F1 | Niki Lauda Named Personality of the Year at FIA Awards

The late, great Niki Lauda has posthumously been awarded 'Personality of the Year' at the recent end of season FIA prize giving award ceremony.

Voted for by the Formula One racing permanently accredited media, former three-time World Champion and AMG Mercedes F1 non-executive Director Niki Lauda has been recognised with the award for 'Personality of the Year' - a fitting final award for the highly decorated and ever controversial former Grand Prix driver following his passing earlier this year.

Never one to shy away from sharing his opinion, both during his driving career and later in various management roles within the Formula One community, the world of motorsport is a lesser place now that the last Austrian World Champion is no-longer in it - one of the last true greats.

If you have something to say about the world of Formula One racing, why not start a thread in the RaceDepartment Formula One sub forum and get the community conversation started!

Last edited:
RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief, occasional YouTuber, commentator and broadcaster, with a passion for motorsport on both the real and virtual racetrack.

Haiden773

100RPM
When men pretending to be women get to be "woman of the year", it's a "logical" step to present "personality of the year" to a dead person; whose personality, by definition, doesn't exist anymore.

Awards in this day and age are nothing but virtue signaling.
Actually, the only requirement is to have lived at some point during the year. You don't have to be alive at the time of the award. How is that not understood?

GTSpeedster

100RPM
Actually, the only requirement is to have lived at some point during the year. You don't have to be alive at the time of the award. How is that not understood?
"To be awarded this... award... the only requirement we have is that you must have lived at some point during the year. If you did die before being awarded this... award... that's cool".

Least we ignore that personality is created with the birth and ends with the death.

Haiden773

100RPM
"To be awarded this... award... the only requirement we have is that you must have lived at some point during the year. If you did die before being awarded this... award... that's cool".

Least we ignore that personality is created with the birth and ends with the death.
So does life itself, but we still celebrate the lives of great people that are no longer living, don't we?

Slapped

50RPM
Yes, let’s celebrate life by ignoring actual achievements of everyone still alive and instead focus on a dead person who’s sole achievement during the year was to die.
In the future that'll probably be your sole achievement during a year. And that will probably be true for most everybody.

Niki achieved a hell of a lot in his life, way more than what 99.9999999% of people achieve. What have you achieved, other than coming across as a total... well I think you get the idea.

GTSpeedster

100RPM
In the future that'll probably be your sole achievement during a year. And that will probably be true for most everybody.

Niki achieved a hell of a lot in his life, way more than what 99.9999999% of people achieve. What have you achieved, other than coming across as a total... well I think you get the idea.
What Lauda has achieved in his life could/should have been a case for a life achievement award back when he was alive. Not "Personality of the Year". Because there is neither personality nor noteworthy public achievements in the year.

I can easily recognize that this Award was merely given to virtue signal to low IQ individuals who can't even read and comprehend the obvious. Which is already more than you can do... as far as achievements go.

Last edited:

Slapped

50RPM
What Lauda has achieved in his life could/should have been a case for a life achievement award back when he was alive. Not "Personality of the Year". Because there is neither personality nor noteworthy public achievements in the year.

I can easily recognize that this Award was merely given to virtue signal to low IQ individuals who can't even read and comprehend the obvious. Which is already more than you can do... as far as achievements go.
Oh dear, watching you post is like watching a train wreck in slow motion - a morbid curiosity for me if you will.

I honestly wish you well, and I really wish you good luck in life, because quite frankly from what I've read you'll need it.

Top Bottom