palmer is like Vettel, curse all the time and he's a baaad loser ?
Where did you read that, I always though he's among the nicest.
Vettel 2.0 ? More like Button 2.2. :D

And, mate, it's not "Joylon".
Which... makes me think that you probably don't know what you're talking about. :unsure:

Palmer whinges. He was whinging about Renault not enforcing team orders when he couldn't pass Magnussen for example

Kevin Magnussen made a mistake in turning down the offer to stay at the Renault F1 team next year, reckons his teammate Jolyon Palmer.

Magnussen said on Friday that he could have stayed at the French squad next year, but felt that the one-year deal he was offered was not good enough.
The Dane's decision meant Palmer was retained to drive alongside Nico Hulkenberg next year.
Although the British driver benefited from Magnussen's decision, Palmer admitted he was surprised the Dane had turned down the offer.
Magnussen has joined Haas on what is believed to be a two-year deal, but Palmer thinks the move is a mistake.
"I'm surprised to hear that, to be honest," said Palmer on Magnussen's decision. "I think if Renault turned to Kevin, he's made a mistake to turn it down, because I think we'll be ahead of Haas next year.
"It's a manufacturer team going places. I think, if you get to Red Bull for one year, it's better than going for Toro Rosso for two years.
"I'm not sure if that's definitely the case, but I don't care because I'm in the seat for next year so nothing changes for me."

When asked about Palmer's comments, Magnussen said: "I think he should be happy that I left."
:O_o:

What a ** does that even mean ?
This Magnussen turns out to be a pretty big **.

He means he was the more likely to get the seat out of him and Palmer and therefore Palmer gets to stay because he chose to leave thereby making Renault's decision for them.

I thought it was pretty obvious who to keep out of the pair so his comments made perfect sense. As does his move to Haas, it may be slower but at least you know you are not a stop-gap driver.

Really not convinced KMag has made the right choice. Let's hope for his sake that Haas don't have the common new team problem that the second year is not as good as the first because they had to design the next car while running this year's one.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 321 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.5%