F1 Mobile Racing 2019 Update.jpg

A new update to F1 Mobile Racing is heading your way soon - offering the first opportunity to drive the 2019 Formula One grid in any racing game.

Currently available on iOS and Android and featuring the 2018 racing season, update 5 for F1 Mobile Racing will see the inclusion of the teams, drivers and liveries from the current Grand Prix year, with the new content replacing the 2018 version within the game.

Codemasters have explained that any player who has already purchased a 2018 livery within the game will receive the corresponding 2019 livery free of charge once the update goes live - although they haven't fully committed to exactly when that update will be available, short of some time in early May.

Team liveries from the previous season will be removed, but for existing Mobile Racing players who have already purchased a livery, they will receive the corresponding 2019 team livery free of charge. For example, if you already own the 2018 Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport livery, the 2019 Mercedes colours will be waiting for you in your Garage after installing the new update! 2018 driver helmets will remain in the game, and you’ll retain any helmets you’ve purchased, but only the new helmets will be purchasable from Update 5.

What do you think of F1 Mobile Racing? Do you like the concept, have you tried the game yet? Let us know in the comments section below!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

3D models look really wrong, 2019 style front wing, totally wrong nose,
driver looks about 9 years old there sat way too low inside the cockpit looks really strange tbh,
not convinced by the visuals 1 bit.

I'm not terribly happy with the game. I play it for the arcade feel of it, not because it is in any way realistic. But, I suppose it is nice to have the new grid available now...especially with the season challenges they have for us.

3D models look really wrong, 2019 style front wing, totally wrong nose,
driver looks about 9 years old there sat way too low inside the cockpit looks really strange tbh,
not convinced by the visuals 1 bit.
Well the models are just the generic base models (judging from the small print "2019 F1 Technical Regulations Cars", so I guess there will be an update on those.

Well the models are just the generic base models (judging from the small print "2019 F1 Technical Regulations Cars", so I guess there will be an update on those.
Yes I missed that part my bad,
non the less the drivers are still like 9 year olds, the regulations are quite clear at this point for safety of the drivers they need to be seated in a certain position,
youll tend to see that the top of the drivers surround the base structure where the halos are mounted,
the drivers visors are always level with the top of the surround, like I say for safety.
upload_2019-5-1_11-24-55.png

I do not see that here so still stand by my original post.
upload_2019-5-1_11-27-25.png

You can check 1000 pics youll see the same triangle like I have shown.
upload_2019-5-1_11-31-21.png

Last edited:
Yes I missed that part my bad,
non the less the drivers are still like 9 year olds, the regulations are quite clear at this point for safety of the drivers they need to be seated in a certain position,
youll tend to see that the top of the drivers surround the base structure where the halos are mounted,
the drivers visors are always level with the top of the surround, like I say for safety.
View attachment 303727
I do not see that here so still stand by my original post.
View attachment 303728
You can check 1000 pics youll see the same triangle like I have shown.
View attachment 303729
Fully agree on that. Drivers look tiny and completely out of position.

Took a few days off to let this new update settle in. Get back in to realize my entire car has been disassembled and have to put all my updates back on it. This ticked me off last update this happened. I just deleted the game from my phone because I'm never getting the same car back. Again.

F1 Mobile Racing Updated.jpg

Codemasters have released a new update to their latest mobile racing title - F1 Mobile Racing.

The new build, the eighth since the game released on iOS and Android devices back in October 2018 ,sees plenty in the way of improvements and changes to the officially licenced mobile device Formula One title.

Of the key changes for this new build, the ability to now select longer distance single player races and a bunch of additional performance parts for the in game vehicles are arguably the highlights of release 8 - and Codemasters have confirmed they will continue to listen to community feedback as they look to further develop the game in the months ahead.

Check out the highlights from the new build below...

F1 Mobile Racing - Update 8 - New Features

Find new ways to take your car’s performance up a gear, with five brand new R&D parts added to the game. Win Duels, complete objectives and rank on leaderboards to uncover the two Epic and three Rare parts.

Earn additional R&D points as you progress through the Leagues in Duel mode, giving you more chances to adjust and improve your car’s performance.

Always stay in the know with F1® Mobile Racing with our inbox of handy. Get the breaking news on announcements, limited-time events, Shop offers and much more.

Want longer races in Single mode? You got it. It’s time for a test of endurance, as you can create races on any circuit you’ve unlocked that last 10 or 15 laps!

Visual and technical improvements across the board, including changes made based on community feedback.

What do you think of F1 Mobile Racing? Do you like the concept, have you tried the game yet? Let us know in the comments section below!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Must be slow news day. Even nonsense like this RD wants to cover. Shall RD cover games like “Real” Racing 3, CSR or Asphalt soon?

More importantly, how much bloated RD wants to make the news section? I nearly missed the announcement of iracing adding the new Australian supercars because of the amount of news the site started to add. Plus, is a news of a F1 mobile game or cash grab relevant to the audience here?

What fov to set on iphone 7s ? anybode have some calculator for this or something....can`t find no mobile racing forums topics on this meter :p

Codemasters have confirmed Update 9 for the popular F1 Mobile Racing game is arriving imminently...

... and contains access to the increasingly popular F1 Esports for the very first time! Yes, widening participation from the current Xbox One, PS4 and PC platforms to debut on mobile gaming for the first time, the upcoming update 9 for F1 Mobile Racing begins this December 13th, and will offer players the opportunity to compete for qualification in the main Esport series.

'Starting on December 13, The Mobile Qualifier works in a similar way to your standard F1® Mobile Racing GP Event: compete in three separate events, taking place on the circuits of Australia (Melbourne), Singapore (Marina Bay) and Belgium (Spa-Francorchamps). From these three events, you’ll earn a cumulative score, which is then used for your global leaderboard placement. You’ll have the chance to retry or re-enter the event to shave off those tenths of a second and give you another shot at the top spot.

We’re giving every player an equal chance at taking the top spot in the Mobile Qualifier, by putting the same cap on every car’s PI (Performance Indicator) level – the number that dictates the overall performance of your car. That means in this GP Event, car performance does not matter; just like the F1 Esports series, it’s all down to your skill, nerve and consistency as a driver
'.

As well as that big piece of news, the new update will also include a few other goodies for gamers who use the free to play mobile app, details of which can be found below;

• Christmas Pass: Grab yourself an early Holiday season present with our Christmas Pass! Available until January 5th, unwrap the Christmas Pass to earn in-game currency, new R&D parts, and exclusive winter-themed visual items. Discover your new items via our in-game advent calendar, with new rewards ready to open every day through the festive period!
  • Shop: Check out the brand new Shop, where we’re stocking some brand new offers, new parts to grab every day, and starter packs now available every time you change Leagues in Duel.
  • Season Championship Finale: The 2019 F1 season may be over, but our season-long championship is rolling on! Until January 31st, you have the chance to retry previous events in Season Championship to improve your overall score and global leaderboard ranking, leading to bigger and better prizes. Good luck!
  • Daily parts: Update 9 brings two new daily parts for players, so as you check in each day to open your advent calendar from the Christmas Pass, make sure to open your daily pack, too. Drop rates have been removed from the daily pack, so you can always see what you’re acquiring. Also, keep checking in for our weekly, seasonal and flash offers!

No official release date has been confirmed as yet, however I'm sure further details will revealed in the near future.

F1 Mobile Racing update 1.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%