RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Great race tonight ... will do my ranking and confidence well if nothing else.

Joined mid-quali but had no setup so just loaded one from another circuit and twiddled a bit ... gears were a bit off but with 15 mins to get the car running it was about the best I could do ... which BTW I thought was not bad (4th or 5th or something in quali).

Had a flyer off the line but lap 1 was messy ... I believe one particular driver who I think must be becoming known for his dodgem car overtaking "style" caused a fair bit of it and nearly sent me into the weeds as part of his antics. Was then back in 6th or something but buckled down and got chasing Nigel and the front guys down.
Gotta apologise to Hugo Gonçalves I believe it was ... I might have braked a bit hard for the hairpin by the VIP stand and he didn't seem to be expecting it so slammed in to my rear end (busting my suspension but not too badly it would seem).
Anyways ... I got Nigel then was catching Nicolas I think it was who decided to pit way early just as I was thinking about the pass (made my life easier :D) ... and I think I was catching up on Remco in 3rd place as I decided it was pit time.
Disastrous pit ... chief mechanic forgot to tell them not to fix all the bent bits, so I was sat there forever.
When I came out I was in 10th or so ... right behind 8th and 9th place ... caught and threaded my way through them as carefully as possible, but after 1 lap I see Nige coming out of the pits right behind us ...
He got past them and then latched on to my bumper ... then we had a fantastic ding dong battle ... hard but fair, coupla knocks but I think each pass we made was fair and square. Enjoyed that more than I have enjoyed any racing for a long time ... thanks bud!
You kept me very honest for the next 15 or 20 minutes, but I was lucky that my setup or driving was kinder to my tyres, so could pull away towards the end (had noticed this in first stint so was hoping for more of the same in 2nd, and it worked).

Anyways ... towards the end I saw the gap to Remco in 3rd tumbling so I pushed harder ... reading up a couple of posts it seems he pushed a bit too hard and landed himself a stop and go - keeping it clean pays off, so Nige and I stormed past in last 10 min's to take 3rd and 4th.

Great racing ... thx to RD and all, big thanks too for the boys being lapped for letting us through without any hassles (Omer ... no need to slow THAT much tho :D).

Moarrr I say :thumbup:

Well as always here at RD I had a ball tonight until I was stopped by a knock on my front door, daughter didn't have her key.

Qualied in 9th, got a good start but so did those in front. All good through T1 and managed to gain a place before the end of the lap. Lap 2 and those behind me made a few moves and 3 off them went by me but before the end of lap 2 I had already regained 2 postions back. On the 3rd lap I had a nice little battle with the guy in front of me until I finally made the move stick and was back upto 8th spot. This is where I settled into for the next lot of laps as I was watching Nigel & Georgio battle it out for 6th place. After about 7or 8 laps both Nigel & Georgio had contact and I was able to get by as they recovered back to track. Now in 6th place I held on until my pitstop which was no lap 20. Nigel pitted on lap 19 and by the time I came out he had jumped me. After the dust had settled I was back to 6th place with Georgio closing the gap slowly. Now on lap 27 and with about 12 more to go, thats what I had estimated the race leanth to be, I had a knocking on my front door which was a distraction & then as I missed my braking point and went off track and hit the barrier which killed my car. Oh well there will always be next time I suppose.

Thanks to Bram for setting this up, thanks to RD & thanks to all that showed to make this a grt event. Grts to all podium winners. :thumbup:

minifriday..jpg

Server Name: RaceDepartment.com MINI
Track: Birubi SouthernCross click here to download
Weather: Dry
Start: 19:00 GMT
Practice: 30 minutes
Qualification: 30 minutes
Race: 80 minutes
Note: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

No sign up list, just drop in when the server gets online at 20:00 GMT. You will decide the track we race at by seconding eachothers post. The track that gets the first three seconds will be the track we will race on Mini Friday.

Example:

Code:
Herrmannator: OMG, I want Nordschleife
Atkins: I second Nordschleife:thumbup: 
Omer: I second Nordschleife :cool:
Bram: I want Brands Hatch Indy
Lee: I second Brands Hatch Indy
KennetT: I second Nordschleife...

Result: nordschleife gets picked for this event as it has three seconds

Boy this MOnday GT series thing is starting to take off!

Michael thanks for the tips on the torque band of the Vette! I'll change that gearing or you can ship your setup online? LOL

BTW the Damage Factor will be reduced from 100% so you have a reasonable chance to finish! I am thinking like 80%.

Anyways, should be a ton of fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 252 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years