Alright when was that again.....?

Being in a F1 car the first time in 9 months, than only a 10th slower as your teammate on such a physical demanding and long track. He did very well.

I too wish he would have started the race, because we could have found out if the Racing Point's lack of pace yesterday was due to the car struggling on long runs or Stroll being back to his old self after a good race in Hungary.

It's not that the value is slowly disappearing, it's that the message clearly isn't getting through, if posts like these are anything to go by.

It's not just about skin colour. It's about the minorities being treated unequally by the priviledged majority.

Someone died because a white police officer knelt on his neck for several minutes in broad daylight. The middle of the street. Murder. And they weren't even going to arrest him for it.

It was like that man's life didn't matter. And it's happened before.

Hence.

Very true, but when an old white man is thrown to the ground, falling with his head on the floor, blood runs out of his ear, this also done by us police, WHERE WERE THE PROTESTERS?

He should concentrate at what is he is good at: Racing.
So no sportsman/woman who's in the public eye should speak out regarding something they feel strongly about.

He demanded other drivers to kneel.
Wrong, he said very publicly that every driver had a choice and that he was continuing so the BLM wouldn't be forgotten.

Racism will never solved/ended
On that we can agree, but it doesn't mean it should be accepted and every opportunity taken to eradicate it.

Very true, but when an old white man is thrown to the ground, falling with his head on the floor, blood runs out of his ear, this also done by us police, WHERE WERE THE PROTESTERS?
Yes a terrible incident buty ou can't just throw out an individual case and set it against a systematic and sustained history of abuse caused by an institutes apparent prejudice.
I would suggest that when you start seeing other groups as less than human, for whatever reason, you're less likely to be sympathetic in your dealings with anyone.
When someone in a position of power tries to justify this attitude we can see where it leads.

...and there's nobody to blame except Ferrari for making crappy cars and even crappier decisions for 5 years (despite having that "Ferrari legacy" clause that gives them more money that most, if not all teams) and Renault for supplying crappy engines to Red Bull for most of that time...at least Honda seems to be making some improvements...

...and there's nobody to blame except Ferrari for making crappy cars and even crappier decisions for 5 years (despite having that "Ferrari legacy" clause that gives them more money that most, if not all teams) and Renault for supplying crappy engines to Red Bull for most of that time...at least Honda seems to be making some improvements...

Yeah, it's been long enough you'd think someone would've gotten it right. Ferrari did in 2018, I guess, but Seb was so broken mentally by the Mercs by then he kept taking crazy risks and threw it all away.

My point, though, it that about halfway through 2016 it became apparent to me that nobody was going to mount a serious challenge and it's not really changed since. Blame is irrelevant. Just what it is.

I too wish he would have started the race, because we could have found out if the Racing Point's lack of pace yesterday was due to the car struggling on long runs or Stroll being back to his old self after a good race in Hungary.

It was the car at fault obviously, Stroll didn't just get better, or neither can you just get worse.

Stroll is doing better because he is in last years Merc....
That is like suggesting that Alonso just suddenly forgot to drive fast when he was at McLaren...

I hate to break it to you...if Lewis was in the Alfa he'd be at the back.....

I rank them on the same level. I have nothing against Barrichello but if he had driven for the same teams as Hulkenberg, he would have a similar record.
By that logic... many other have Rubens genes :cautious:
Aren't say Irvine, Webber, Coulthard,... also in that category ?
All of them pretty good divers but never really a World Champion material ?
And if Button didn't had THAT car... wouldn't he also be in that, Rubens, category ?
Just saying... it's hard to really compare the drivers from different era and especially in regard the machinery they had underneath them.

I dont know where to write this, but has this site changed? navigation is a mess, there's a huge side menu on the left, it works slow, the ease of finding mods by #car #track etc are gone. What happened?

yea he did a good job, but this is pointless as he didnt even had the chance to have a race.

yea sure the whole team and mechanics are focused on their 2 full-time drivers (or maybe just one like in most f1 teams) to make the car drivable all year and you guys expect for a sub to do a better job in that short amount of time?

I think they over played the neck thing too.
Look at Albon he looks like a 12 year old girl (not sexist, i am a girl) yet he can drive these cars without much trouble.

Last year some drivers (including Lewis) were saying modern F1 is too easy, hence why the kids can do it..

So why the drama about Hulks neck?

The bloke won Le Mans (whilst still an F1 driver!) before Alonso made it fashionable...and no one remembers it! (or cares)

I think they over played the neck thing too.
Look at Albon he looks like a 12 year old girl (not sexist, i am a girl) yet he can drive these cars without much trouble.
Last year some drivers (including Lewis) were saying modern F1 is too easy, hence why the kids can do it..
So why the drama about Hulks neck?
The bloke won Le Mans (whilst still an F1 driver!) before Alonso made it fashionable...and no one remembers it! (or cares)
Carlos Sainz says the cars are "spectacular", let me quote him:

“This year's cars are spectacular, it's difficult to explain, I have known the evolution from 2015 to 2020, which is an evolution of almost 10 seconds of time per lap.
I have been able to feel the improvements of an F1 car and how fast we go now in places like Hungary, Silverstone, Spa, Suzuka ... it is something spectacular.

Lap times are very fast. As much as past years' F1s were lighter and more responsive, what really impresses inside a car is how fast you go through a corner, and what matters most is the lap time."

Neither you or I did drive them, he did.
And that... Albon "looks like a girl" part (I bet he hits like a girl too), and I'm pretty sure you referring to his face, so...
what does his face has to do with anything ? He have feminine face lines so he can't be strong - is that what you were saying ? :unsure:

am a girl
single ? :giggle:

:D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years