rF2 F1 @ Monte Carlo - Sunday 24th May 2009

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
second lap , someone span in front of me , i made a move t othe left into the barier ..

managed to get to pit , but i was strugling with the settings and all , did take much to long , when back on track , leader was right behind me , made me sweat and crash hard ... :(

better luck next time ....

thnx guys

• G-Kraft

it all ended up in a huge disappointment...not sure what happend...but my computer started to freeze and lagg while doing the formation-lap thing..i waited in several minutes, and when i finaly get out to the track i get DQ!

So i did not even start the race, what a shame..

What a disaster :silly: low fps on starting grid but seamed than ok after all was moving in formation lap. but on start than again... was driving slow not to be in the way and pitted to let all go full tank. fps than ok but had a little damage on rear suspension. no idea from what :thinking: strange because I lost it than completly on the tunnel exit :beat-up:

Oh well!? The barrier bit on the first corner already and I had to pit for some repairs. The left front suspension suffered the most from the clout and caused the left front tyre to melt pretty much in about 5 laps after the pitstop. From that point it was just about getting to the end 'cos everyone behind had quit already! But Alas.... frequent "barrier bouncing" caused to much damage to continue after lap 16.
BTW that was pretty much the story for the REAL Vettel today. lol :) Don't feel so bad then....

What a disaster :silly: low fps on starting grid but seamed than ok after all was moving in formation lap. but on start than again... was driving slow not to be in the way and pitted to let all go full tank. fps than ok but had a little damage on rear suspension. no idea from what :thinking: strange because I lost it than completly on the tunnel exit :beat-up:

Daniel i had very low fps on the start line and going from the last corner to the first corner:(

Do you have a ATi card?

Ati card here also, no fps issues.

Qual was ok and almost reached my qual pb. Only .3 off. I was surprised to see the aliens doing 1.15.x where I could just do 1.17.4x. Later I learned it was fuel for them.
Started 5th on the grid and got away good. Gained 1 spot and was in 4th position after T1. Then somewhat later P2 (I think) spun and P3 had to brake hard to avoid crashing into. I could pass both at that time and was in P2.

Then Ben was just driving away lap after lap. He was a bit lighter and on supersofts. Then the pitstops came and I was passing him and got a comfortable lead.

But then I was doing some stupid things and was meshing with the pit-strategy and lost some time on track because of that.
Did my pitstop which was ok, and was just hitting the track after Ben.

First I lost time on him, then I started to close the gap a bit, till I saw his front wing flying off. On my view I could not see him hitting a wall before that, only after because of no front grip of course.

Ben did some suicide action, Wendlinger style, and landed somewhere in heaven.

Then it was 16 boring laps to finish. Constantly focussing to avoid kisses to the wall. In the whole race I kissed it three times. Not that bad :) No damage at all luckily.

Finished 1st and only 3 finishers this race.

Thanks for the fun and see you next time.

• Steve Parker

After realising i had loaded wrong setiup in qualy i only had 6 laps of fuel at start,pitted on lap 6 changed to medium tires and had to do last 34 laps on them lol,but managed to finish and was happy with 2nd :dance2:

Race was over after 9 laps :( I made a mistake last corner before finish and lost my rear wing. I was 10 meter past the pitlane entry so had to try to drive the lap without a wing..........well that didnt work and crashed in the wall again.
Bad luck maybe better next race !

• Steve Parker

Ati here and had no problems,maybe catalyst your using ?

short reply of my race:

Didnt practice at all. I just made a basic setup and drove fore 30 minutes.
Was way to late fore quali so i was fare behind at the end of quali. P11

Did a very good start with clutch. so after a few turns i was already on P4.

Drove the car to the finish without doing anyting crazy. lost my wing at the last couple of laps (stupid me lost of concentration) I was then 2th. But after m stop i was 3th end so i finished.

cya all next time i hope with more practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 231 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%