F1 news from Spain

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
1263200626_0.jpg
The Spanish digital press revealed today two important pieces of news about the next F1 season regarding the nationals involved.

First news is Pedro de la Rosa is about to be confirmed as Sauber driver for next season. Finally Pedro will have the opportunity to race after several years helping McLaren in the development of their cars.
[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]
On the other hand, it seems that Campos GP has huge economical problems and won't be available to compete in 2010 season on their own, so team chiefs are looking for possible investors such as Stefan GP, that would provide the "Toyota package" including the former Williams Japnese driver Kazuki Nakajima.

At this moment it seems Campos can't pay Dallara for their chassis, so we might see "un-official Toyota" racing in 2010.

Personally, I ask myself how professional FOM was when they chose Campos GP, a team owned by Bernie Ecclestones' friends but a team without a structure, instead of Epsilon Euskadi: a team who has F1-like installations in the north of Spain, experience in Le Mans 24hr and a head chief like Joan Villadelprat who has been working in McLaren, Ferrari, Tyrrell and Benetton for 30 years.

Politics.

Euskadi was not allowed because they are Basque? Or is that not longer an item?

I don't think that Epsilon would have the money either. Remember when they choose the teams, everyone thought there would be a limited Budget of around 50 millions or something like that. It never happend that way... If I'm right, the only thing left from those desicions is the cheap cosworth-engine for all new teams.

Bram Hengeveld;468057 said:
Euskadi was not allowed because they are Basque? Or is that not longer an item?

It is, but It's supposed to be for some spanish sponsors that won't like to mix in a political conflict like that.

But for Bernie?, it shouldn't.

• Adrian Kinsella

I think there was some talk about A1GP boss Tony Teixeira being brought on board by Campos the other day.
Probably too late now, but weren't Prodrive in the initial bidding for an expansion slot? They failed to make the grid in 2008 when they had a long lead-in time.
De La Rosa? he's a teenager compared to Michael.:)

But Xosé you have to remeber Adrian Campos have been competing in open wheelers for many years now.

Adrian Campos and his team is maybe more experienced than Epsilon Euskadi in the latest years, I remember Adrian´s team in World Series by Nissan like 10 years ago maybe? So it is not only about being Bernie´s friend. Obviuosly not talking about Joan Viladelprat, it is obvious he is really experienced aswell. But I mean as a team in the last years, Epsilon Euskadi was born way later than all the Adrian Campos teams.

Adrian Campos have demented all the information today, and even the Dallara owners have done the same about the payments. So all is right and Camps Meta is going to start the seasson without problems.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 81 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 314 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 446 39.4%