Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The start date for the second season of the popular F1 series 'Drive to Survive' has been confirmed by Netflix...

... and it is set to air this February 28th.

Produced by Box to Box Films, giving viewers unprecedented access to the world of Formula One, the original Drive to Survive series very quickly proved a hit with both insiders and fans alike, so much so that Liberty Media were quick to sign up the company for a second series - following the Formula One field throughout the highs, and lows of the 2019 Grand Prix season.

The original series, filmed during the 2018 season, would have two significant omissions from the Formula One grid - with both title protagonists Mercedes and Ferrari declining to be involved in the new show. However, for season 2, both teams have granted Netflix full access to their respective championship challenges, potentially opening up some explosive footage from behind the scenes as Lewis Hamilton secured his sixth World Title success - and Ferrari once again found a way to implode when the odds were beginning to look firmly in their favour following the conclusion of pre-season testing.

Drive to Survive Season 2 will air in full HD on the Netflix subscription service, from February 28th 2020.

Drive to Survive Season 2 Release Date Announced.jpg

Last edited:
My biggest takes from last season were that Steiner is a legend and Horner is a bellend.

I hope Ferrari get alot of airtime this season, plenty of drama there while the non-battle between Ham and Bottas was hardly Prost v Senna.

Last edited:
Looking forward to it! I love how this show has even got some people who aren't big racing fans to watch and take interest in F1. A few of my friends who aren't really into racing watched the first season, and I watched it together with my dad!

Jack Nicholls, Ben Edwards, David Croft et al must have been very busy the last month or so, then, re-recording their original commentaries for each race to better suit the narrative of the respective episode.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 209 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%