F1 Monaco Grand Prix Discussion Thread

Max is, in my opinion. the victim of his hype.

He arrived in a whirlwind of hype and maybe he believed it.

I think the reason for the mistakes is he's not getting it his own way this season. He has a team mate who's outperforming him and it doesn't compute. He can't handle it. Yet.

Red Bull have an apparent history of putting their eggs in one basket and I wouldn't be surprised if they'd but them in the one with a V on it. It wouldn't be the first time. I've certainly seen Ricciardo as the underdog at Red Bull since Verstappen arrived, through no fault of Ricciardo's.

But Max hasn't had the performances that the hype demands and, at the moment it's affecting him.

But very few truly great drivers had it easy on the way to the top, and times of adversity like this will make or break him.

Maybe this is the sternest test he will face. I seem to remember a certain 4 time world champion, firmly embedded as the team's favourite, having a torrid season with Ricciardo as a teammate.

If Max can find a way to overcome the situation he's in, the hype train will soon be back on track, and this time it'll be deserved.

Don't know, but 1:10.*** during qualification is an arcade time. :roflmao:
Yeah it's not a sim! so unrealistic lol

GRAND PRIX BINGO

DeMCkFtXUAAh51T.jpg

Strategy will be key today, both for Max and for the race winner. Also, I see everyone staying out for as long as possible for fear of a safety car.

Monaco - annual glamour non racing procession - Even with 100 less HP you can still control the pace.
A glamour parade.

Last edited:
Was never really any doubt. The issues with Ricciardo just prove how unflattering the circuit is to racing. Good event/Spectacle just not for "racing"

Just want your opinion on Verstappen's move on Sainz. Should the corner cutting be pursued?
(I think yes)
Probably one of the only exciting things that happened. He made the effort to make the corner and get back on the track. Touch and go but the stewards gave him the benefit of the doubt. could have easily just straight lined it...

For the people who are nostalgic about the days of Senna and his wins at Monaco, this Monaco 2018 GP had more challenges and was in general more entertaining than any of the GP's at Monaco between 1987 and 1993 by quite the margin. Fights were everywhere, strategy played and more overtakes were done than in those years all together.

For the people who are nostalgic about the days of Senna and his wins at Monaco, this Monaco 2018 GP had more challenges and was in general more entertaining than any of the GP's at Monaco between 1987 and 1993 by quite the margin. Fights were everywhere, strategy played and more overtakes were done than in those years all together.
I found it remarkable that the top 5 guys were at some point all in a 10 second window

Wow.

It was clear Ricciardo would win, but didn't expect him to win in that fashion. To nurse the car halfway is something only high-caliber drivers do.

Bottas could have done more with his supersofts, Verstappen more mature than his previous Monaco races. Overall an interesting race.

• Deleted member 6919

Congrats to Daniel for winning deserved it all weekend..Then there's track itself, it's a parade for the rich to turn up not knowing shite about the whole thing. And racing round here for the fan is such a waste of time, for me it's time to wave goodbye to Monaco it's well over due.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back