RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

PC decided to hang soon as R2 started, had to reboot. I just couldnt seem to get in any rythm once the race started, oh well. Pretty interesting opening laps, and i think i might have been able to hold off glenn, but i tried to push it too hard heading into the main straight on l10, touched the grass and next thing i know i've only got 3 wheels. Cant wait for next weeks race

FormulaProRacingclubflyersmall.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT US-F1

Class: 2007 Formula 1 League Edition
Track:
Nürburgring GP
Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:45 EST / 18:45 WST / 01:45 GMT (Sunday)

Practice: open server

Qualification: 15mins (21:45 EST)
Warmup: 10mins
Race: 2x16 laps

Please sign up in following format:

Code:
Driver: Stefan Werner
Car: Williams - Nico Rosberg
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

Well I have to say this was good and bad for me.

First time ever with screen freezes......3 times in Race 2 alone!

I found myself thinking that this is a glorified lapping session rather than a race event. Dunno maybe more guys on the grid would help out too.

My results were 5th and 6th and an overall of 5th. BUt after lap 1 I was never racing anyone and the closest guy behind was 1 or 2 laps down to me by lap 7.

BRutally fast cars but a bit light on the racing part tonight.

TC guys c ya soon!

The Nürburgring is a motorsport complex around the village of Nürburg, Germany. It features a modern Grand Prix race track built in 1984, and a much longer old North loop track which was built in the 1920s around the village and medieval castle of Nürburg in the Eifel mountains. It is located about 70 kilometres (43 mi) south of Cologne, and 120 kilometres (75 mi) northwest of Frankfurt. The old track was nicknamed The Green Hell by Jackie Stewart and is widely considered the toughest, most dangerous and most demanding purpose-built racing circuit in the world. Originally, the track featured four track configurations: the 28.265 kilometres (17.563 miles) long Gesamtstrecke ("Whole Course"), which in turn consisted of the 22.810 km (14.173 mi) Nordschleife ("Northern Loop"), and the 7.747 km (4.814 mi) Südschleife ("Southern Loop"). There also was a 2.281 km (1.417 mi) warm-up loop called Zielschleife ("Finish Loop") or better known as Betonschleife, around the pit area. Between 1982 and 1983 the start-finish area was demolished to create a new GP-Strecke, and this is currently used for all major and international racing events. However, the shortened Nordschleife is still in use, for racing, testing and public access.

For a complete history of the Nürburgring, click here.

Entry List:

1. McLaren - Fernando Alonso: Eric Kaczmarek
  2. McLaren - Lewis Hamilton: Dave Stephenson
  3. Renault - Giancarlo Fisichella: Don Davis
  4. Renault - Heikki Kovalainen: Danny Asbury
  5. Ferrari - Felipe Massa: Will Marquez
  6. Ferrari - Kimi Räikönen: Claudio Caferri
  7. Honda - Jenson Button: driver
  8. Honda - Rubens Barrichello: driver
  9. BMW - Nick Heidfeld: Bob Luneski
  10. BMW - Robert Kubica: Chris Vick
  11. Toyota - Ralf Schumacher: driver
  12. Toyota - Jarno Trulli: driver
  13. Red Bull - David Coulthard: Bill Kaiser
  14. Red Bull - Mark Webber: Eric Dennis
  15. Williams - Nico Rosberg: Stefan Werner
  16. Williams - Alexander Wurz: driver
  17. Toro Rosso - Vitantonio Liuzzi: driver
  18. Toro Rosso - Scott Speed: driver
  19. Spyker - Adrian Sutil: driver
  20. Spyker - Christijan Albers: driver
  21. Super Aguri - Takuma Sato: driver
  22. Super Aguri - Anthony Davidson: driver

What great racing!!!!! More fun than I've had in a long time. My best RD club race result ever!!!! 3rd in both races. I'm just giddy :cool:

Grats to the race winners Will and Chris and a special thanks to Stefan for organizing. Race report to follow after I finish the celebratory drinking binge.

Wow what a fun race tonight!

Q1 - P1 and I improved on my FPWS quali lap by .600. :)

Race 1 - P1 Got a great start off the line and was able to widen the margin and do consistent laps to the finish line.

Race 2 - Got a good start but there were some incidents in front so had to slam on the brakes to stop from running over Mr. Nelson. :) After coming up thru the field. Came up to Bob and had a good battle for a few laps. My pitcrew didn't factor in the slipstream on the main straight so I was topping out as I was starting to get a run. Didn't force the issue as there were times to make a pass on Bob but couldn't do it cleanly so waited and he went wide on one corner and was able to pass and try and track down race leader, Chris. Slowly but surely gained each lap until I was right on him. With 3 laps to go had a chance to setup the slipstream out of the final turn but spun and Chris was able to take the race win! And I finish P2. Great battle Chris and Bob. Nice clean racing. :)

Thanks to Stefan and RD for organizing this event! :)

Yeah Nurburgring is a perfect track combo with these cars. For those that enjoyed Interlagos, Nurby is fast, flowing and forgiving. Not to mention that there will be setups to help the new drivers that are trying out the mod for the first time and to get comfortable with them which will help everyone enjoy the race. :)

A great day at the races for me!:D

Q1: Showed up late, and only got two runs in. I was well off my FPWS times, but qualified 3rd.

R1: A little slow off the line, and very cautious into turn 1. Came out in 5th or so, and then made the run down to turn 4. Was hit from behind on entry into 4, spinning me off track. No damage, but I had to wait for everyone to go by for a safe re-entry. Then I figured, "Oh well, Interlagos is just like that for me, but I'll just go for it!". I started running good consistent laps, and slowly worked my way up from 11th to 2nd. I had a nice battle for a few laps with Bob Luneski before he spun and handed me the spot. Thanks for the clean fight Bob!:wink: Then I was chasing the 2nd place car, and they spun on entry to turn 1, gifting me 2nd place. At that point I was over 30 sec back from Will, so I just took it easy and coasted home to 2nd place. My first podium in quite a while!

R2: Now I was used to starting at the back and working through, so this race was sweet!:D I had a good start, and passed a few folks in the 1-2-3 section as they lost grip, and went off line. I ran good consistent laps, steadily passing those in front. By lap 5 or so, I was up to 3rd, and closing fast when 1st and 2nd came together at turn 1. I dodged the spinning cars, and voila! I am in the lead! The next few laps I spent building a lead over Bob and Will who were dicing for 2nd and 3rd. After Will got by Bob, he started steadily chasing me down. He was about 0.5 sec faster per lap, and closed in on me with about 5 laps to go. I just stayed steady, and applied all the defensive driving techniques that Eric drilled into me.:D Will was all over me, and we were both holding very well. Will was really close coming onto the start finish straight for lap 17, and I lost a bit of grip and almost spun. I figured he'd pass me into turn 1 with such a good draft, and a higher turn exit speed, but then I saw him spin in the same place I almost lost it. Sorry Will, but what a relief!!! Now he was 6 sec down with only three laps left. I stayed focused and kept my pace up to collect my first win of 2010, and my first win in the F1 mod. Overall, tied with Will for 1st (we each had a 1st and a 2nd)!:D My best result in a very long time! After many races this spring spent struggling due to outside influences, my life has calmed down now, and I am driving much better! No stupid trips into the wall. No running into other cars. Just good consistent pace with careful overtaking, and good defense. I am thrilled!:D

Thanks to Will and Bob, and all the other racers for a great fight and a great event! Special thanks to Stefan for setting this all up! I'm looking forward to the next round!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 224 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 155 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 151 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%